Reason Rack Plugin FREE with any purchase at Plugin Boutique during July

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are intresting RE in the shop which are avaiable as VST.
I hope they offer Malstroem and Grain seperatly one day.

Are these plug ins exclusive to Reason Daw or any other DAW?I might as well get something cheap and get these in the process if i can use it in Ableton.

Optimistinker wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:06 am Are these plug ins exclusive to Reason Daw or any other DAW?I might as well get something cheap and get these in the process if i can use it in Ableton.
You can use this in Ableton:

https://youtu.be/xSN0tbnHefs
https://youtu.be/EO1gpbD0paM

i have some racks in my account, i can use it in this version..?

javierosr wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:07 pm i have some racks in my account, i can use it in this version..?
Yes.

If you own an older version of Reason, would grabbing the lite version of rack allow use of devices like Kong and Grain, etc?

Broken wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:05 am If you own an older version of Reason, would grabbing the lite version of rack allow use of devices like Kong and Grain, etc?
No.

This seems to be the cheapest plugin on PB at the moment:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/6541-Sphene-LE

! This version of Reason can only be used with Internet connection.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:55 pm It could also be useful if you have sold or are thinking about selling Reason, but still have RE's that have or will become useless and worthless without Reason.
Good point. The lack of ability to sell my REs was the reason I kept 6.5. However, I am actually cool I didn't because the Reason 11 version is what I would have wished for then. To others, it will remain an issue if you have bought many REs like me.

IncarnateX wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:06 am
Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:55 pm It could also be useful if you have sold or are thinking about selling Reason, but still have RE's that have or will become useless and worthless without Reason.
Good point. The lack of ability to sell my REs was the reason I kept 6.5. However, I am actually cool I didn't because the Reason 11 version is what I would have wished for then. To others, it will remain an issue if you have bought many REs like me.
i think it is agains EU law, the RE's can't be sold. sweden, is a part EU.
like serum, that is now for NFR, it is not legal in europe, EU. and perhaps other countries, or states in the US.
i am not legal expert. so i can be wrong.

Oh my, not this again...

Fact is that none of us knows if it's against exisiting laws. Especially as it is a special case, just like FL Studios lifetime upgrade thing.

If you want to know for sure, sue them. Sue them all. Those money hungry bastards.

Just deinstalled it after a short test. Tere are too much shortcomings - not only the internet connection.

WasteLand wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:43 am i think it is agains EU law, the RE's can't be sold. sweden, is a part EU.
Yes, I think there was something about that several years ago regarding Image Line's stuff. Then people began to sell whole IM accounts on KVR, referring to an EU trial and precedens. Afair, KVR did not know how to take a stand towards it because it was a rather ambigious mess legally and had to leave the resposibility to the sellers and IM to react upon it. I never followed the issue to an end, so I know nothing about status quo these days. However, you have no 30 days return on REs and no resell. To be fair, Reason Studios actually did return of couple of their own REs in my case, but that was because I went from Reason 11 to Reason 11 suite within two weeks, and they thought it was okay that I did not pay extra for those that came with Suite.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noone here knows anything about whether it is against laws that Reason Studios make RE's no ntransferrable. It's a bit more complicated that simply arguing "Software must be resellable. Period.". As I said, it needs a court ruling in this special case. File a suit, if you want to know exactly. That is the only way. The only way to be able to figure it out avoiding pseudo juridicial guess work.

Personally, I can't believe how many times stuff like this comes up here...

It is a rather old issue now @chk071, and since you still cannot resell or get your REs refunded, any trials that occured in the meanwhile must have failed. Reason Studios can do it and the customers can decline REs and use VSTis instead if it is a pita to them. Doesn't get much better that this, seemingly. It is not really a problem to me. I buy REs on sale and many of the smaller modules are cheap already. Even if I sold Reason now, I have sold hardware with greater loss.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”