Reason Rack Plugin FREE with any purchase at Plugin Boutique during July

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:16 am
antic604 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:13 am Very popular opinion is that Reason Studios will eventually abandon Reason (the DAW) and will focus on their own - awesome, for the most part! - devices, likely also porting old instruments & FX to RE format, make the Rack Plugin free and sell their stuff + whatever 3rd parties' stuff that want to join; via their shop.

I don't think that is going to happen. They just recently put so much development time into reworking Reason's audio engine.

They very carefully move forward their entire eco-system. My impression is that hey have a very holistic approach.
That's my hope, too. They're currently working on a GPU-accelerated high-res GUI and few days ago they've received Apples ARM hardware devkit, so why would they if they were to drop it?

But I think Reason won't be their most important / flagship product anymore, like Macs aren't for Apple.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

WasteLand wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:41 am and now MPE for reason (rack plugin)...
Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:36 am
WasteLand wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:29 am with intro you get europa, thor, etc. it is €79, it was by the way ones in a sale for €49...
It was €39 in December (50% sale). At the time I didn't know how to get it running in Maschine and I also had doubts about which devices I would actually use instead of the VST plugins I already have, so I returned it.
o yes. yes the reason rack plugin is vst3 only. maschine will get vst3 support, but it is ages since last update of maschine (which i really like, was a way of working, that i used to have, but now with more possibilites, and non-destructive).

quite ironic, while reason 10/11 only support vst2...... like maschine... (all native instruments stuff is vst2)
I recently figured out how to do this. Metaplugin by DDMF ($49 here: https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst- ... x-wrapper/) is a VST2 plugin that loads VST3 plugins. Load Metaplugin in Maschine, load Reason VST in Metaplugin, and you are ready to go. I believe there are other "chainer" plugins that would probably serve the same function, but I believe Metaplugin may be the least expensive option.

bharris22 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:06 am I believe there are other "chainer" plugins that would probably serve the same function, but I believe Metaplugin may be the least expensive option.
I believe Kushview Element is. Very similar to Metaplugin. But half a year ago I didn't know about Element and other VST3 host plugins were too expensive imo.

BTW, it's really "spacey" to be able to load your VST2's in Reason. Really strange feeling after all these years where it was a closed ecosystem. :)

jens wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:00 am
Psuper wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:55 pm and props for all intensive purposes abandoned the DAW aspect
That's utter nonsense, even when assuming that you probably meant "for all intents and porposes" rather than "intensive purposes" (whatever that may be/mean :hihi:)
Oh I'm absolutely right, I just don't care to resurface proof for vain insecure trolls like yourself. Waste of my time, stay under a rock.

Besides that... lol at "porposes" you sure showed me.
chk071 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:15 am I hate to be right, but, I always said that VST support will ultimately kill off Reason as a DAW. I'm not into doom prophecies, but, I see exactly that happen at the moment...
It wasn't VST, it was years of lack of attention to the DAW while the competition stepped up.
Last edited by Psuper on Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have you tried Vital?

if one of the two of us is a hilarious troll then it is certainly not me - and saying you would be right about something is almost the same as saying rain consists of fire. Almost everything you post here is some of the dumbest shit I ever laid my eyes on. It's like you would be getting paid for posting stupid crap.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

And besides you are even unable to comprehend the difference between a simple typo and confusing a whole word with a very slightly similar one that has a completely different meaning. Almost unbelievable, but you are even too dumb for that. :shock:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Zzzz.. take it to tells Jens no one gives a shit.
Have you tried Vital?

bharris22 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:06 am
WasteLand wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:41 am and now MPE for reason (rack plugin)...
WasteLand wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:29 am with intro you get europa, thor, etc. it is €79, it was by the way ones in a sale for €49...
It was €39 in December (50% sale). At the time I didn't know how to get it running in Maschine and I also had doubts about which devices I would actually use instead of the VST plugins I already have, so I returned it.
o yes. yes the reason rack plugin is vst3 only. maschine will get vst3 support, but it is ages since last update of maschine (which i really like, was a way of working, that i used to have, but now with more possibilites, and non-destructive).

quite ironic, while reason 10/11 only support vst2...... like maschine... (all native instruments stuff is vst2)
I recently figured out how to do this. Metaplugin by DDMF ($49 here: https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst- ... x-wrapper/) is a VST2 plugin that loads VST3 plugins. Load Metaplugin in Maschine, load Reason VST in Metaplugin, and you are ready to go. I believe there are other "chainer" plugins that would probably serve the same function, but I believe Metaplugin may be the least expensive option.
yes, and kushview element, can do it also? there are more wrappers, also with oversample options. i have some wrappers. but i don't miss reason rack yet in maschine, in maschine i work mostly with samples.
but the metaplugin is a nice tip! thanks!

the metaplugin has more options, or more "stuff", like oversampling, 64 bits handling for the DAW, etc. nice plugin. think about this plugin, perhaps an addition. EDIT: for EU customers it is €47... (including VAT??) EDIT 2: it is €44, but €9,xx VAT, so over €50.

the kushview can do a lot less, but it is still developed. and free (although you don't get the latest version, if you aren't patreon or pledge something...)
Last edited by WasteLand on Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:19 am
bharris22 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:06 am I believe there are other "chainer" plugins that would probably serve the same function, but I believe Metaplugin may be the least expensive option.
I believe Kushview Element is. Very similar to Metaplugin. But half a year ago I didn't know about Element and other VST3 host plugins were too expensive imo.
yes kushview element can load vst2 and vst3 plugins. and is itself available as vst2 and vst3..
so it can wrap. did not thought about to use it for maschine. because of everything i have vst3 and vst2, only reason rack plugin not..

A little off topic, but what I haven't figured out how to do yet is to record midi from the Reason Rack VST into Maschine. Can someone who knows how to do this please explain the setup? Essentially, I would like to use the various Reason midi generators/players to record the midi notes directly into a Maschine track.

bharris22 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:22 pm A little off topic, but what I haven't figured out how to do yet is to record midi from the Reason Rack VST into Maschine. Can someone who knows how to do this please explain the setup? Essentially, I would like to use the various Reason midi generators/players to record the midi notes directly into a Maschine track.
i am certain that in the maschine forum of NI this question will be answered, or is answered for other plugins. it depends also on OS, apple can do it, you have to use virtual midi of some kind (although in way it is already installed, o well technical).

maschine must in way record the midi notes, but it can't do it directly, if i am correct (i don't use this workflow). so you must connect to some virtual midi, connect that to the input of track (and of course the midi output(s) of the reason rack plugin must be connected to a virtual midi).

better answer are on the maschine forum.

(you use reason plugin rack in a wrapper, me thinks, or else it don't work. the wrapper must also output the midi outputs, or perhaps you have wrapper that records midi? i am sure it is possible, but is it out there).

I wrote a free vst3 wrapper years ago, it should work in Reason and Maschine too (if they support shell vsts). Otherwise you have to use the shell2vst tool to create regular vsts from the shell.

https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/vst3shell.zip
https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/shell2vst.zip

polac wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:51 am I wrote a free vst3 wrapper years ago, it should work in Reason and Maschine too (if they support shell vsts). Otherwise you have to use the shell2vst tool to create regular vsts from the shell.

So I copied all of those files of vst3shell.zip to my VstPlugins folder and indeed now I can use VST3 plugins in Maschine without having to make connections and configurations, so in most cases this will be more convenient than Element. Thanks! :)

polac wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:51 am

I wrote a free vst3 wrapper years ago, it should work in Reason and Maschine too (if they support shell vsts). Otherwise you have to use the shell2vst tool to create regular vsts from the shell.

thanks!!!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”