ChordPotion 2.0 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a clever way to make it simulate guitar strumming, say on an acoustic guitar? If there is it must be tricky because of down and up strokes.
Ilk

I. Lehti wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:42 am Is there a clever way to make it simulate guitar strumming, say on an acoustic guitar? If there is it must be tricky because of down and up strokes.
Please take a look at this free package:
https://feelyoursound.com/packages/golden-guitar/

It contains presets for guitar simulations. You can take the presets as a base for your own work.

Apart from that, you can also make your own presets from scratch:
When you click on the "Edit" button in the Chords row, you can create own strumming patterns. There is an own strumming fader for each step. And it supports both down and up strokes :).
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

Very cool, thank you Hauke.
Ilk

Hey folks, I just bought ChordPotion 2.0 running in Bitwig.

May I ask a question regarding one instance of CP to midi out to 2 synths? Say "chord" set as channel 1 and MIDI out to synth A where "melody" set as channel 2 and midi out to synth B ? Just one single instance. If you know how to do it in Bitwig, kindly let me know.

Cheers!
Cowby

You have two possibilties in Bitwig:
1. Use a multi-timbral VST after ChordPotion like Kontakt, Falcon etc... and load two sounds on Micdi Channel 1 and 2.
2. Create for every Channel an instrumet track an load before the synth a midi note receiver (pointed to ChordPotion) and after that a midi filter and let only the channel thru for the synth.

cowby wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:17 am Hey folks, I just bought ChordPotion 2.0 running in Bitwig.

May I ask a question regarding one instance of CP to midi out to 2 synths? Say "chord" set as channel 1 and MIDI out to synth A where "melody" set as channel 2 and midi out to synth B ? Just one single instance. If you know how to do it in Bitwig, kindly let me know.

Cheers!
Cowby
nbyte's answer is right. I wrote a small step by step guide here: https://feelyoursound.com/multi-channel ... up/#bitwig
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

thanks nbyte and hauke. It's working now.

Kinh wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:20 am it's software like this that makes music creation a joke! The process is becoming more like playing a video game. Any tom dick or harry of any age can produce. People like me and others who are trained devote years to their craft and then along comes something like this requiring no theory, no knowledge, just press a button and away you go.
I'm old and I invested two years to learn Music Theory and Harmony and I also wrote a own book about that, because 90% of this stuff is not necessary to make good music. Nevertheless I'm using such plugins and like them, because they are inspiring!

I'm testing ChordPotion 2.0 at the moment and because the manual has no pictures, I don't find the "MIDI Out" button to export MIDI files? :D

EDIT:
Found it, it only appears if you stop the DAW, it replaces the "recording view"! :D

But I can't export it, while in the "Demo Limits" is written "only a few MIDI exports per session" and this was my first MIDI export test! I don't buy, before I see, how the MIDI export data works! :D

EDIT:
I started from scratch and it seems the demo doesn't allow you to start and stop the DAW too often. So, you have to export fast in the demo version!

Now MIDI export works good! :tu:

Nice is, if you stop your DAW, the random notes are sounding again and again .. :D

Is this whole thing such a "find the secrets by yourself" plugin? :D

Weil finally, I buy it! :D

BUT PLEASE!

Rework the preset browser, it's horrible in the full version!

Hey everybody,

this is just a little reminder that the ChordPotion 2 celebration deals will end soon (Thursday night, 2020/07/09).

You can buy ChordPotion 2 here:
https://feelyoursound.com/chordpotion/

Remember to use the discount code "Celebration" to get 10% off!

There are also bundle deals available. Purchase ChordPotion together with Sundog or MelodicFlow and save up to 20%.
More info here: https://feelyoursound.com/bundles-and-comparisons/

The celebration bundle deals will also disappear on Thursday night (2020/07/09).

Cheers,
Hauke of FeelYourSound

This plugin is really good! A friend of mine wished for a remix from a track he likes very much for his birthday and I analyzed the chords and that plugin here did the rest, really great! :tu: :D

I will buy CHORD POTION 2.0 next 15 or 16 this month. One question. I have SCALER 2 and seems ti be a great combination with CHORD POTION 2.

My music is not electronic, mostly strings, guitar, piano. I use synthetizers to bring some ambient or to add something original.

Having CHORD POTION 2.0 + SCALER 2 Don't you think I am quite very complete.

Do you think SUNDOG and/or MELODIC FLOW can do really more for me, as a STUDIO PRODUCER, I am not a LIVE PERFORMANCE (only I am with my voice and guitar)

I also have SPACE LIMITS in my MAC. I have 149 Gb free space (from 1TB) with LOGIC PRO 10, KOMPLETE ULTIMATE 10 NATIVE INSTRUMENTS. ALL WAVES. 8 AMPLE SOUND GUITARS. 8 ORANGE TREE GUITARS, lots of PLUG INS. Also PHOTOSHOP 6 and other applications, I mean, I am to tided in space

I am very interested into download your PACKAGES to help CHORD POTION 2.
I think they are quite light ... are they

Thanks

i like starting with Sundog Studio personally.
There's no distractions, just midi chords.
I think getting the ideas (verses and chorus etc) all solid in Sundog, THEN moving to a DAW, is the most likely way for me to end up with a solid foundation to the composition.
ChordPotion is like the icing on the cake. but Sundog helps to get chord progressions quickly.
Scaler looks great, but i don't think i need it, already owning Sundog, ChordPotion, Riffer, Phrasebox, Playbeat etc etc :P

MIDI is light. I have a macbook with a smallish SSD drive too.
MIDI is my friend :)

sqigls wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:57 am Scaler looks great, but i don't think i need it, already owning Sundog, ChordPotion, Riffer, Phrasebox, Playbeat etc etc :P

MIDI is light. I have a macbook with a smallish SSD drive too.
MIDI is my friend :)
In your case I would be also slow before choosing SCALER 2. But the case is that I have it but also want to have CHORD POTION 2 and I will, that is a decission already made. But, ... are you more in electronic music? I think the emphasis made in electronic music for Soundog amd Melodic Flow might be because FEELYOURSOUND wanted to target that market (just an opinion)

music is music to me, most things nowadays require electricity to operate.
i'm not being a smartass, i just see a wiiiiide line there, the whole 'electronic' thing, it's not a line i even think of drawing for myself.
I use mostly synthesisers, if that makes me 'electronic'.

Return to “Effects”