Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

Always good to know I'm on my own with this one :(

I demoed it as its certainly cheap enough, but after an hour of playing I deleted. Sounds fine, but nothing I cant do do with what I have and its to fiddley to use....I pretty much just use Rapid nowadays for anything wavetable based.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

it sounds nice, gui is an eye sore, and tiny asf, and the preset/bank management is designed by monkeys, literally. but for 30usd its not bad. polish it up with an updated gui and preset management, it could contend with most popular wave table layer synths.
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

street spirit wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:12 am it sounds nice, gui is an eye sore, and tiny asf, and the preset/bank management is designed by monkeys, literally. but for 30usd its not bad. polish it up with an updated gui and preset management, it could contend with most popular wave table layer synths.
Never understood the whining about the preset management in Waldorf synths. It's perfectly fine.
No signature here!

Never understood the complaints about bad preset managements in general.

Damn it I missed the sale :(

One of the knobs on my Blofeld is playing up. From what I've heard I'd happily take Largo as a replacement. At this price it would also have been cheaper than getting a repair done!

Ah well. Hoping it goes on sale again soon

Don't think there'll be another such sale soon. I think a better idea would be to have an eye on the Sell & Buy forum here, and watch for some rejected impulse buys. ;)

Wise words, will be keeping an eye :tu:

Deleted

Will make signature patches when have more time to explore it,definitely with these 4 layers man can do wall of sound :)

Does this contain the same presets as in the blofeld? I used to just ate a blofeld, but never bought one as I had to many workstations and then sold them all and went all software.

damayor wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:08 am Does this contain the same presets as in the blofeld? I used to just ate a blofeld, but never bought one as I had to many workstations and then sold them all and went all software.
No. And it's not a Blofeld in software. There are similarities, but it's not the same.

And I have to write that :) - the preset management is a nightmare. And there was (if I remember correctly it was fixed) the problem with the DAW losing the plugin state (preset) when loading projects. I really love the sound of Largo, but I hate the GUI and the bugs :(

PALU wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:07 am
damayor wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:08 am Does this contain the same presets as in the blofeld? I used to just ate a blofeld, but never bought one as I had to many workstations and then sold them all and went all software.
No. And it's not a Blofeld in software. There are similarities, but it's not the same.
Yes, they are very similar though, also in terms of sound.

I already posted it a couple of times here, but, here is a good comparison between the two: https://markmoshermusic.com/2011/07/23/ ... s-blofeld/

I'd second his assessment (as I had the Blofeld here for a couple of days and compared them) that they are 98% the same. They really sound very similar, there's slight differences in terms of brightness and the bass boost (activated by default in Blofeld) is also a bit more pronounced in Largo.

They're so similar that I decided that it doesn't make much sense to keep both, as I vastly preferred programming Largo, which is very fiddly in the Blofeld. Unless you can't live without the PPG filter, or need sample import, Largo is a very good replacement IMO.

Thanks yall I have largo. But I barley use it because the preset browser. I might break it out tomorrow.

chk071 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:31 am
PALU wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:07 am
Yes, they are very similar though, also in terms of sound.
:) I had Blofeld and used Largo a lot - loved Largo, hated Blofeld sound-wise;) Don't know - maybe it's my ears, maybe the Blofeld quirkiness (hated the jumping volume levels between the presets). But for sure they share the same DNA.

Return to “Instruments”