RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

I have just released a preset expansion pack for Rapid - Chiasa.

Chiasa was created as primarily a cinematic library, but could be used for a wide-range of electronic genres.

Demo tunes

Preset walkthrough video

Hope you like it, cheers.

Quite liking the sound of many of those patches in the walkthru (thanks for doing a walk thru too).
I am not a customer, but a potential one (Probably get Rapid the next time it goes on sale, then I may be a customer).
Suggestion though, I know naming patches can be a pain in the ass, but let me tell you why it is very useful to me at least.

I name all my tracks using software synths with the name of the patch... So if the project gets corrupted or the synth for whatever reason has a version that defaults everything to the init patch (has happened quite a few times with various synths over the decades), it makes it easier for me to 'fix' the project as I know which preset goes with which track.

If I have several developers all with Bass 1, for example it makes the process much more tedious.

My 2 cents. And good luck with the bank.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks zvenx, appreciate you commenting. Yeah the whole preset naming thing is something I am never sure what to do about. A while back I asked (I think the in soundware forum) for people's thoughts on naming presets. I have to admit to thinking that naming presets was pointless (maybe pointless is a strong word) process, but your situation is a very real one and one that definitely does make naming presets a good idea, in fact possibly the only real need for naming them...imo.

I have already started my next pack and you'll be pleased to know that I have started to name them differently - maybe not trying to describe the preset in one or two words, but at least giving them a more unique name.

Thanks again.

cb8rwh wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:03 pm I have just released a preset expansion pack for Rapid - Chiasa.

Chiasa was created as primarily a cinematic library, but could be used for a wide-range of electronic genres.

Demo tunes

Preset walkthrough video

Hope you like it, cheers.
wow this sounds really great and i need to get this! i always love to know or see how those songs are made, are there maybe Projectfiles/midi files included?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Thanks very much Caine. I used Cubase 10.5 to write the tunes in - if you have Cubase I am happy to get the project files to you - some of the drums/percs wouldn't work as the ones that aren't made in Rapid are using things in Kontakt...mainly.

I purchased Rapid this very day, what an incredible Synth it is.
So few Synths allow layering in such a way that manage such CPU efficiency.

cb8rwh wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:06 pm Thanks zvenx, appreciate you commenting. Yeah the whole preset naming thing is something I am never sure what to do about. A while back I asked (I think the in soundware forum) for people's thoughts on naming presets. I have to admit to thinking that naming presets was pointless (maybe pointless is a strong word) process, but your situation is a very real one and one that definitely does make naming presets a good idea, in fact possibly the only real need for naming them...imo.

I have already started my next pack and you'll be pleased to know that I have started to name them differently - maybe not trying to describe the preset in one or two words, but at least giving them a more unique name.

Thanks again.
:) Actually even weird, a name catches my attention and may even subconsciously motivate how I use it, for good or bad.

My two cents.
You are most welcome.
rsp
sound sculptist

exmatproton wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:40 am
Mirko R. wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:10 am
vertibration wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:21 am I dont know if this has been requested besides Venus Theory on his youtube Rapid video, but I want to request being able to FM oscillators. This is kind of super important
Rapid has a regular PM since v1.0 and a "PM from osc" since v1.6 in the osc insert section. PM and FM works in different ways but creates the same results. ;)
Well, no. It can create similar results, but because of the workings it can act quite different and create different results.
Agreed. In Serum, you can mute one oscillator, and use that to FM the other oscillator. Would be nice to see that function in Rapid

vertibration wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:02 pm
exmatproton wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:40 am
Mirko R. wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:10 am
vertibration wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:21 am I dont know if this has been requested besides Venus Theory on his youtube Rapid video, but I want to request being able to FM oscillators. This is kind of super important
Rapid has a regular PM since v1.0 and a "PM from osc" since v1.6 in the osc insert section. PM and FM works in different ways but creates the same results. ;)
Well, no. It can create similar results, but because of the workings it can act quite different and create different results.
Agreed. In Serum, you can mute one oscillator, and use that to FM the other oscillator. Would be nice to see that function in Rapid
That is possible already. Just turn the Volume down of the mod-osc

shonky wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:32 am When is the update dropping, looking forward to trying out the granular features...
The update will be released in July. There will be new content and presets, so this still takes a while.

parawave wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:05 pm
shonky wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:32 am When is the update dropping, looking forward to trying out the granular features...
The update will be released in July. There will be new content and presets, so this still takes a while.
Its my Birthday on the 8th July....just sayin' :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

parawave wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:05 pm

And hopefully a sale too :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Any plans in the pipeline for filter FM?

MissOptimyst wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:34 pm Hey there! Heard a sound demo of Rapid and I really like what I hear. I’m thinking of picking it up soon to compliment my soft synth collection. Does anyone know if it is compatible with Catalina OS?
no, I think its not. GUI extremely lags in CPU mode with logic and cubase

Iva wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:44 pm
MissOptimyst wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:34 pm Hey there! Heard a sound demo of Rapid and I really like what I hear. I’m thinking of picking it up soon to compliment my soft synth collection. Does anyone know if it is compatible with Catalina OS?
no, I think its not. GUI extremely lags in CPU mode with logic and cubase
At this point I own it and confirm it works fine. A few minor bugs here and there in Logic, but all have work arounds and it’s been working smoothly.

Return to “Instruments”