vurt-pandemix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interesting and intriguing composition, I get lost pretty quickly when trying to follow along with what you're doing by ear. A quick tools used explanation would be of interest to me.

Anyway, while this likely wont make a lot of sense, I was talking to the guy who invented synthetic insulin yesterday, and harping on him to get back to work and cure this shit.

Your composition does a good job of summing up what he said about it...

A pretty impressive effort, in my estimation good sir :tu:

-Cheers

Shit, this is nuts and I mean that in a great way! Some of the high pitched squelches were too loud early on but they were tamed later. I love the drone mixed with the under water/rebirth atmosphere mixed with War of the Worlds (1953).

Insane. I seriously like this one very much.

Disappointed, couldnt hear a single panda.

(actually just marking this to listen to later)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Vurt, when you record these... are you recording just a single stereo output of a performance or are you recording on multiple outputs/inputs?

elxsound wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:15 pm Vurt, when you record these... are you recording just a single stereo output of a performance or are you recording on multiple outputs/inputs?
straight to a stereo looper, this is a 30 min performance with the looper doing 3 passes :)

ill address the others on the pc, for quotings :D

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:21 pm
elxsound wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:15 pm Vurt, when you record these... are you recording just a single stereo output of a performance or are you recording on multiple outputs/inputs?
straight to a stereo looper, this is a 30 min performance with the looper doing 3 passes :)

ill address the others on the pc, for quotings :D
So this is just an excerpt (11 minutes) from the 30 min performance... I had to check the duration because I listened to the whole thing yesterday and it didn't feel like 30 minutes. I'm on an unwanted insomnia binge so I was worried that my reality is already slipping.

Not yet! Not yet.

no, its the full 30 mins, but the recorder overdubbed after the first pass.
just the single stereo layer, was a little sparse and goes from extreme left to right, with nothing left behind.
so the extra passes filled it out.

imagine a 11 min cassette that is overdubbed twice.

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:05 pm Disappointed, couldnt hear a single panda.
you try training the little buggers to tweak and fiddle.
i should have stuck with the giant ones, not running off to have sex all the time so easier to train.

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:33 pm no, its the full 30 mins, but the recorder overdubbed after the first pass.
just the single stereo layer, was a little sparse and goes from extreme left to right, with nothing left behind.

So that's how it got so lush.

I've got to wait to move out the city before I can go modular but this one really makes me wish I could just start to jump in now. Space is an issue, which is why I'm looking at pedals and small synths.

Good thing Justin3am is not posting his performances too or else I'd probably find a way to make everything fit. HZ has bookshelves full of of them (a f**king library of modular) so maybe I could convert a bookcase slowly too.

When I right clicked and opened this in a new tab (didn't read any of the thread prior) I was going to guess 17 minutes for the track. I was off by quite a bit in either direction whether 11 or 30.

Anyway, some awesome sounds on this, albeit an overdubbed track so probably no way to duplicate this, not that any of your stuff is easy to duplicate, I imagine.

One day, if I become stupidly wealthy, I'm going to ask you to spec out your whole setup for me and I'm going to duplicate it right down to the module.

pekbro wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:22 am Interesting and intriguing composition, I get lost pretty quickly when trying to follow along with what you're doing by ear. A quick tools used explanation would be of interest to me.
its nice you think i know whats going on :hihi:
lets see if i can break it down...

plaits
modulation on morph and timbre. seq to pitch.
out put one :lyra delay: (modulation on feedback) to xfader.

square wave (pitch by sample and hold) to vca mixer
cloud generator saw (seq to picth) to wasp filter(cut off modulated by lfo) to vca mixer.
mixer single out to sem filter, modulated by lfo, to erbe verb with size modulated by lfo
to second xfader in put.

cross fader to panner, to out put to two mixer channels.

second plaits out to polivoks filter, cut off modulated by lfo, to supercell.
out to two mixer channels.

smoke, then have a noodle.

the cross fader panner and square wave, plus the wasp filter and sem and the vca mixer are all doepfer.
Anyway, while this likely wont make a lot of sense, I was talking to the guy who invented synthetic insulin yesterday, and harping on him to get back to work and cure this shit.

you know a lot of interesting people :o 8)
Your composition does a good job of summing up what he said about it...
so we're doomed! :o
A pretty impressive effort, in my estimation good sir :tu:

-Cheers

thanks for listening :)

elxsound wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:24 am Shit, this is nuts and I mean that in a great way! Some of the high pitched squelches were too loud early on but they were tamed later. I love the drone mixed with the under water/rebirth atmosphere mixed with War of the Worlds (1953).

Insane. I seriously like this one very much.
:D

elxsound wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:00 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:33 pm no, its the full 30 mins, but the recorder overdubbed after the first pass.

So that's how it got so lush.
thats also the layers of reverb and delays :hihi:
(see patch notes above)
I've got to wait to move out the city before I can go modular but this one really makes me wish I could just start to jump in now. Space is an issue, which is why I'm looking at pedals and small synths.
im lucky with space, before i got divorced my studio room was tiny, i could stand in the centre with my arms out at touch the opposite walls.
then after years of battling the guvmnt, for disability benefits i was entitled to, ended up with a lump sum of cash, but the rules state you can only have so much in savings before they stop your money, so boom! instant need to lose a few grand :hihi:
Good thing Justin3am is not posting his performances too or else I'd probably find a way to make everything fit. HZ has bookshelves full of of them (a f**king library of modular) so maybe I could convert a bookcase slowly too.
rumour had it, many years ago, bugbrand went in to modular.
he wanted to test the waters with a short list of i think 12 names.
a certain hz was missed off that list.
a certain mr vurt wasnt :o
i dont know if its true, but ths what i was told.

well, its true i was on the list, because i also have the bug modular here :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”