Sync to host in MUX

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Is it possible to sync the Modulation Generators to host? For example, inside MUX I inserted an Amplifier module and an LFO module and I want to modulate the Gain of the Amplifier with the LFO. Although I enabled the Tempo Sync in the LFO, the frequency of the LFO remains the same when I change the tempo in my DAW. So it doesn't sync with the tempo of the DAW.

I doublechecked this and tempo sync works fine here. Note however that it currently only takes the new DAW tempo upon note start so retriggering the note will use the newest tempo.

mutools wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:16 pm I doublechecked this and tempo sync works fine here. Note however that it currently only takes the new DAW tempo upon note start so retriggering the note will use the newest tempo.
I'm using MUX as an fx insert on an audio track so it doesn't get midi notes for retriggering.

KTlin wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:28 pm I'm using MUX as an fx insert on an audio track so it doesn't get midi notes for retriggering.
Audio effects can have MIDI, quite happily. Here's an example in Reaper with MUX "Basic Effect" on an audio track, receiving events from a MIDI track. The events will route to the insert FX:

Are you kidding me?? :lol:
You're suggesting to create a midi track and route it to MUX just so I can tempo-sync a bloody LFO to the host? :lol: This is preposterous! We're in 2020! Every single fx plugin that I know is able to sync to the host tempo without the need of a secondary midi track!

@KTlin So rude people are only trying to help :x

runaudio wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:12 pm @KTlin So rude people are only trying to help :x
My, my! The easily offended SJW army to the rescue! :clap:
And watch your punctuation! I don't think rude people are only trying to help. Get it? :wink:

Hey folks lets stay on topic.

On topic:
I understand KTlin's criticism.
MUX LFO's are tempo syncable but not really in the case he described.
I've added a note on the wishlist about it.

mutools wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:39 pm Hey folks lets stay on topic.

On topic:
I understand KTlin's criticism.
MUX LFO's are tempo syncable but not really in the case he described.
I've added a note on the wishlist about it.
Thank you! Happy to hear you added this on the wishlist! :D
Cheers!

Return to “MUTOOLS”