RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

I don't know how well this will translate, but

chinny reckon

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:05 pm I'm REALLY struggling to see the issue here.

You know, via this thread, there is an update. You can decide to install it or not. If so, take literally 20 seconds to open the plugin manager, click the update button and get on with whatever non-music activity you had previously planned during that moment browsing / bitching on KvR. Then come back whenever that's done (20 mins, an hour, a day, whatever) and turn the computer off.
FTFY ;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:30 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:32 am Kudos to Arturia on the nice update! The custom resource path, faster updates, and faster load times are all very appreciated here.
Is the custom resource path implemented for all the instruments, including Analog Lab?
Looks like all the V-Collection instruments (including Analog Lab) but also the Preamps, Compressors, FX, and Pigments.

Where the image resources always .png files? Like looking at the CZ-V bitmap folder, it's 138MB in total now for all GUI sizes combined. I'm pretty sure prior versions were several hundred MB's.

Thank you. I think that the image files in "bitmap" were .pngs previously too.

Now, how about the (mis-) use of loads of entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs to monitor the preset files for use in more than one Arturia product?
Inspired by ...

The update for me took quite a lot of clicking and time, as I didn't realize there was a "silent install" option in preferences. :dog:

The new convolution engine in Solina V didn't fix the stuttering/popping problem it has always had for me.

Browsing presets seems a little faster, but is still slower than in most plugins, maybe aside from Massive X, which is quite slow. I've actually found that the presets for the Arturia synths are much quicker to browse in Komplete Kontrol, as there, they have short audio previews that instantly load.

JO512 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:17 pm The update for me took quite a lot of clicking and time, as I didn't realize there was a "silent install" option in preferences. :dog:
I wonder if this is what Harry_HH thinks he has to do, hence the bizarre admin/music making quotient requirement.

It took one click and I carried on using my DAW and making music while it installed updated.

Quotient of zero bitches.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:35 pm
JO512 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:17 pm The update for me took quite a lot of clicking and time, as I didn't realize there was a "silent install" option in preferences. :dog:
I wonder if this is what Harry_HH thinks he has to do, hence the bizarre admin/music making quotient requirement.

It took one click and I carried on using my DAW and making music while it installed updated.

Quotient of zero bitches.
Yeah...open the app, click; install all, install pigments, install OB-xa V and resume music making. . . . . . . . . .i don't see a problem.

Nice update. Don't need the vst3 versions (as of yet), so a smooth and fast install with some really nice improvements :tu:

FWIW, it's apparently the VST3 versions that have got the benefits and not VST2. Unless something is really stopping you to make the change, I would suggest to use VST3 for all Arturia plugins. They seem to be quite stable. :tu:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:54 am FWIW, it's apparently the VST3 versions that have got the benefits and not VST2. Unless something is really stopping you to make the change, I would suggest to use VST3 for all Arturia plugins. They seem to be quite stable. :tu:
Really? Do you have a link that confirms that? VST3 plug-ins are not well-supported in all DAWs.
Inspired by ...

Oh come on, even Ableton Live supports VST3 now ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

DarkStar wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:46 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:54 am FWIW, it's apparently the VST3 versions that have got the benefits and not VST2. Unless something is really stopping you to make the change, I would suggest to use VST3 for all Arturia plugins. They seem to be quite stable. :tu:
Really? Do you have a link that confirms that? VST3 plug-ins are not well-supported in all DAWs.
ASC mentions it. The difference between VST2 and VST3 preset loading time might not be significant though. To be honest, I just use VST3 because it is a newer standard and most VST3 plugins if not all work well with FL Studio. So, I don't see any reason to use VST2 when VST3 is available. That said, I do understand your point about VST3 plugins not being "well-supported" in terms of what they can do. :tu:

From the revision history of Analog Lab 4 for example:
V 4.2.0

Improvements:

Faster preset loading time, especially in AU, VST3 and AAX

Interface loading is now faster

Animations are now smoother

Animations CPU consumption is now reduced

New convolution reverb engine

VST3 presets now supported

A pop-up is now shown when instruments vst/au/aax and system files are mismatching

Thank you - I must admit that I read that as "Preset loading times are OK for VST2, but we have improved it for the other formats". :)
Inspired by ...

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:22 pm
Thank you, Kevin. I have sent an email with a few other observations including this to the technical support (Request #637881). These are really important for me, so if you have access to the requests, kindly have a look at my request too.

If I can be of any help, please feel free to PM me.
Thank you for that. We will investigate this in the upcoming days and will contact you if we need some details.

Kevin

I really like that the GUIs are opening faster now and also loading a host/DAW project with Arturia plugins is faster now.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

If you wanted to see a guy play OB-Xa v (and a bit of Piano V2) through a grand piano with built-in MIDI, monitor and speakers, then this is the video for you. And fair warning, it is Van Halen's Jump – just because that track had not been discussed enough recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ttW9C7PVFE

Return to “Instruments”