Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks but I am not sure, still. In the license content when installing the Sonivos software there was information that you can not resell the license. On the forum I saw that some users were selling Sonivox software. The manufacturer does not respond to inquiries... :?

If they just don't reply, I think iLok takes precedence over Sonivox's reselling policy. I saw a "Yes" in the "Allow Transfer" segment when I checked iLok License Manager on Sonivox products. Unless some of their products are not part of iLok...

Still, as per usual disclaimers, I am not a lawyer. I don't even have experience with anything reselling now, just did a little research.

I’m cleaning up my plugins folder and was wondering if anyone know if it is possible to sell the Kontakt version of Sonic Faction Archetype? Seems like their webpage is down...

Also have VIR2 Studio Kit Builder, a Kontakt Instrument, and can’t find any information about that.
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me And My Monkey

I read elsewhere in this thread and on the forum that Synapse Audio licenses are NFR (Not for Resale) after the first owner sells the license, but I was just told by Marcin from Synapse Audio by email that I am permitted to resell my license, which I purchased from a previous owner. This may be common knowledge now, but I haven't seen it expressed anywhere on the forum.

Why are Plugin Boutique so retarded about not transferring licenses of their own VST's ? I just bought Carbon Electra in good faith, and I assume the person I bought it from didnt know either about their policy, so I am hoping for a refund, but ffs PB, sort it out. THats just lazy.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Plugin Botique allows the transfer of PB branded plugins one time. So only the original purchaser can transfer the license.

FilthyOtis wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:05 pm Plugin Botique allows the transfer of PB branded plugins one time. So only the original purchaser can transfer the license.
So basically Plugin Boutique do allow transfer of their own licensed VST's just probably not ones from other vendors.

So just gotta wait for them to do the transfer lol nice one mate, appreciate you checking first.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Just thought I should mention that Arturia has made it really easy to transfer licenses (without involving support). When the seller has received the funds, he can simply log in to his Arturia account and deregister the product, then send the serial + unlock code to the buyer, who can then simply register the product using this information.

Note to the seller, just don't forget to write down the serial + unlock code before deregistering (you should have this information in your email, but just in case you don't...).

Kudos to Arturia, I think many companies have a lot to learn here. :tu:

HotCoffee wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:30 pm Just thought I should mention that Arturia has made it really easy to transfer licenses (without involving support). When the seller has received the funds, he can simply log in to his Arturia account and deregister the product, then send the serial + unlock code to the buyer, who can then simply register the product using this information.

Note to the seller, just don't forget to write down the serial + unlock code before deregistering (you should have this information in your email, but just in case you don't...).

Kudos to Arturia, I think many companies have a lot to learn here. :tu:
Well put. +1 for Arturia support in particular. Great company. :tu:

I've read in a few places that the 25 vouchers can be used for Plugin Alliance transfer fees, is this still true?

Vengeance license transfers for Avenger are £30 and become NFR. This is why I wont buy it. #noNFR

timbit2006 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:07 am I've read in a few places that the 25 vouchers can be used for Plugin Alliance transfer fees, is this still true?
Yes, true. But you have to reach the minimum price to apply the voucher.

After asking them, these are the Sonimus license transfer conditions:

The license transfer process has an administrative cost. The transfer fee is 20% of its price (RRP).
Steps are:
1. With the purpose of keeping the information regarding the new owner, our request is that the buyer (not the seller) has to pay the fee by PayPal using their own PayPal account (please make the payment to "sonimus.sales@gmail.com" via PayPal.).
2. The seller must inform us, in this way: new user, PayPal ID transaction, and product/s.
3. Copies downloaded and deployed by the seller must be destroyed
After that, the license becomes an NFR for the new owner.

Also, in my experience, a little bit of patience is required, it can take about a week to do the transfer (sometimes less) as they are a little (but great) company. Hope it helps.

Genesis Pro?

I was about to sell my Wavesfactory Cassette license, but then found out this:
"NOTE: We cannot transfer licenses purchased at PluginBoutique."

Just wondering why...
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”