Anybody Switch To Bitwig Studio From Cubase?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Antelope is not a company to be trusted. I have their Discrete 4 and only needed to return it once but their FB group (which is almost impossible to get into now) is peppered with verifiable horror stories. Regardless, they do use good components, their QC is abysmal.
Have you tried Vital?

askoan wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:06 pm
WasteLand wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:06 pm o well this is too much KVR: defending cubase. i always think cubase will disappear at some time, but it the DAW, with all its limitations, but is also very powerfull, and the workflow, for me so, perfect.
Indeed, Cubase is awesome in many ways. I'm thinking about creating midi sequences of plucks and strings in the Cubase midi editor, then export that to Bitwig for this being a great sound design tool ; cubase midi sequencing being way more fluent to me.
Plus, i think this might force me into a more effective way of practicing (harmony first, sound design second).
I agree with you that multiple Daws can be an advantage, not necessarly slowing you down.
yes, somethings can be done in some program, i also have a nice audio editor, even 2. and a great spectral editor. so i jump around like a madman sometimes. and sometimes i load the sample in several DAW's, too see in which DAW i get the best result, and sometimes i know beforehand.

this kind of workflow, for instance i never considered. although i also jump with midi "events".

cnt wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:31 am Cubase is not NOT playable or built for live production. You have to automate yourself by using the mouse etc or have one parameter for one physical knob - where you can't even set min or max values for the parameters.
There are many things that are impossible to do in Cubase. Like sending envelopes, LFO's, arp's whatever (Bitwig has a vast number of "controller" plugins) - to any plugins parameters.
Practically none of this is Cubase, it's your understanding. You can with no particular trouble send any CC (or other MIDI commands) to an instrument that takes CC, including from knobs or other potentiometers on a physical controller. I create a lot of what I do, with extensive control live.

One thing "electronic music" people do miss is LFO as something you write in the piano roll and onboard instruments are ready to deal. Ok, that's actually real, but I deal with movement in instrument, so it's horses for courses. I rather imagine there's a way, it's just not how I think of it so I don't know. Min or max values is in instrument, I don't know why this is supposed to be host-determined, it seems redundant if not a potential conflict and wouldn't occur to me as a thing.
"Sending envelopes." You believe you can't draw an envelope in Cubase Key Editor and send it to any plugin where it's meaningful? I admit, this may mean something I'm just missing. Apologies in advance just in case.
The more Steinberg plays to the Ableton paradigms, the more bloat, is my POV. But fine, people's difference make the world go 'round.

Insert an arp in the Inspector, not a lot of worries here either. It may be that some things are set to be complete no-brainers in another paradigm, but no, this is largely not reality.
"I know Cubase inside out after 20 years of using it." Not so much apparently.
(This's similar to all the stuff you'll see at KVR about all the difficulties finding stuff in menus. Everything you can do in Cubase can be assigned to key command, or a string of commands in a macro. One is tempted to say RTFM, but it's all pretty apparent just looking at the UI, or more to the point looking at KEY COMMANDS.)

I don't know what 'Live production' even means. AFAICT, production entails preparation, mixing and then post.
Producers! :hihi:

Hey that's pretty cool for Bitwig. A full version of the DAW included in the package, that's actually pretty nice.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”