Monastery Grand

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just to know, when talking about it to others.

Cheers.
Last edited by mevla on Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mevla wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:38 pm Just to know, when talking about it to others.

Cheers.
just received an e-mail about the monastery grand, says all versions.
you can also try it...

From today's "MonasteryGrand – Get FREE sampled stage piano " email:
How to run it?
To use MonasteryGrand you need any version of MSoundFactory modular virtual instrument platform installed.

MSoundFactory (€299/intro price €199),MSoundFactoryLE (€199/€99), or the free MSoundFactoryPlayer, which you get by installing MSoundFactory (as the) 15-days fully working trial version end letting it expire.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yes, yes, yes, I rushed to the download w/o reading it all ! :)

Cheers.

Really great sounding. The creative mode with its presets are awesome for FXs and such.

Also quite low on the CPU.

What a great introduction to the MSF capabilities.

Questions:

Once installed, can the original .mproduct file be stored away ?

Is it possible to switch between harmonies from the DAW ? What Bitwig is currently exposing as a control is only the level of a selected harmony, not switching between them.

Woo. downloading

Uh, how do I delete this post?

Thanks.

checking this out! Maybe change 'mikes' to mics for an update. Unless that genuinely switches between different people called Mike...

Well, they were short of mic stands, and it so happens that the three guys holding the most important mics were named Michal.

wilx wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:57 am checking this out! Maybe change 'mikes' to mics for an update. Unless that genuinely switches between different people called Mike...
:hihi:

My sustain pedal doesn't work with Monastery Grand, any ideas why? Works fine for other piano plugins I have. Edit: Looks like it's related to my DAW. Doesn't work in Tracktion 6 but does in Waveform.

The piano is a W. Hoffmann, which is made by C. Bechstein. Apparently more affordable than a Bechstein. Seems to have a very wide dynamic range and I haven't noticed any notes that are terribly out of adjustment, which is the thing I hate about many sampled pianos. Will have to play around with it more.
Last edited by Nochops on Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

My sustain pedal works, but that's it - there is no support for half-pedaling, re-pedaling, no sustenuto, no soft pedal.
Pretty much useless for playing.

The sound is not bad though, but reverb tweaking is a must.
If folks from Melda add real pedal support, this might become a library to consider, even as commercial offering.

Any tips please on how to get this to work without stuttering/dropouts on a slightly older laptop? The CPU benchmark seems to say I could run 11 instances at once, but even one is struggling. I've tried the obvious tweaks of sample rate and polyphony to no great benefit. Many thanks.

VladK wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:33 pm My sustain pedal works, but that's it - there is no support for half-pedaling, re-pedaling, no sustenuto, no soft pedal.
Pretty much useless for playing.
It's free. I think none of my pianos offers much in that regard. But I "play" the piano in my MIDI roll so it doesn't matter :)

Masi

Return to “MeldaProduction”