Your Top Three Kontakt Instruments

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have many of the HG Sounds Kontakt Instruments but am thinking about getting more. https://hgsounds.com/product-category/kontakt/

Please list your top three (or more or less) favorite Kontakt Instruments or best whatever HGS products. Best to include why and any comments to help the reader including me to possible buy it.

My Favorite:
Movement – Instant gratification
Motion – X-Y pads!
Gravity Waves – The sound

I’m on Kontakt 6 - Windows 10-64bit.
Really too bad that Kontakt does not allow the instruments multi-touch capability!

The sale is still going on.
Please chime in with you favorite Instruments.

This week, I mostly been playing with

Emergent Properties, this is so much fun and I think the basis of my next Sineglider EP (after the one I am working on).
Interpolator - Simple, but I managed to come up with and save about 5 presets that I plan to use.
Casetto - Purely since it was my first and it has a special place in my heart

^^^
Perhaps I should put Emergent Properties on my buy list! I am not much into percussion. Can use other samples?

The Interpolator has only two presets. Your is the same?

I like Casetto but need to spend more time with it.

I am hoping that more chime in to help myself and others by posting their top three HomeGrown Kontakt instruments.

Now is the best time to offer your opinion.

I also need to spend more time with Casetto...

Please chime in with your favorite HG Kontakt instruments.

It's hard to just go with 3 from everything Andy has turned out over to date..it really is! I feel I have to mentioning a few that are right up there with my 3, such as Gravity Wave..a great resource for making ambient drones and soundscapes, which I tend to do a fair bit of..along with Movement and Interpolator, which I'm still coming to terms with..it's capable of making some really wonderful sounds.

But, having said all that, my main 3 have to be the following..

Airwaves: It's a pretty unique thing..a real gem for creating interest in an ambient track, as well as adding unusual rhythms in a track.

Destiny: I really like the sound it gives you right out of the box..smacks of 70s/80s analog to my ears, yet still gives up totally modern sounds at the same time!

Fragments: A really cool tool for making soundscapes and helping build an ambient bed for a track. It's too easy to get lost tweaking things and end up in a totally different musical direction than what you had in mind starting out, but it's always fun getting there..and the end result is usually worth the time and effort. :wink:
Ambient Mechanics

Right now, I havent stopped playing with Serenity for 2 days, since doing the group buy. I find it wonderfully relevant and useful in nearly everything I experiment with, and the mod wheel default mappings are very nice. I dont own a single other HGsounds instrument or package of any kind, but I have been looking closely at Dark Matter and reading others' feedback. I will probably buy that, or another instrument soon.

I've tried and tried to come up with 3 of my favorites but I have nearly all the HGSounds Kontakt instruments and its really hard to pick 3 favorites. Here's the list for one's I intend to spend a lot of time with (Sorry its more than 3; once I spend more time, maybe I can narrow it):

MIDI Looper
Succession Pro
Circular
AirWaves
Movement
Motion
Gravity Waves

Maybe AirWaves at the top.

More feedback on Emergent Properties would be helpful! I keep seeing that mentioned and it seems very unique even as HGSound instruments go!

As of today here are the favorite totals:

3 Gravity Wave
3 Movement

2 AirWaves
2 Interpolator
2 Motion

Casetto
Circular
Destinyanalog
Emergent Properties
Fragments
MIDI Looper
Serenity
Succession Pro

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:25 pm As of today here are the favorite totals:

3 Gravity Wave
3 Movement

2 AirWaves
2 Interpolator
2 Motion

Casetto
Circular
Destinyanalog
Emergent Properties
Fragments
MIDI Looper
Serenity