Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

ClaviFKER wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:29 pm I'm going with Audiority. Green Reaper will be awesome, will sound awesome, will have all the cool mods, it gonna be Tube Screamer alright.
Please leave this thread and take your personal attacks out of this forum. Reported.

FWIW, I love your work Andy :love:

I agree that personal attacks and insults have to be banned.

However, we are now waiting for the final version to drop since... let me see... 2017?! That's 3 years. It's ridiculous.

I am sure, Andy wants this release to be perfect and he has the best intentions of delivering the best product he possibly can. But to be honest, this is a perfect example why I have lost faith in "small developers". First they promise to make everything better than anyone else - this great feature, that great feature, endless possibilities and high expectations for future updates. Then they suddenly decide to focus on other things in their life and forget about all their promises.

Wow, some of you really answered seriously to this trolling attempt. It‘s good that we have internet to substitute psychological support for some species :lol:

BTW, maybe the „marketing-strategy“ is suboptimal, labeling a mature product as beta, although it is fully working and completely stable, especially in direction to the fetishists, who care on the release stamp. But I prefer getting a full working and stable beta version with the promise to get once a perfect release version over the approach to throw half-cooked plugins in the market and then drop support, because capacity is going into the next half-cooked plugin to get „released“

No, it's not about the product being labelled as "beta". It's about the developer promising new features and imminent release since 2017.

So what? Andy is terribly slow obviously for some reason (and I made fun of that in the past and most likely will do so again :razz:) but I think you should ALWAYS buy everything FOR WHAT IT IS - and if you don't, then that is YOUR fault and problem.

I totally understand being thrilled and thus impatient, like a child, and personally I certainly am ALL THE TIME :hyper: :wheee: :hyper: , but I think you should at the same time be grown-up enough to look at it (and yourself) from a different perspective and discipline yourself.
There are clear warnings all over the Cytomic page about it being beta and there's no official promise as to when or if that will ever change.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:39 am I think you should ALWAYS buy everything FOR WHAT IT IS - and if you don't, then that is YOUR fault and problem.
Agreed.
In this case, it's been fully working and easily worth double the price of what we had to pay.

I would surprised if most people buy software for what it is not what it can be. I know I don't.
If a developer says ok this is it, I will not be doing anymore development of a product and he puts it on sale. Unless it is the cat's meow, I for one wouldnt' buy it. I am investing money (and time as another kvr user had said) when I buy a piece of software.
Indeed when I buy hardware I buy that for what it is, for software I anticipate further development, it being software and programmable etc.

Andy is a perfectionist but I suspect even he would not have anticipated Scream to take so long to be officially released. Afaik he has completely changed the GUI etc for over a year, and did a lot of changes to his modeling and framework that he has indicated, so it is definitely nowhere near a final state as we have it.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:48 am I would surprised if most people buy software for what it is not what it can be.
I certainly do.That means if I think I can make good use the way it is when I purchase it. Of course an expectation of what it may become in the future may push me over the edge if I am nonetheless hesistant, but that primary requirement nonetheless is valid.

One of the only exceptions may be Sknote as they have no demo and I am usually too lazy to ask for a refund - I sometimes do, but rarely - and nonetheless barely use the stuff because a lot of it is just buggy as hell - and yet I do not complain because it's my own choice after all (even though I think there should be a big bold red disclaimer all over the Sknote-website saying something along the lines of: "WARNING - the chance that this software is going to work for you as advertised is mimimal" :hihi:) - which is something that not at all applies to the Scream beta, despite the existing disclaimer)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:40 pm ........... (even though I think there should be a big bold red disclaimer all over the Sknote-website saying something along the lines of: "WARNING - the chance that this software is going to work for you as advertised is mimimal" :hihi:) -.......
lmao :)......But indeed I was going to ask you how do you feel if you buy something and discover it has a bug, which you never noticed whilst you were demoing it. Is it accept it as is?

But yes indeed that does not apply to Cytomic. He is constantly refining and adding stuff and fixes bugs very quickly in my experience.

rsp
sound sculptist

Exactly
meloco_go wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:50 pm IMO Andy's mistake is that "beta" had to be dropped long ago and all the great features he plans to add should be released as version 2.0.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Yes, I agree with that too!

zvenx wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:47 pm
jens wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:40 pm ........... (even though I think there should be a big bold red disclaimer all over the Sknote-website saying something along the lines of: "WARNING - the chance that this software is going to work for you as advertised is mimimal" :hihi:) -.......
lmao :)......But indeed I was going to ask you how do you feel if you buy something and discover it has a bug, which you never noticed whilst you were demoing it. Is it accept it as is?
Well, tbh - Sknote aside - I can not remember any show-stopping bugs in other plugins (or any other bugs at all, even though I am pretty sure I must have come across one or the other niggle here or there) - they certainly usually all do what they are supposed to do - or wait: as I recently said in its thread, NOS Roomer imo really is a p.o.s. - and surprise surprise: it doesn't have a demo either.
I simply uninstalled it - especially since it's just some IRs that use up disk-space.

With Sknote you may have sudden silence (until you reload the plugin), or some controls do nothing at all, or they do something different than what they are supposed to do or the same process yields vastly different results from one moment or one instance to the other... not all of them (I believe :lol:) but you can't really trust them...

Isn't the solution there to stop buying SKNote plugins?

The solution for what?

Return to “Effects”