Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Synthmaster player will have totally different presets from SM1. Synthmaster player is the preset only version of synthmaster (currently at v 2.9). There are some great presets in it.

Synthmaster 1 is a different synth that is primarily a wavetable synth and is newer than synthmaster. I agree that the naming can be confusing. The sounds are good though.

Is it possible to be notified when for-sale ads containing certain words (e.g., UVI) are posted?

mrufino1 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:40 pm Synthmaster player will have totally different presets from SM1. Synthmaster player is the preset only version of synthmaster (currently at v 2.9). There are some great presets in it.

Synthmaster 1 is a different synth that is primarily a wavetable synth and is newer than synthmaster. I agree that the naming can be confusing. The sounds are good though.
Okay, good to know that. If I get SynthMaster Player, it will just be a bonus preset machine. I am only interested in SynthMaster One otherwise. I installed SynthMaster 2.9 demo and uninstalled it almost immediately - couldn't stand the UI for one.

Name are really confusing, and that's one more thing they should address apart from GUI and some other bugs/glitches. For example, I was not able to change the theme and UI size on the SM 2.9 demo.

Chrisk-K wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:01 pm Is it possible to be notified when for-sale ads containing certain words (e.g., UVI) are posted?
This would be a big +1 for me to :) I asked this once and was met with anger, I was very surprised tbh, but apparently its a touchy subject somehow.

Chrisk-K wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:01 pm Is it possible to be notified when for-sale ads containing certain words (e.g., UVI) are posted?
You can subscribe to their newsletter. I pretty much get notified via email as soon as any new product gets released or goes on sale. You can also follow them on Facebook or Instagram. Same notification.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Go to:

https://www.google.com/alerts

Enter the term:

site:kvraudio.com "uvi" "bargain center (bargains only; no chat)"

I guess Google alerts will also work with FS posts about used plugins by KVR members. I will try.

Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:56 pm On Nimbus---is the built-in EQ, width, and tail suppression enough to use it on each individual track without worrying about mud (with minimal tweaking, and no concerns about cpu usage)? Does it save a lot of time?
After demoing it a bit: probably not. The EQ and width control options are extremely limited. Most of the presets don't automatically apply a high pass, and the slope options are too limited. The bass presets had to be tweaked extensively, with an EQ afterwards, to avoid detracting from the tone of the bass. Tweaking all the different controls seems likely to end up taking more (rather than less) time, though the envelope and tempo sync controls could be useful. Tail suppression might be slightly convenient, but it's not clear whether it has significant advantages over sidechain ducking. CPU usage seems minimal though.

Just for laughs, and since the bargain discussion is quiet I thought this 'bargain' will be fun to share. According to them this is a RARE EDITION and the limited time sale will expire in next day or so (and then what???) have a read through the marketing hype and watch the trailer as its funny as hell. A few funny comments in that section too, add your own to the party:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... order.html

Design my Beat is a somewhat obscure company. They had a sale on either APD or VSTBuzz once (forgot which one). Their stuff is not necessarily all that bad but ridiculously overhyped and overpriced even at the sales price. They also play with trademarks. „Ultra“, „Tomorrowland“, plus they tend to use names of artists who in all likelihood never gave permission. I sometimes get the feeling they just keep repackaging their stuff whenever they get a cease and desist. But that is just a wild guess on my part. ;)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:48 am Design my Beat is a somewhat obscure company. They had a sale on either APD or VSTBuzz once (forgot which one). Their stuff is not necessarily all that bad but ridiculously overhyped and overpriced even at the sales price. They also play with trademarks. „Ultra“, „Tomorrowland“, plus they tend to use names of artists who in all likelihood never gave permission. I sometimes get the feeling they just keep repackaging their stuff whenever they get a cease and desist. But that is just a wild guess on my part. ;)
:lol:

Damn, gearslutz removed the link so its dead now. For those still curious go here and watch their trailer for the Ultra (tm) bundle, the wording and 'sell' is hilarious:
https://www.designmybeat.com/

Last edited by quietzone on Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Insanelysane wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:47 am Damn, gearslutz removed the link so its dead now. For those still curious go here and watch their trailer for the Ultra (tm) bundle, the wording and 'sell' is hilarious:
https://www.designmybeat.com/
'You have never been so close to glory' -yeah, i know, right ?

double post - oh bugger
Last edited by hotmitts on Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”