Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

I already posted it earlier, this article explains the differences between Largo and the Blofeld quite well: https://markmoshermusic.com/2011/07/23/ ... s-blofeld/

One thing I didn't see mentioned is the bass boost. There's a button on Largo to engage it, and, it's quite a bit stronger than one the Blofeld, where the bass boost is on by default (there's no switch on the Blofeld AFAIK.

Couldn't resist the offer, BUT why does audioplugin.deals and Waldorf ask for so much private information upon registration? Mandatory phone number, address, etc. WTF :?

Probably for the invoice/tax stuff.

It had a very uniqiue sound and different than other WT synths. Does anyone have any idea what the different in the technology is compare to Serum or Pigments? It sounds completely different. Its is based on a different algorithms?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I almost regret buying my 32" , 4K computer monitor. Some plugins including Largo is tiny. I been searching for a way to enlarge Largo. Can the GUI be enlarged? Even the old DCAM synth squad have this option.

Largo sounds great though so I don't regret buying it.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:25 am I almost regret buying my 32" , 4K computer monitor. Some plugins including Largo is tiny. I been searching for a way to enlarge Largo. Can the GUI be enlarged? Even the old DCAM synth squad have this option.

See my posts on the previous two pages. 55" 4k here and completely unreadable from 3m back, BUT word is they are working on a scaling GUI update, so fingers crossed...

telecode wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:18 am It had a very uniqiue sound and different than other WT synths. Does anyone have any idea what the different in the technology is compare to Serum or Pigments? It sounds completely different. Its is based on a different algorithms?
I would imagine there's bits of code from, or based on their older hardware - as they've been in the DSP game for a while. I'm speculating, though :)

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:53 am
ATN69 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:25 am I almost regret buying my 32" , 4K computer monitor. Some plugins including Largo is tiny. I been searching for a way to enlarge Largo. Can the GUI be enlarged? Even the old DCAM synth squad have this option.

See my posts on the previous two pages. 55" 4k here and completely unreadable from 3m back, BUT word is they are working on a scaling GUI update, so fingers crossed...
I hope it will happen :tu:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

This was worth picking up, really compliments my current instruments. Thank you for the heads-up and the discount codes!

ATN69 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:04 pm

The response from Waldorf clearly indicated that rewriting of large parts of the plugin is necessary, so it will last a while. Given that Korg needed something like 3 years for that job, I would see the asking price as a long term investment if you cannot use the plugin properly right now.

abi wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 pm
ATN69 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:04 pm

The response from Waldorf clearly indicated that rewriting of large parts of the plugin is necessary, so it will last a while. Given that Korg needed something like 3 years for that job, I would see the asking price as a long term investment if you cannot use the plugin properly right now.
Even if it takes time its nice if they really take that time to do it. This industry has seen many nice plugins becoming abandoned ware, and I for one think that Largo deserve a better destiny.

@ATN69

absolutely! just wanted to warn people because it seems like it wont happen very soon!

I also hope that this sale gives Waldorf a good financial boost! I only used a microq (which was borrowed back then) for a brief period and I think that Largo represents a certain modern Waldorf character (it has been more than a decade since I had the microq here). The elicenser and maybe the cpu demands (in 2009) kept this from becoming a soft synth favourite.

Largo is 11 years old, the original developers aren't at Waldorf anymore, and I think they hired someone part time to work on it, who was responsible for the last patches. I wouldn't hold my breath. It's a bit unrealistic to believe that they will release a new update with a resizable GUI tomorrow. Maybe at some point, but, again, I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

I frankly think you guys are buying the wrong hardware though, if your 32" 4 K screen, or your 55" screen which is 3 metres away can't display the GUI properly. There are many older soft synths or effects which aren't resizable. Frankly, I would consider buying a smaller screen just to display plugin GUI's then. You can't expect every developer out there to update their plugins which are over 10 years old just to support the newest tech.

abi wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:49 pm I also hope that this sale gives Waldorf a good financial boost! I only used a microq (which was borrowed back then) for a brief period and I think that Largo represents a certain modern Waldorf character (it has been more than a decade since I had the microq here).
Totally agree. :tu:

chk071 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:54 pm Largo is 11 years old, the original developers aren't at Waldorf anymore, and I think they hired someone part time to work on it, who was responsible for the last patches. I wouldn't hold my breath. It's a bit unrealistic to believe that they will release a new update with a resizable GUI tomorrow. Maybe at some point, but, again, I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
It would be just sensible from the perspective to put some effort (also financially i.e. more manpower) into an update. I would happily pay a price for an updated version. Call it Largo 2, add/replace the dated fx, retail at 99$, update at 29$ for version 1 owners and you´re good to go. You can clearly see I have no background in economics :hihi:

But my sentiment regarding release dates is similar (see Korg).

Return to “Instruments”