Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:51 am I'm guessing Plugin Alliance are in financial trouble. The sales this year have been uncharacteristically frequent compared to historical activity. Seems like they're desperately trying to maintain turnover. They wouldn't need to increase sales if people were buying. Looks like they realise their only recourse is to hope large numbers of deeply discounted sales will keep them afloat
Hmmm...
But Waves is also making sales and that for a long time now.
And I don't even mean the recent CREATIVE40 / CREATE40 / SAVE40.
They're doing so called "sales" for years now and that's their business practice.
Plugin Alliance is doing nothing else in my opinion.
You can make more money with cheap plugins selling to thousands of people than very expensive plugins to a few.
In case a company has very unique software like Gulfoss, Soothe etc. perhaps they are the very exception...
Only my opinion... :phones:

I think it is all competition driven, and the competition is intense.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:02 am I think it is all competition driven, and the competition is intense.
+1

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:51 am I'm guessing Plugin Alliance are in financial trouble. The sales this year have been uncharacteristically frequent compared to historical activity. Seems like they're desperately trying to maintain turnover. They wouldn't need to increase sales if people were buying. Looks like they realise their only recourse is to hope large numbers of deeply discounted sales will keep them afloat
i think a lot of sales happening by others as well who may be in same boat. I keep seeing sales and heavy discounts from IKM ever single week.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Don't think so. They recently bought the PPG product line. They invest into the AMEK product brand. They bring in new brands on and on (Waiting for the Knifonium).
They're simply quite aggressive in gaining market share.
The plugin market will see only a few big players in the future and PA wants to be one of them.

I just love this quaint little idea that you should only stick to buying the plugins you need hahaha that's a good one

Even more saturated markets is the key challenge for the developers.

You either have to be a market leader (such as the Fabfilter), very innovative products (e.g. Sugarbytes), high-end (e.g. X )or low-cost, one man boutique company (e.g. Valhalla).

Otherwise you compete with the price.

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Holy shit I downloaded a few of the Neural DSP amps to try them out while the sale's still on and wasn't expecting much, but ended up buying both Nolly and Abasi within about 5 minutes of demoing them. Just the clean sounds alone are to die for.
And so little CPU used compared to, my usual go-to, Helix Native. Can stack a load of them and make epic walls of guitar. Lovely stuff. I demoed Plini too and it sounded fantastic, but not in the sale for some reason. I'll keep waiting until it is in a sale, these aren't cheap and they stick VAT on top.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I must have missed that. Is there a coupon code for Neural DSP?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Usually browsing this thread is bad for my wallet, but today I snatched up a free chorus pedal sim (from the voucher pushing company).
Thanks guys :)

Aloysius wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:04 pm I must have missed that. Is there a coupon code for Neural DSP?
LASTCHANCE50
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

They may be more frequent this year possibly because of what is going in the world economy. But Plugin Alliance are no stranger to frequent sales, in fact they have been more prolific at introducing new sales in the past few years than Waves. Waves seems to have settled at $29.99 price point, whereas PA are willing to sell plugins for below 5 bucks, I don't even think they have a minimum price point.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Harry_HH wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:32 pm Even more saturated markets is the key challenge for the developers.

You either have to be a market leader (such as the Fabfilter), very innovative products (e.g. Sugarbytes), high-end (e.g. X )or low-cost, one man boutique company (e.g. Valhalla).

Otherwise you compete with the price.
Waves, Izotope and PA are high-end plugins - probably the best of the best in certain effect categories. But they still compete on price.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Dirtgrain wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:08 pm
Aloysius wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:04 pm I must have missed that. Is there a coupon code for Neural DSP?
LASTCHANCE50
Thank you. :) :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”