iZotope bought Exponential Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Burillo wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:35 am iZotope were usually very quick to respond in my case. Mind you, that was before covid.
same

Which companies should iZotope buy next so we could get those 9$ plugins?

I'd say SoundToys and Eventide. They could also buy up the Lexicon software part. And also why not Softube too.
No signature here!

vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:32 pm I’d see more of an integration with Ozone, for example, with a different UI. They wouldn’t purchase such quality reverb algorithms and then abandon those.
I'm sure Ozone used to have an integrated reverb at one point

Ozone 5

Burillo wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:35 am iZotope were usually very quick to respond in my case. Mind you, that was before covid.
Very valid point. It seems to have slowed things down for many people.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:32 pm I’d see more of an integration with Ozone, for example, with a different UI. They wouldn’t purchase such quality reverb algorithms and then abandon those.
That’s kind of what I think. Maybe not Ozone but we should see it’s algorithms appear in Neutron and Nectar. But EA plugins are used a lot by mixing and audio-post pros, that’s good for their image. It would be a very bad marketing move on their part. For sure their present plugins would just get a make over, and integrated into their current products.

Although, I’d imagine they’d want to try doing new things too. They’re always trying new things.

robotmonkey wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:21 pm Which companies should iZotope buy next so we could get those 9$ plugins?

I'd say SoundToys and Eventide. They could also buy up the Lexicon software part. And also why not Softube too.
Waves?

acYm wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:51 am
robotmonkey wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:21 pm Which companies should iZotope buy next so we could get those 9$ plugins?

Waves?
I think they should by all of the above + Universal Audio, Moog, Sausage Fattener and Apple

acYm wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:51 am

Waves?
Naaah. Waves plugins are pretty cheap already as is.
No signature here!

yeah that wasn't a very good joke, was it. :neutral:

Hi there,
I've been trying to purchase Excalibur from AudioDeluxe since 10th August .... their offer - 9,99$ was too good to pass over. But .... I got as far as the check-out when a window popped up which I couldn't believe. Having bank accounts in more than one country, I changed the credit card, hoping it would do the trick but it didn't.

I emailed Customer Support at iZotope ... more than once .... but they haven't responded apart from the automatic replies. So I contacted AudioDeluxe and they explained that iZotope require a US mail address. Well, that must be a new policy since I've been their customer since 2012 and had no problems in purchasing.

I also own PhoenixVerb from EA.

How can iZotope simply cut out their European customers ? Is this sensible ? Surely this will result in a large loss of revenue. I live in Germany and would dearly love to find a workaround. Has anyone here come up with a solution ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That's probably because they don't charge VAT and Izotope is not OK with that. (Or their relations with EU-Countries will be in jeoopardy I guess)
Similar case is with IK products and JRR Shop.

So it's the decision of the developer, not the shop.
I guess Izotope won't answer for third party shops.

Wonder if EA are working on something new...

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:00 pm Wonder if EA are working on something new...
Nope. EA doesn't exist anymore, per se. But all the sales seem to point to new iZotope products coming this Fall/Winter, which likely include one or more of the reverb algos from EA.

I almost grab this, but to be honest, I’m more interested to see what they do next. They’ll make their own reverb plugin for sure, there’s no other reason to buy th tech. Maybe it gets implemented in their other tools, I don’t know, but I’m pretty sure they will make a new reverb, plus bring their own touches to the current line.

That’s what I’m more interested in seeing and just how it all plays out.

Return to “Effects”