DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

melodyz wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:47 pm Hi does the akai fire script loop function apply to midi clips in the clip launcher area? By default bitwig does not like looping midi clips.
No, it toggles the arranger loop. But if you use Alt+Rec to create a new clip it is looped automatically.

ok thats pretty good. Sorry for all the questions. You dont know how long and how many different controllers/sequencers I have looked at. The fire is the only one outside of roland stuff that has the 16 steps. Maybe Deluge and Polyend Seq - but look at the price difference. Plus the data is already in the DAW.

I read the documentation. So my understanding is the pattern length is only 16 steps -correct?

also is there a way or plans to allow changing details per step like pitch, fx, and so forth. Is that even doable with something like this and Bitwig?
Finally how many different parameter pages are there? I saw something say 1-8. Is that 8 pages of 8?

melodyz wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:18 pm I read the documentation. So my understanding is the pattern length is only 16 steps -correct?
No, you can have any length you want. You can change the resolution and depending of the length of the clip you have a number of pages you can select.
melodyz wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:18 pm also is there a way or plans to allow changing details per step like pitch, fx, and so forth. Is that even doable with something like this and Bitwig?
That's already possible. Keep the pad with the note pressed and use the knobs. See here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5FV4J-lD50
melodyz wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:18 pm Finally how many different parameter pages are there? I saw something say 1-8. Is that 8 pages of 8?
Remote control pages are unlimited only the user parameters are 8 pages.

ok thanks for all your answers and patience. this might be the one.

Hi All,
Moss, thanks for your ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT and useful work.
Sorry, If I missed something in my searching but I'm using a little modified korg nano controller as control for the generic flex device to control various functions in BW. Is there any way to prevent it from sending (passing MIDI thru) its data to record enabled tracks?
Thanks,
Bradford

Pencilina wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:30 am Hi All,
Moss, thanks for your ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT and useful work.
Sorry, If I missed something in my searching but I'm using a little modified korg nano controller as control for the generic flex device to control various functions in BW. Is there any way to prevent it from sending (passing MIDI thru) its data to record enabled tracks?
Thanks,
Bradford
All MIDI you have mapped should be blocked and handed over to Bitwig (are you saying this is happening?). All other MIDI is passing through. There is no way to block this besides mapping that as well.

moss wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:43 am
sj1 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:24 pm However, I have a new question: Does 10.0 no longer allow the Left Arrow and Right Arrow HW buttons on the LPP to move the grid by exactly 1 column at a time? Unless memory is playing tricks on me, this is what I was doing just days ago with the earlier version of DrivenByMoss that I was previously on.
I hope I'm just overlooking a setting or something, or even that there is a bug that needs fixing.
Is my question clear enough? If necessary I can make a video ...
Thanks its clear. Could be a side-effect of the Maschine changes. need to test.
I looked into this and it is actually intentional. I wanted to have the track bank move like with all other controller extensions. Could be debated if it should be the same with scenes.

moss wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:11 am I looked into this and it is actually intentional. I wanted to have the track bank move like with all other controller extensions. Could be debated if it should be the same with scenes.
OK, thank you for checking.

So this was a change at some point?

Do we have more than one valid use-case here?

If so, is it possible that there could be a settable option for the user to choose?

Hi,
I mapped a Diatonic Transposer Device to a device page and this happens:

https://youtu.be/FLoYIpR371E

The whole mapping thing is a complete mess on the SL MK3, none of any renamed parameter is displayed on its screens. Always the original parameters names of any device are shown up. I really hope this will be fixed some day. :-(

- deleted -
Last edited by dot.solenoid on Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FergusL wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:30 am
moss wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:24 am Make sure you have a Bitwig drum device on the track, the track is selected and you have a MIDI clip on the track which also needs to be selected.
Can you double check the way you setup bws to get to this?

I think there must be an issue that prevents Select knob as well as left buttons/green leds to work.
At least until you somehow "force" the selection, here are the extra steps I found for getting it to work:
- press Perform twice
- select another track (first row)
- select your drum track again
- press Drum
You're back in sequencer mode, now the Select knob, leds and Solo buttons on the left should work
That works, selecting the drum track using the Akia fire is essential for the select button. I'm sure this is going to be fixed in future updates.

Hi I watched the video. But I dont see a demonstration of being able to change the pitch of the individual drum hits.

moss wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:39 pm
BitwigStarter599 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:18 pm
moss wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:11 pm
BitwigStarter599 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:04 pm Installation:
Downloaded DrivenByMoss 8.98 and extracted zip file on my windows 7 Pro computer.
Copied bwextension file to Bitwig 3.1.3 installation in Users/Documents/Bitwig Studio/extensions.
Started Bitwig 3.1.3, went to Settings Controllers. There I found the additional Generic Flexi, a super extension. But this was the only one extra to be found. No other controllers listed and no Midi Monitor which I am very interested in. The add Controller function as well did not list any additional content.
Where is the fault in my installation? Any hint?
Thanks.
You are aware that you can/need to change the "Hardware Vendor" with the drop down list?
If yes, I can only imagine that the file is somehow damaged or there might be an issue with Windows 7.
Hi Moss,
thanks for the above advice. It helped a lot. But now I encounter another problem: The midi monitor continuously reports and lists events of the kind FE 254 0 0 0 , last number 15, commented as 'active sense'. This prevents me from watching single events as the display continuously scrolls up. Is there a chance to stop the scrolling for a while or to keep away event FE 254 from being displayed? Otherwise I will not be able to recognize the 'wanted' events from the recpective keys or other controls.
Thanks, Herbert.
Oh, you mean the MIDI monitor of Generic Flexi?
Thanks Moss,
after restart of computer system I found Generic Flexi switched off in my test project and midi monitor worked perfect after starting display. I am not sure whether Generic Flexi was active the last time I tried, but I can remember to have tested it. So what, problem is solved and I know where to look at when it should come again.

melodyz wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:30 pm Hi I watched the video. But I dont see a demonstration of being able to change the pitch of the individual drum hits.
Just noticed that it is missing in the manual. Here we go:

To edit a note, press the pad with the note (and keep it pressed) and then turn the knobs:

* **Volume knob**: Changes the gain of the note
* **Pan knob**: Changes the panorama of the note
* **Filter knob**: Changes the duration of the note
* **Resonance knob**: Changes the velocity of the note
* **Select knob**: Changes the pitch of the note

Hi,
Bitwig and Script is newest Version. System is Win10

My APCmini does not work. Actually it stucks in the shift Page if i want to select the Drum sequencer.
Yesterday the Srum sequenzer behaves strangly. Could not set steps, setting bar length does not work.
It works very strange. Not like you shoewed in the Video.
If i press Shift the right round Buttons do not lit.
Any Idea.
Thanks.

Return to “Controller Scripting”