27? Anyone else notice this?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When that was the case, it was still the best plug-in deal ever, but even if you subtract the ones that aren't technically FX, like MNotepad and MAnalyzer, my favorite plug-in bundle has been incorrectly advertised for weeks!

(for legal pedants: not falsely, because there are 27 plug-ins in the bundle, but incorrectly, because there are also 10 more!)

Yes there are 37 plugins in the MFreeFXBundle. I think it's just a typo.
The volume an quality of this free bundle is really insane.

Wow, £45 now for the FreeFXBundle. Getting kinda pricey.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

There is a 50% discount sale for the bundles at least twice a year.
But all the plugins work perfectly in the free version.

pricey for 37 plugins? i think most people buy melda in sale... MFreeFXBundle can be bought indeed for 50%, discount, more than twice a year..

EDIT: the typo disappeared. the website was on several products somewhat out of date.

WasteLand wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:41 pm pricey for 37 plugins? i think most people buy melda in sale...
pricey for "free" :lol:

DPhil wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:50 pm
WasteLand wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:41 pm pricey for 37 plugins? i think most people buy melda in sale...
Exactly. There's a mental 'collision alert' between 'hey this is a bunch of plugins for free' and 'hey, this is a bunch of feature-reduced versions for free and its going to cost £45 to unlock the rest of the features'.
When it was £30, not so much, even though it was a lot fewer plugins.

Doesnt matter how many plugins it is, there comes a point at which that 'conversion fee' starts to look a bit much to unlock 'free'.

Thing is, if they weren't called 'free' it probably wouldn't be as much of a thing. But psychologically, at £45, I think its definitely getting there.

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:21 pm
DPhil wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:50 pm
Exactly. There's a mental 'collision alert' between 'hey this is a bunch of plugins for free' and 'hey, this is a bunch of feature-reduced versions for free and its going to cost £45 to unlock the rest of the features'.
When it was £30, not so much, even though it was a lot fewer plugins.

Doesnt matter how many plugins it is, there comes a point at which that 'conversion fee' starts to look a bit much to unlock 'free'.

Thing is, if they weren't called 'free' it probably wouldn't be as much of a thing. But psychologically, at £45, I think its definitely getting there.
The plugins are not "feature reduced" in the free version. Every single plugin does
what it says on the box without any restrictions. So why shouldn't Melda call their 37
fully working Plugins, which they give away for free, the MFreeFXBundle?

AGIGA wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:44 pmThe plugins are not "feature reduced" in the free version.
If they are not feature reduced, why can you unlock features then? :drunk: paradox :?:

:-o Yeah, it's a paradox...it's a mad world out there...full of contradictions..

When you pay for the free bundle, the little red banner at the bottom of the screen disappears, and the plugins become resizable. So the functionality stays the same. The real difference is aesthetics, and maybe improved ease of use when you can resize the gui.

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:04 pm Wow, £45 now for the FreeFXBundle. Getting kinda pricey.
It has annoyed and confused many people in the past that the free bundles comes with a price.

Probably it would help if Melda would rename the non-free version. Unfortunately I can offer no good name right now. The "problem" is that the free version is really free without any strings attached.

Masi

masitito wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:07 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:04 pm Wow, £45 now for the FreeFXBundle. Getting kinda pricey.
It has annoyed and confused many people in the past that the free bundles comes with a price.

Probably it would help if Melda would rename the non-free version. Unfortunately I can offer no good name right now. The "problem" is that the free version is really free without any strings attached.

Masi
I think this would just open another can of worms..something like: "What a scam, Melda tries to trick
people into buying their "MBasicBundle" (my suggestion for a name :wink:) for 49€ which is just the same as the free bundle.."

sirmonkey wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:22 am When you pay for the free bundle, the little red banner at the bottom of the screen disappears, and the plugins become resizable. So the functionality stays the same. The real difference is aesthetics, and maybe improved ease of use when you can resize the gui.
The paid-for upgrade gives you more than that:
You can change size and style of the plugins.
You can access the sonogram feature in the analyzers and equalizers.
You can manipulate (save, load, organise) your own presets.
You can access the modulators.
Most plugins can perform upsampling which minimizes aliasing, therefore it is useful to improve sound quality.
The plugins will not display the big red reminder box with our clickable logo at the bottom of every GUI.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

AGIGA wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:44 pm The plugins are not "feature reduced" in the free version.
Yes they are. Features which are active in every other Melda plugin are disabled until you pay for them.

Notice that one of those features is saving and loading your own presets, which is about as fundamental a feature as it gets. For every other developer under the sun, that feature reduction puts you in 'demo' territory.

Return to “MeldaProduction”