Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

I had money on VSP being first....they missed out by one day

That was my bet too :)
rsp
sound sculptist

The amount of patches available for OBsession seems to grow quite fast:

B) Free OBsession patches:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/obsess ... /downloads
viewtopic.php?t=547963
viewtopic.php?f=257&t=547982

also:

viewtopic.php?p=7823661

AnX wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:57 pm
The amount of patches available for OBsession seems to grow quite fast:

viewtopic.php?t=547963
viewtopic.php?f=257&t=547982

also:

viewtopic.php?p=7823661
My original post (not the quotes) was already updated with that link before you posted this...

This is the updated version:
A) commercial soundsets:
- Resonate Sound Design:
viewtopic.php?f=257&t=548770
https://www.resonatesounddesign.com/evoke
- VSP - VintageSynthPads:
viewtopic.php?f=257&t=548813
https://vintagesynthpads.com/ocart/Syna ... _Obsession

viewtopic.php?t=547963
viewtopic.php?p=7823661
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Well, I know you like to repeat things, so there is it again....

IncarnateX wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:41 am
BONES wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:43 am Or maybe it's a case of the simplicity of the original being a large part of its appeal?
You can always wait for the Behringer version, depending on your need for authenticity and size of wallet, in case you cannot afford an original one. :P

However, DEVs seem to find design solutions to this as well, like having a discrete page botton that takes you to the extended features, i.e. the Legend RE version hides its effects on the backside.
I used to be more of a “feature monger” back in the day. I wanted every plugin to have everything. I sort of started using plugins by way of Zebra 2 and Absynth. Absynth to extend the hardware I had and Zebra 2 to replace some of it. I was a bit of a VA junky in those days and I didn’t really care all that much about the sound of analog.

But I changed. I used to take my coffee with tons of cream and sugar too, but now drink it mostly black. Younger me wanted a bit of coffee taste, just like it wanted a bit of analog sound. As time went on, I learned to appreciate the pure goodness of both, but it also meant that the quality had to be high. When your first experience of coffee is bad office drip, cream and sugar are the only things that can make it OK.

Anyway, I still love a synthesizer playground with lots of options, but these days, I realize that 80% of the time I don’t use all that, so a simple plugin or hardware synth is fine... actually preferable. I don’t need a mountain of available options when all that I’m looking for is a simple bass sound, or synth string pad. I said earlier that I wouldn’t mind the oscillators exposed as sources in the mod matrix, but to be honest, I don’t really need that at all in a synth like this. I clearly have it in Dune 3 (and other plugins) so I’m fine with having a more authentic analog emulation at the expense of more features.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I don't need every synth to be a giant, do-everything-and-more, bloated hog. But I do appreciate when developers look at what users might do/want and expand upon the capabilities of the original synth. For instance, I want to set Osc volumes, I want to set noise volume, I want to set keytracking, add velocity to the filter, and amp. These are just kind of "basic" things. The nice thing with Obsession, is it's easy to do those things via the matrix. The downside though, is I've now used up all my matrix slots in doing so. :lol:

So yeah...at this point, I'd LOVE a second set of Mod Matrix slots or seeing some of those assignments added to the front panel to free up back panel slots. Doesn't make it less of an OB to have some of these additional options.

You may not have noticed but the front panel is reserved only for those features of the original, so nothing that wasn't in a real OB is every likely to find it's way there (apart from the FX button, which somehow migrated from the top strip down to the proper GUI).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

revvy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:50 am Richard, more slots in the Mod Matrix please?

As so many otherwise 'normal' functions need to be modded from the matrix (Osc level, noise level, etc) more than 6 slots would be nice.
I discussed adding more mod matrix slots with Richard yesterday and he agreed that this makes sense.
One option is that it might be implemented as a switch where you can flip betrween slots #1 - #6 (the current mod matrix slots) and slots #7 - #12.

I also added a new feature request thread for this at the beta forum so it could be discussed there. It guess it was mentioned there in the past but i did not find a dedicated thread.

Hopefully the additional mod matrix slots could be added ASAP.

PS:
Currently Richard is working on the RE (Rack Extension) version of OBsession.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I'm sure it's a natural reaction when programming Obsession, I wasn't claiming to be the first to have had the thought.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

nvm
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

enhancing one synth means the "test" is pointless

either do them all the same or not at all
I discussed adding more mod matrix slots with Richard yesterday and he agreed that this makes sense.

I also added a new feature request thread for this at the beta forum so it could be discussed there.

FTR, everyone at the beta forum has been asking for this for months, you missed it... Rich agreed to it a long time ago in an update. The new thread at the beta forum is totally unnecessary.
revvy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:55 am I'm sure it's a natural reaction when programming Obsession, I wasn't claiming to be the first to have had the thought.

i know you weren't :wink:

Maybe I was not subscribed to newsletter, but I did not get notifications for 2 new updates. Is there some page I can visit to check the changelog?

SiliconDeath wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:29 am Maybe I was not subscribed to newsletter, but I did not get notifications for 2 new updates. Is there some page I can visit to check the changelog?

not sure it was in an email/newsletter, but details are here

http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =7&t=12863

Return to “Instruments”