Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

I actually could imagine that the current sale could be a pointer to a version 2 with a paid update, resizeable etc. ...

Cheers,

Tom
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I highly doubt it. Largo is stil the "old" Waldorf tech. I would rather think that Waldorf would build on the Nave/Quantum tech if they develop a new soft synth. I would still be happily proved wrong though, of course. :)

So you rather assume it's an end-of-life sale? That would be sad...
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

No. Where did you get that from now?

his ass?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Gotta be. :hihi:

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:58 pm I actually could imagine that the current sale could be a pointer to a version 2 with a paid update, resizeable etc. ...

Cheers,

Tom
That´s what I´d do if I was them!

Maybe corona hit their sales so bad that they decided to make some income from their software :shrug:

If anything then their sales should have improved. With all those guys and girls being able to spend more time home in home office/studio. Yes, I know, they're all poor churchmice now who can't afford anything anymore. :roll:

I hope they use the money to squash some long-standing Mac-related bugs!

At $29 it's well worth it. It's really straightforward in UI even if it needs an update, sounds good, fills a niche my synth collection, like a better sounding Hybrid 3.

If you think the the patch browser is bad here wait till you try PPG Wave V3. The factory presets don't even have names they're just numbers.
Last edited by v1o on Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:52 am If you think the the patch browser is bad here wait till you try PPG Wave V3. The factory pages don't even have names they're just numbers.

Largo also crashes way less for mac users than PPG wave too :hihi:
:borg:

I just got Largo on the deal. Not cutting edge today but I really like the filters and fm. Inspired me to start checking out Blofeld and looking for a deal.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:51 pm .....Surely there is a temptation, but, frankly, if you're so weak that you can't resist it, then you have noone but yourself to blame. Typical urbanized first world stuff, I would say.
I think there's plenty of blame to go around. Much more so than in the pre-internet days.

All you have to do is take a look at forums like this one. :D
Last edited by felis on Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”