Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks. I should also add that the timescales between 0.10 releases should not be reflective of the wait for 0.11. 0.10.3 involved losing a month or so to Apple's latest, sorry, previous development-hassle (ie, notarisation), and then a couple more to needing to update some libraries I was using.

But I've got about 100-ish generative and processing units in various states of development and/or planning, and I think that's a decent amount for 0.11.0. On top of that, there are the macros behind the complete units, which can be lifted and used in your own patches, or for teaching purposes. 0.11 will also see proper documentation, reference guides, and tutorials.

There's also a few UI changes in 0.11, mainly to do with making it easier to work with big patches and moving between graphs and subgraphs, locating certain sequencers, that sort of thing.

And finally, the ability to have multiple subgraphs, and run these subgraphs between other plug-ins. So you can have Architect sequencer > Cthulhu > Architect filter > some-third party plug-in > Architect transposer, for example.

And I think that just about sums up the headline changes in 0.11, which will be the last beta branch before version 1.0.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Well, I'd still prefer several smaller updates with a dozen examples each than a massive update with 100.
But hey, that's just me ;-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:51 pm Well, I'd still prefer several smaller updates with a dozen examples each than a massive update with 100.
But hey, that's just me ;-)
Agreed ! That still sounds like a few months work. Just a few presets to look at in the meantime would be fantastic.

OK, that sounds like a reasonable approach to me.

I'll split my modules into smaller groups, focus on a core selection for the first 0.11, and then push the rest out in groups at, say, 1 or 2 week intervals. The user library can be updated without updating Architect, as I can distribute it as a zip of .frag files, so you won't need to go through the full hassle of downloads and reinstalls just to get more examples.

Plus this does give me a chance to react to what people want more/less of, or for people to suggest gaps in module coverage.

Thanks for the feedback!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks Colin ! :)

Awesome Colin!
Should be more fun for you as well :-)

Thanks for listening!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

colin@loomer wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:02 pm OK, that sounds like a reasonable approach to me.

I'll split my modules into smaller groups, focus on a core selection for the first 0.11, and then push the rest out in groups at, say, 1 or 2 week intervals. The user library can be updated without updating Architect, as I can distribute it as a zip of .frag files, so you won't need to go through the full hassle of downloads and reinstalls just to get more examples.

Plus this does give me a chance to react to what people want more/less of, or for people to suggest gaps in module coverage.

Thanks for the feedback!
Good plan!! My (MIDI) mouth is watering:)

Almost all fixed bugs have been reported by me :lol:
Am I the only testdriver here ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

lnikj wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:22 pm Please do some presets now Colin. I bought this a year and a half ago (caveat emptor!) to support the cause and I haven't used it at all because I really don't have the foggiest what I am doing ;)
Just use the already incredible sequencers and learn about their input/output sockets and start jamming :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

You are the bug-finder general!

FYI there do appear to be some issues with plug-ins with 0.10.4, so I would suggest holding off on downloading until I get them fixed. I'll look to get a fix out today, if at all possible.

Architect beta 0.10.5 is now available to download for macOS, Windows, Linux 32-bit and Linux 64-bit.

This fix some regressions that were included in 0.10.4:

PLUGINS
- Fix crash that could occur when adding certain plug-ins.
- Fix crash that could occur when trying to add a plug-in that previously existed, but has either moved or been deleted.
- Fix deadlock when out-of-process plug-in scanner is halted by certain plug-ins locking up during scan.

MIXER
- Fix upgrade problem in 0.10.4 where tracks that output directly to the Master channel was neither load nor save this connection correctly. Any projects saved in 0.10.4 will need to manually have such tracks update in 0.10.5. Projects saved in 0.10.3 or below are not affected, and will load as expected in 0.10.5.

Sorry about having to do two updates in as many days. I'm really hoping that there won't be a 0.10.6 tomorrow, but, if there are reproducible critical bugs, I will aim get them fixed immediately.

As usual with software, if you don't want to deal with new bugs, the sensible option is sometimes to hold off from updating for a few days until the smoke has cleared. And I always keep the previous betas uploaded if you choose to downgrade to your previous stable build.

thanks for this wonderful tool! very excited for 0.11.

Return to “Loomer”