PSYLAB/PSYSCOPE- Kick & Bass VSTi & Scope

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://fx23.net/

Psylab is a vsti plugin dedicaced to kick bass designs based on unique advanced true cubic bezier curves system.

https://youtu.be/IVnfs3aXAk8

Anyone checked this out?

They have also released a free Scope plugin as well which I am going to try out.

https://youtu.be/rT7URMem7qY

Psyscope is a free synced oscilloscope plugin inspired from Psylab build-in scope.

Features:

_ 4x stereo inputs for multi channels checking, showing them either individually, as overlapped layers, summed, L, R, or mono sum.
_ Zoom ‘ n ‘ scroll for precise inspecting, up to sample rez.
_Datas infos: max buffer peak, under mouse db value, ms, beat, sample positions..
_ 3 Skins included (more later) that can be customized with sate saved to daw per instance.
_ Latency offset setting for daws that don’t report correct PPQ timming.
_Full vector resizable UI.

Available as windows vst 2.4 64 bits .dll.
No install, just drop .dll to plugin folder

Sounds good!

I dreamed about someone to come up with a psytrance focused kick/bass combo plugin. Could have saved me a lot of trouble when my room wasn't properly treated.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

This looks exciting. I have a friend who will be more than happy to give this a try.
Take care :wink:

Looks good.

recursive one wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:29 pm Sounds good!

I dreamed about someone to come up with a psytrance focused kick/bass combo plugin. Could have saved me a lot of trouble when my room wasn't properly treated.
I Totally agree. It's about time someone actually stepped up and created this! Very useful!

what a complex little beast. Anyone know how to transpose with the keyboard? I can get the kicks to do it but not the bassline for some odd reason?

[edit] figured it out, it's on different MIDI channels.

Purchased. great stuff.

Very impressive.
A working and good sounding kbbb at fast bpm without using samples is really great.
But most of all being able to do this quickly is for me something amazing!

I assume only musicians who make Psytrance and who create their kbbb by themselves will appreciate such a tool.
A few years ago as I made a few psy trance songs it would have saved me hours, days, even weeks of work!

At first sight the gui does not seem very easy to use (and is much too dark for my eyes) but after looking at the tutorial videos everything makes sense and at the end it is not too difficult to find everything.
The plugin is powerfull and complex and allow a lot of tweaking.
I did not compare with other plugins but I find that the curves can be very precisely and smoothly fine tuned!

1. I could not find a way to route each engine to an individual output.
This would be usefull.

2. On my system the transport is always running and looping from bar 1 to bar 32.
Fortunately it does this quietly and does not trigger the sequencer but I wonder if there is a reason for this behaviour?

3. I would prefer an alternative less dark color for the gui.

But all in all I find it a great plugin :tu:
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

I could not find a way to route each engine to an individual output.
This would be usefull.
This is done in the DAW.

wickfut wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:26 am
I could not find a way to route each engine to an individual output.
This would be usefull.
This is done in the DAW.
OK.
I am surely blind because I can't see how to do this ;-)

I am using Cubase.
In Cubase I can activate 4 mono outputs plus 1 main stereo output for Psylab and these five outputs are available in the Cubase Mixer.
Per default all engines in Psylab go to the main stereo output.
I looked at the "global" menu, I looked at each of the "Parameters" settings and I searched everywhere in the gui but I can't find any place where I can choose an output for the engines.

It would be nice if you could tell where or how it is possible to assign an output to an engine.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

I don't understand what you mean?

You have found where you route the audio of each engine out, you click the circle to open its output in cubase.

Last edited by wickfut on Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

wickfut wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:54 am hang on , did you change your post?

1 sec.
What do you mean?
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

edited above post.

Also, to stop the VST from playing in DAW you click the tiny box on the left just under the tempo display.

FX23.net gives me FORBIDDEN as response
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

@wickfut
!?!?
This is how it looks on my system
psylab-outputs.jpg
It does not look as on your system (BTW I am still with Cubase 10)
But as far as I know the single ouputs are activated.
Could it be that it is a demo limitation of Psylab?

Is the assignment to the single outputs automatic as soon as you activate the outputs in Cubase?
Or do you have to do somthing more in Psylab?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

wickfut wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:05 am Also, to stop the VST from playing in DAW you click the tiny box on the left just under the tempo display.
Yes, sure the Psylab sequencer stops playing and the transport bar is dark, but it is still runing without triggering any note, at least on my system and in the tutorial videos I have seen.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Return to “Instruments”