ArcSyn Rooolz!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ArcSyn

Noumena wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:48 am "I only play mono lines." Well, folks. There you have it.
Exactly. How would you argue with someone who insists that nobody needs a sustain pedal on a piano because they just hold one note for as long as they want?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:10 pm
Noumena wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:48 am "I only play mono lines." Well, folks. There you have it.
Exactly. How would you argue with someone who insists that nobody needs a sustain pedal on a piano because they just hold one note for as long as they want?
Right. I almost never use pitch and mod wheels. I’ve never liked them. Do you see me on threads arguing against them because there are work-a-rounds for getting what they do? Of course not. For many they provide an important function and I understand that we all come to synths from different places.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Polyphony is for IDIOTS.

Noumena wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:56 am
BONES wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:30 amSo I figure if we stop asking for something hard, and instead ask for something easy, we might see a lot more progress than we've had to date. Surely you can appreciate the benefit of that?
I would love a show of hands for people that see any benefit whatsoever from your quite extensive commentary on the full breadth and depth of your unique understanding the technology of MPE and how it could apply to... anything.
What Bones is suggesting is of no interest to me... I want full MPE because I use it often... and it would be annoying to design a sound in a synth that can only be played in mono and then I decide I want a bit of release on the amp envelope but then I need to switch synths and start all over.

So you'd be happy for MPE, even if it didn't include CC74 or Aftertouch? Of course not, you want both, even if that means you'll have to wait years, when you could have one part now and maybe the rest later. Where is the sense in that? If one thing can be done easily but the other can't, why not get the easy thing now? Why bundle them together and demand both at once if it means we don't get either for years? It doesn't make sense.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

You're right, Bones. It just doesn't make sense.

Also: Polyphony is for idiots.

hi
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:44 pmhi
Fantastic insight.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:31 pm
martiu wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:44 pmhi
Fantastic insight.
you are welcome :hug:
aliasing plugin owner

MPE would be great

I was just thinking the other day that ArcSyn is one synth I was so into, yet I can't remember the last time I actually used it. I couldn't tell you why, it still sounds great and it's still easy to work with, I just don't think to reach for it any more.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

You have too many usable synths with a similar architecture… To stick to one of them is sufficient when creating your own sounds. The others still can remain as preset machines…

ArcSyn is great for me because it is very capable yet efficient, also has great randomize button that is a lot of fun creating crazy patches
aliasing plugin owner

Actually while ago I wrote to the developer; I was asking for minor browser improvements.
He said he would be working on more considerable changes, apart from the browser.
I hope he won't abandon his plugins; the synth in particular is great.
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:15 am You have too many usable synths with a similar architecture… To stick to one of them is sufficient when creating your own sounds. The others still can remain as preset machines…
I agree that that can be a problem. Although I usually reach for the synth which sounds the best to me for the intended purpose though.

Return to “Instruments”