AIR Updates or Never Again? Please Don't Delete or Change My Topic Title!

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I guess they mainly made updates related to Catalina on OSX...

Did you really expect anything more?

- Mario

Didn't fix the "missing content xpand/minigrand" bug in GarageBand that folks on their forum have been talking about for a while now.

Hmmm... classic :tu: :dog:

Edit: the workaround I found, is the judicious use of symbolic links, or putting both .big files in the same directory in case anyone needed to know.

- Jay

I'm starting to think they don't have the knowledge/skills on how to update the software. I guess all the programmers left when InMusic Brands acquired Air Music Technology. Boom, the DS 500 and Loom II were probably already started on, and maybe already (more or less) finished, when Air Music Tech was acquired, which is why they managed to release these.

Now they are struggling on updating the old plugins, with next to no skills, and possibly old crappy code and bad documentation from the former programmers.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:33 pm I'm starting to think they don't have the knowledge/skills on how to update the software. I guess all the programmers left when InMusic Brands acquired Air Music Technology. Boom, the DS 500 and Loom II were probably already started on, and maybe already (more or less) finished, when Air Music Tech was acquired, which is why they managed to release these.

Now they are struggling on updating the old plugins, with next to no skills, and possibly old crappy code and bad documentation from the former programmers.
That sounds like a reasonable assumption. I think the Air Music Tech buyout was probably the virtual end of the line for Air, with the continued discounted sales for InMusic to milk profits from the existing product line, without having to invest in much new development. I imagine a lot of the original Air devs left, or were let go.

So any updates are probably "emergency" patches to keep products compatible with the current OS, especially for the Mac platform.

That said, the Air products were of good quality, and if they still work for your system, they are a good deal! However I would recommend running the trial version for any of them before plunking down any cash. Let the buyer beware!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:45 pm The file still says v3.0.7, but it's dated 2020-05-18.
Came here to see if anybody noticed this also, Hybrid version was 3.0.7.19000 I had to uninstall this (why can't it just overwrite?) to install the "new" update from Air's website, looking at the "new" version it's still 3.0.7.19000

So either they've been lazy with version numbers and not changed it OR the update on the website isn't the new update

Or there isn't actually a windows 10 update at all :hihi:

Digivolt wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:13 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:45 pm The file still says v3.0.7, but it's dated 2020-05-18.
Came here to see if anybody noticed this also, Hybrid version was 3.0.7.19000 I had to uninstall this (why can't it just overwrite?) to install the "new" update from Air's website, looking at the "new" version it's still 3.0.7.19000

So either they've been lazy with version numbers and not changed it OR the update on the website isn't the new update

Or there isn't actually a windows 10 update at all :hihi:
Same thoughts. I downloaded from both Air and PB and both exactly the same.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

I will not change the thread title until this is sorted! :P

Digivolt wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:13 pm Or there isn't actually a windows 10 update at all :hihi:
Hashes of the binaries are identical, so they haven't updated the code at all.

edit to add:

Thinking about it, I only checked the VSTs, it's possible that 'windows 10 performance improvements' or whatever the wording was, is pro-tools only.

NikkiA wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:40 am
Digivolt wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:13 pm Or there isn't actually a windows 10 update at all :hihi:

edit to add:

Thinking about it, I only checked the VSTs, it's possible that 'windows 10 performance improvements' or whatever the wording was, is pro-tools only.
if they have any shared code between protools and vst versions that sits in a library, they could've updated that as well.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:09 am
NikkiA wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:40 am

edit to add:

if they have any shared code between protools and vst versions that sits in a library, they could've updated that as well.
They don't though, the install installs 2 directories 'Content' (wavetables) and 'Presets', and the dll files, nothing more.

I don't have a backup of the content/presets directories, but I'd be very surprised if there could be any performance improvements just by changing wavetables or presets, not by a developer unable to change the version number anyway.

Why is Loom 2 a bad update? I was thinking of getting it. I really rate AIR presets; they're generally a really good starting point for a bit of tweaking.

Loom 2 is worth getting, on sale. They added some great presets to it!

New for LOOM II:
  • Loom II has been expanded to 8 voices by popular request!

Spectral Noise section allowing a secondary oscillator to replace or enrich the additive spectrum (created with the Sine Oscillator) with a noise spectrum. This is truly revolutionary in the additive world. Your creativity is the only limit to what is possible!

4 new modules (See module section)

2 additional Subharmonic Optional Partials bellow the normal spectrum.
    Enhanced Morph Pad options.

500 all-new patches covering a wide range of sounds designed by acclaimed sound designers Richard Devine and Mark Ovenden.

All original 350 patches re-mastered taking advantage of the new features.
    New Wave Parameter options

20+ other performance enhancements.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Anyone else get an alert that this thread was replied to today?

dandezebra wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:13 am Anyone else get an alert that this thread was replied to today?
Yes. I got your response.

I got that it was replied to before I posted. Wonder if it was deleted?

Return to “AIR Music Technology”