Fxpansion Strobe 2 is available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Strobe (DCAM: Synth Squad) Strobe2

ScottZ wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:35 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:14 am
Angus_FX wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:47 am @mjudge55 @scottZ Right - I have your email addresses, I'll send you a link to v2.5.1.2. See how you get on with that one.

@Examigan Yes.
Hi Angus, thanks for the installer.

Quick observation: Installed v2.5.1.2. Standalone version crashes on opening. Windows 10 here. This did not happen with the version available on website.

Anyone else observed this?
Just tested the standalone and works fine for me, windows 10 as well.
Thanks for the quick confirmation. I am doubting something related to audio driver is causing it to shut down abruptly, because for a strange reason it is opening ASIO driver icons in the taskbar when I launch it. I had set my audio driver as Komplete Audio 6 when I installed the previous version.

Will try uninstalling and then doing a clean installation. Since it is working for you, it should work for me too.

@LoveEnigma18 are you on an AMD Ryzen processor too, or something else?
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:46 pm @LoveEnigma18 are you on an AMD Ryzen processor too, or something else?
No, I am on Intel Core-i7 7700 and Windows 10. Glad to inform that the problem got solved.

Apparently, the new version did not replace the existing installation, which was the reason it was crashing. I could see two Strobe 2 installations in Installed Programs. So, I just removed both of them and did a clean install of the latest version. Now it is working great - love the little GUI enhancements too.

Why is the latest version not on the website for demo? Also, is the development of Strobe 2 still going on? Just asking to ensure that I check for latest updates regularly. Updates will be available through Authorization Manager, right?

Thanks.

I finally activated Strobe2 today. Will play with it tomorrow. :party: :)

just finishing this by letting everyone know my hard copy came today. it was three days late, but it showed.

I am having fun with Strobe2. It is much powerful than it looks to be and sounds amazing.

Any way to get the dark skin/theme used in Strobe 2 older version? The new one is good, but I like the black tone of the older theme.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not directly - if you're handy with XML, it's quite possible to make your own. Can give you some pointers if that's of interest.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:16 am Not directly - if you're handy with XML, it's quite possible to make your own. Can give you some pointers if that's of interest.
That sounds interesting. I have tweaked XML files long ago, so could give it a try. Thanks in advance! :)

These two videos are excellent and a must-watch, probably after watching FXpansion Strobe2 videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qBFRJmGS8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEQmoQJXk80

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:57 am
Angus_FX wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:16 am Not directly - if you're handy with XML, it's quite possible to make your own. Can give you some pointers if that's of interest.
That sounds interesting. I have tweaked XML files long ago, so could give it a try. Thanks in advance! :)
I found it.

Just changed the RGB colours in the following line of the file DefaultStyles.skin_defs found in C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\Strobe2\Resources by opening it in Notepad.

New colours:

Code: Select all

<VColour name="baseGrey" colour="[r:10 g:15 b:19 a:255]" />
Result: Beautiful dark theme! :tu:

Strobe2 new skin colour.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you... I too definitely prefer this.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Angus_FX wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:47 am @mjudge55 @scottZ Right - I have your email addresses, I'll send you a link to v2.5.1.2. See how you get on with that one.

@Examigan Yes.
not the right topic, i bought the cypher 2 as upgrade (roli). great, great synth, sounddesigners heaven plugin (i have more, but this one fits well, different sound, great sound).
2.5.1.2 i have, fixes that the transmod problem? the release notes are somewhat cryptic.

strobe 2 is also in focus, but i wait, one synth (o well bought waldorf largo too), is enough for one or two months.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:15 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:57 am
I found it.

Just changed the RGB colours in the following line of the file DefaultStyles.skin_defs found in C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\Strobe2\Resources by opening it in Notepad.

New colours:

Code: Select all

<VColour name="baseGrey" colour="[r:10 g:15 b:19 a:255]" />

Result: Beautiful dark theme! :tu:

Strobe2 new skin colour.PNG

Took your idea two mini steps further.

1) I left the original as they are and made a copy of it, and did your edit and saved it under a different name, DefaultStyles_rsp.skin_defs in my case. There is also a file DefaultStyles.skin, made a copy of it and named that copy DefaultStyles_rsp.skin.

2) I then did the same to Cypher.

What that means is of course I can easily switch between the Default Theme in the pop down theme menu and rsp, but most importantly at the next update I will most likely still have the rsp file whilst the default would probably be overwritten by the installer.
Thanks again.
Hope that makes sense.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:28 pm
Genius! Thanks a lot. :tu: In fact, I wanted to do the same and tried it too, but it did not show up on first attempt. But after seeing a pleasant dark skin, I was content. I was also sleepy. :)

I will try out your suggestions today evening. Did you do anything specific for the 3rd option to appear in the list?
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

double post

Return to “Instruments”