DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

DrivenByMoss 10.1 is online!

Get it from http://www.mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2+
  • All devices
    • Fixed: Replaced a special#character (e.g. from Diatonic Transposer) with the normal ASCII #.
    • Fixed: Prevent to display identical on-screen messages
  • APCmini
    • Fixed: Scene buttons were not lit
    • Fixed: Drum sequencer crashed
  • Komplete Kontrol MKI
    • Fixed: Several crashes when activating Scale due to not configured colors
    • Fixed: Light guide did not work correctly when keyboard was transposed
  • MCU
    • New: *use faders as knobs* and *Marker mode* functions display their state on the screen if toggled.
    • Fixed: Do not select tracks on fader touch if *use faders as knobs* is active.
  • Maschine Mk3
    • New:Channel- Insert a new instrument channel (was File)
    • New:Stop + Channel- Insert a new audio channel
    • New:File- Saves the project (was Stop + File)
    • New:Page left / rightmoves to the previous/next clip on the selected track (moved the scene page before)
    • New:Stop + Page left / rightmoves to the previous/next clip page
    • New:Stop + Volume- Toggles VU meter display
    • New: Scale and Note Repeat settings are displayed and can be edited with knobs
  • Mikro Mk3
    • New: In track and parameter selection modes the selected tracks/parameters blink.
  • Maschine Mk3 / Mikro Mk3
    • New: Play mode is now accessed by pressing *Keyboard*. Press again for play configuration mode.
    • New: Drum mode is now accessed by pressing *Pad Mode*. Press again for drum configuration mode.
    • New: Activating Step provides a step sequencer for the currently selected *drum machine cell
    • or the last played note if *Keyboard* is active. Follow button provides grid resolution setting and page selection.
    • New: Chord button enables chords in play mode. Note of pad adds 2 thirds on top.
    • New:Stop + Rec- Start recording a clip in the currently selected (empty) slot
    • New: *Sequential up* is now the default play layout
    • New:Erase- Does no longer trigger Undo. UseStop + Pad 1instead.
    • New: To change bank pages turn the encoder and keep the related button pressed (scenes - *Scene*, clips - *Pattern*, tracks - *Select, Solo or Mute*))
    • New: In the parameter selection (*Variation* button) use the top row pads to switch devices and parameter pages. The parameter pads are now colored in the Bitwig parameter colors
    • New:Stop + Pad 1 (Undo)- Undo
    • New:Stop + Pad 2 (Redo)- Redo
    • New:Stop + Pad 5 (Quantize)- Quantizes the selected MIDI 100%
    • New:Stop + Pad 6 (QUANTIZE 50%)- Quantizes the selected MIDI 50%
    • New:Stop + Pad 9 (CLEAR)- Deletes all MIDI notes from the selected MIDI clip
    • New:Stop + Pad 13 (SEMITONE -)- Transpose the selected MIDI clip a semitone down
    • New:Stop + Pad 14 (SEMITONE +)- Transpose the selected MIDI clip a semitone up
    • New:Stop + Pad 15 (OCTAVE -)- Transpose the selected MIDI clip an octave down
    • New:Stop + Pad 16 (OCTAVE +)- Transpose the selected MIDI clip an octave up
    • New: KeepFixed Velpressed and turn the encoder to change the fixed accent value
    • New: Pressing Stop flushes the whole state (display / buttons) to the device. This helps when you switch to MIDI mode and the DAW state changed meanwhile, since there is no way to get the information that the user switches to MIDI mode.
    • New:Auto- Toggle write arranger automation.
    • New:Shift + Auto- Toggle write clip launcher automation.
    • New:Lock- Toggle arranger overdub.
    • New:Shift + Lock- Toggle clip launcher overdub.
    • Fixed: *Sequential ^* and *Sequential >* scale layout were using 8 not 4 pads
    • Fixed: Auto and Lock buttons did not respect the setting "Flip arranger and clip record / automation"
  • Novation SLMkIII
    • Fixed: Renamed remote control parameters changed to the original name when switching from devices to parameters mode.
Enjoy!

Is there a chance of support for Maschine Mikro MK2? :help:

Greetings,
smoothny

Thanks for your prompt response.

Hopefully this gets resolved by Bitwig in a future point update.

I am pretty new to Bitwig thus I am asking you this... were you (or others) able to use DrivenByMoss with KK M32 and MM MK3 at the same time with previous versions of Bitwig Studio?

If so, I will file a ticket with Bitwig so that at least they know what's going on.

Best,

Dado
moss wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:07 pm
marcora wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:11 pm I have never been able (in any DAW) to use two KK controllers at the same time, only one controller can interface with the underlying DAW integration process and there is no procedure/button combo on the controller to even switch focus of the DAW integration process to a particular controller (like it is possible, for example, when using Komplete Kontrol software or Maschine software).
Using 2 KK controllers is simply not supported by NI. No idea why they made such a decision.

However, I think there is also an issue with controller detection introduced somewhere in the 3.2.x line, which I cannot put my finger on yet.

Bitwig 2.3.4 DMB 10.1 Icon pro X V2.05

Issue #1
using "track button" for switching effect (or master) track "volume" to "track" generate error popup window"

"MCU control Universal crash
Index 0 out of bounds for length 0"

(using "track button" for audio track "volume" to "track" works fine)

Issue #2
Using "faders as knobs" update display with device parameters, returning to the previous state does not update the display (old device parameters text is shown)

dot.solenoid wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:42 pm Bitwig 2.3.4 DMB 10.1 Icon pro X V2.05

Issue #1
using "track button" for switching effect (or master) track "volume" to "track" generate error popup window"

"MCU control Universal crash
Index 0 out of bounds for length 0"

(using "track button" for audio track "volume" to "track" works fine)

Issue #2
Using "faders as knobs" update display with device parameters, returning to the previous state does not update the display (old device parameters text is shown)
I cannot reproduce these issues. Could you please give exact steps what you do? Also what tracks do you have in the project?

smoothny wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:41 pm Is there a chance of support for Maschine Mikro MK2? :help:

Greetings,
smoothny
I don't think so.

These new additions are aweosome function for Maschine!
New function for Variation Button is very nice :)
Thanks a lot Moss!
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

Hopefuly Presonus' new Atom SQ gets Moss' support:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/pr ... -our-times
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Thanks for the Maschine MKIII support!
I have one question about this, how can I leave the Bitwig midi without the Shift key?
Now I have to start the Controller to select another script.

Thanks!

Gnuus wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:16 am Thanks for the Maschine MKIII support!
I have one question about this, how can I leave the Bitwig midi without the Shift key?
Now I have to start the Controller to select another script.

Thanks!
Not sure if I understand your question. You can still leave/enter MIDI mode with Shift + Channel.

Yes I know you can leave the midi mode, but I cannot select another template with the shift+arrow keys?

sorry a few more questions on the akai fire script. i think the pitch adjustment you mentioned is for the normal instrument sequencer not the pitch of the drum machine??

2. also how do we put it in drum sequencer mode when using a different vst than drum machine?
3. Does the instrument sequencer notes lock to scales and modes or does it pitch every notee even out of scale?
4. Is there a way to assign a button to open and close the device plugins gui?

Thanks

marcora wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:37 pm I am pretty new to Bitwig thus I am asking you this... were you (or others) able to use DrivenByMoss with KK M32 and MM MK3 at the same time with previous versions of Bitwig Studio?
I did some tests with Kontrol A61 and Maschine Mikro Mk3. Works fine for me on Windows 10 and Bitwig 3.2.4.
Is anybody still having issues? If yes, on which platform?

Gnuus wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:25 am Yes I know you can leave the midi mode, but I cannot select another template with the shift+arrow keys?
Hmm, looks to me like a bug of the Maschine hardware. If you enable "Knob pages" it works again. But then you loose the arrow buttons for DrivenByMoss.

melodyz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:30 pm sorry a few more questions on the akai fire script. i think the pitch adjustment you mentioned is for the normal instrument sequencer not the pitch of the drum machine??
It works also on the drum sequencer but the drum machine cells seem not react to this pitch information. So I guess you need to tweak the drum elements to react to these data.
melodyz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:30 pm 2. also how do we put it in drum sequencer mode when using a different vst than drum machine?
Sorry, that is not possible due to the way that it uses the information coming from this device. You can use it in a limited way with only the 4 visible notes.
melodyz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:30 pm 3. Does the instrument sequencer notes lock to scales and modes or does it pitch every notee even out of scale?
It uses the scale. But you can also enable chromatic mode. You can also use this sequencer for any drum VST.
melodyz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:30 pm 4. Is there a way to assign a button to open and close the device plugins gui?
Let's see if I can squeeze that in somewhere.

Return to “Controller Scripting”