The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love the "no luck, no love, no thanks" the way that was done with pauses and emphasis. Very effective.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

MasterTuner wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 pm Love the "no luck, no love, no thanks" the way that was done with pauses and emphasis. Very effective.
Yeah, it's typical country schlock. :lol:

Thanks for the listen and feedback. If you have anything you want me to listen to, let me know.

Gives me Johnny Cash vibes.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:32 pm Gives me Johnny Cash vibes.
Really? Wow, would have never thought that in a million years. I certainly don't have his voice. But thanks.

14th track from my upcoming CD "Outtakes II"

Looks Like Today

Been waiting for a long long time
The clouds are starting to fade
Been trying to make you mine
Thinking of the plans I'd made

But the waiting is over
Done wishing on a four leaf clover

Looks like today
Is gonna be a great, great day
And there's just no way
That anything can make me sing
Louder than anything you can say
Now it's time to play
Looks like today

Been holding out for you to come
You make my head spin round
I always knew you were the one
I thank the day when you were found

And now the waiting is over
Done wishing on my big dog rover

Repeat Chorus

From now on it's gonna be
A lifetime of just you and me
As far as anyone can see
Your love it holds the key
To my happiness

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... like-today

boom! (you make the world go)

great track 8) love the bouncing synth and didnt even mind what im assuming is vocaloid or similar.
i can hear what jethro was saying about death in vegas, but it kind of sounded a bit animal collective to me too.
but it sounded "wags" it was one of those that, to me, stand out as tracks you enjoyed doing, there was some inspiration driving it, rather than the need to do a song.

definitely up there as one of my faves :tu:

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:02 pm boom! (you make the world go)

great track 8) love the bouncing synth and didnt even mind what im assuming is vocaloid or similar.
i can hear what jethro was saying about death in vegas, but it kind of sounded a bit animal collective to me too.
but it sounded "wags" it was one of those that, to me, stand out as tracks you enjoyed doing, there was some inspiration driving it, rather than the need to do a song.

definitely up there as one of my faves :tu:
Thanks Vurt. Yes, I did have a lot of fun doing that one. No Vocaloid but Realivox Ladies on it.

same thing to me :hihi:
but no, was used well here, tasteful :)

cool synth too 8)

15th track from my upcoming CD "Outtakes II"

This one, minus the vocal, was made entirely with the brand new K1 that is actually free. If anybody owned a Kawai K1, it was a cool rompler. Noisy as hell, which the VST isn't, but cool just the same. Those 8 bit samples had charm.

I had a lot of fun doing this and, as you can hear, is not to be taken seriously AT ALL. :lol:

Why Kawai

Why Kawai
Why did you hurt me so
Why did you let me go
Oh please I've got to know

Why Kawai
Why did you break my heart
Why did we grow apart
Why did we ever start

I thought I couldn't live without you
I thought my life was meaningless
I thought you'd make me oh so happy
But you just made my life a mess

Why Kawai
Why did you seek me out
Why did you scream and shout
Until there was no doubt

Why Kawai
Why did you so insist
Til I could not resist
Now I just make a fist

Repeat B Section

Instrumental Break

Why Kawai
Why won't you leave me be
Why won't you set me free
Someday I'll find the key
To say goodbye to Kawai

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/why-kawai

PS - Still waiting for somebody to comment on "Looks Like Today" Anybody?

Looks like today
Nice upbeat track. Love the rhyme "big dog rover"!
Guitar solo good. I've got a feeling though that this sounds like a lot of your other stuff, and I was looking for something a little unique about it to make it stand out.
Why Kawai
Fun. Is that a Japanese accent? Couple of nice hooks (melodic & rhyhmic) in there.
1:34 I like that breakdown section, very creative.

Bansaw wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:25 am Looks like today
Nice upbeat track. Love the rhyme "big dog rover"!
Guitar solo good. I've got a feeling though that this sounds like a lot of your other stuff, and I was looking for something a little unique about it to make it stand out.
Why Kawai
Fun. Is that a Japanese accent? Couple of nice hooks (melodic & rhyhmic) in there.
1:34 I like that breakdown section, very creative.
Ah, the curse of being a prolific writer. It's tough making every song you do sound unique. In fact, it's darn near impossible. I can't tell you how many times I start playing something and 5 seconds later stop and go "I've done that."

"Looks Like Today" is in the same style as "You Make The World Go Boom" Listen to them both back to back and it's quite obvious, even though they're technically two different songs (melody, chords, etc.) they have that "pop" sound that I do that I almost have down to a science. It's why I've been trying to stretch myself and do stuff like the NiN CD and some of the weird stuff I've done on this CD, including My Kawai. But then even my strange stuff starts to develop a pattern if you listen close enough.

As far as the accent, I have no idea what I was going for. LOL.

Yep, as a person who has written more than 1,200 songs I guess I can give you a pass if a few of them sound the same :hihi:

Bansaw wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:53 am Yep, as a person who has written more than 1,200 songs I guess I can give you a pass if a few of them sound the same :hihi:
1200? I think I might have topped that in just the last 20 years and I've been writing since 1977. I don't even want to think about how many thousands of songs I've written, most of which early on were pure garbage.

Let's see

2010 - 5 CDs
2012 - 1 CD
2013 - 5 CDs
2015 - 3 CDs
2016 - 9 CDs
2017 - 12 CDs
2018 - 9 CDs
2019 - 7 CDs
2020 - 4 CDs

Boston's first album, every song pretty much sounded the same. Albeit that was one hell of an album.

I'm sure I will be doing a lot more songs that sound like something I've done before it.

Looks Like Today - well, at least I'd like to know how you achieve that gorgeous drum sound.
Another one out of the box - nice songwriting!

htcnext2 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:14 am Looks Like Today - well, at least I'd like to know how you achieve that gorgeous drum sound.
Another one out of the box - nice songwriting!
Drums are Kontakt's Abbey Road Modern Drummer and I did something I don't normally do with my tracks. No processing on it. Not even an EQ. I went with the sound right out of the box.

However, the mix buss has a ton of stuff on it.

Fabfilter Pro Q2
Waves Saphira
Waves TG12345
Fabfilter Pro MB
Fabfilter Pro L

So I'm sure that has something to do with the sound I got

Anyway, thanks for the listen and the feedback.

Return to “Music Cafe”