2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Flexibility. That said, I probably will end up using it more as an insert effect on a single instrument at a time. I just didn’t want to hardwire it in on the input path from a hardware synth since I have lots of software synths and I might want to use it one of those. Or as saturation for many.

fair enough :tu:

like i said, not that you cant, just hadnt crossed my mind to do so :)
either way, the quality of their stuff is great, so im pretty sure youll love it.
it gets a lot of nice reviews.

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:28 pm The Dreadbox stuff probably wont be here till the end of the week, so I might borrow a couple of bits out of Beastie.
This was a lie. I lost track of time, but it turned out that they didnt have the Dreadbox VCO module in stock, and they couldnt be arsed telling me. So my order sat in limbo for over a fortnight until I asked about it, then had to prompt them to do a part-shipment.

So I should I should be getting the set of Dreadbox Chromatic modules, sans the Hysteria, today.

(Somewhat ironically, I had been intending to get most of the Chromatic set for ages, but didnt need another oscillator; I only added that because when I finally bought the set it was to go into the NiftyCase as a potentially fully self-contained system, and it made sense to put the VCO in too.)

Anyways, I also got an email saying my SuperDisting EX preorder had been shipped, and I should be getting that today as well...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Buggeration. DPD have just changed the delivery day for the Dreadbox stuff to Monday.

ffs. arseholes.

Im getting different things on different versions of their tracking page. One says its been in the local depot since 9.45, the other says its due Monday. Whit?

May have been sent the wrong way after arrival at local depot.
I once got a UPS update informing me my Thomann parcel was heading for Poland (I'm in Belgium).

cptgone wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:06 pm May have been sent the wrong way after arrival at local depot.
I once got a UPS update informing me my Thomann parcel was heading for Poland (I'm in Belgium).
Yeah, its weird, as of last night I could still access the two pages with different information.

However as of half an hour ago, Ive been given a delivery window for today.

So, erm, hooray?

All very odd.

Year's almost half over and it's been very slow for me. No real GAS for anything.

I did get a couple expression pedals for my Kurzweil PC4, and bought a Fender Player Mustang bass - that's it so far.

No 'must haves' on the radar.

Wound up cancelling my order for the EMW FFB. I found a Make Noise FxdF instead, which is what I wanted in the first place but they weren't available at the time.

Has anyone picked up one of these? Its a delay/looper with lots of tools to FSU and character adjustment on feedback/loop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA3EzLN ... e=emb_logo

Almost all of their pedals accept midi and it looks like CV too, so they look like they're made with both guitars and synths in mind.

Almost got Kurts guitar but had to stop the bidding at $5.9m.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:32 pm Almost got vurts guitar but had to stop the bidding at $5.9m.
:wheee: minted!

vurt wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:34 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:32 pm Almost got vurts guitar but had to stop the bidding at $5.9m.
:clap:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:36 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:34 pm
:clap:
my other joke was "5.9 mill? will take more than that to fill courtney loves hole..."

but im pretty sure she wont see a penny, but its still funny.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”