Kawai K1 as VSTi - Nils' K1v is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nils K1v

Heheh, I've now started using the comment "thumbs" thing.
:tu: Great plugin Nils!

BTW, On the "screwdriver" analogy...
I have what most of us have, the hand ones and the electrics. But back in the '70-'90s I had a spiral one that was superior to either. Unfortunately, the company that made the best ones no longer do. And the cheap copies that do aren't worth anything.

Sometimes the best is found in-between the two extremes.

There are many times a power tool won't fit where a screw or other fastener must be accessed. Music making tools also may not fit, in some cases. Too big, too small, wrong shape, wrong attachment etc ...then account for myriad artistic differences.

glokraw wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:34 pm There are many times a power tool won't fit where a screw or other fastener must be accessed. Music making tools also may not fit, in some cases. Too big, too small, wrong shape, wrong attachment etc ...then account for myriad artistic differences.
and how many screws have been striped by an electric driver where the good old fashoned tork of a strong manual driver would have done the job better?
thats the problem with people. they tend to move on from things that were better and less complicated :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:32 pm
glokraw wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:34 pm There are many times a power tool won't fit where a screw or other fastener must be accessed. Music making tools also may not fit, in some cases. Too big, too small, wrong shape, wrong attachment etc ...then account for myriad artistic differences.
and how many screws have been striped by an electric driver where the good old fashoned tork of a strong manual driver would have done the job better?
thats the problem with people. they tend to move on from things that were better and less complicated :idea:
The problem is, the tools you use are limited. Sure, they're fine for the music you do. But if somebody wants to do complex orchestral scores that even sound remotely close to convincing, the tools you use won't get the job done.

You make it sound like your little world will be more than good enough for everyone and every music possible and that's simply not true.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:36 am
junkboxraider wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:25 am my actual K1.
Are you able to send and receive sysex from your hardware K1 ?
Yes, to my semi-surprise. I've had problems getting my hardware K1 to accept incoming sysex from SoundDiver and MIDI-OX, but with K1v it just worked right away for editing at least. I haven't tried to send patches or banks from K1v to my K1 yet, but I was able to dump banks full of my own patches to K1v and then save that sysex to disk without a problem.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:48 pm
layzer wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:32 pm
The problem is, the tools you use are limited.
shaddup wags, a tool is only limited by the user using it.
just ask your old lady. :idea:

i think its time for you to start living up to your
"i just ignore layzer" statement :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:55 am
wagtunes wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:48 pm The problem is, the tools you use are limited.
shaddup wags, a tool is only limited by the user using it.
just ask your old lady. :idea:
I should unpack my old Apple ][ clone then... Or hire an orchestra, and get back to paper and pencil...

Yes I can walk barefoot to Mekka, it just takes a life time... Nothing wrong with it...

The limit of the user might be a physical one. Technology helps us to overcome limits of the user - you must be a super hero...
Nothing wrong with that either...

Nils,

this a fantastic plug-in, thank you so much! :tu:

Cheers, Björn

Version v1.04 is out:

[Accuracy] LFO behaviour didn't completely match hardware behaviour, especially for higher speed values.
[IMP] Window size is remembered when the plugin editor is closed and reopened.
[FIX] In Solo mode, audio clicks were audible when playing a note while another one was still playing.
[FIX] Audio processing could lead to clicks/pops in some hosts. I personally didn't experience this so feedback & if possible a recording of the issue would help. Thanks. :)
https://k1v.nilsschneider.de - Kawai K1 emulated as VSTi/AU
https://heatvst.com - Android Synthesizer with full VST integration
https://gpuimpulsereverb.de - Use your GPU as reverberation DSP

Just for the record, 1.0.4 stops clicks/pops, It is now usable in projects
Thank You...

Hi Nills, thanks for the update! Some issues I have (Ableton Live 10.1.15, Windows 10 64-bit):

1. Changing presets in Ableton Live's UI (not in the plugin itself) makes Live crash if the plugin UI is closed

2. The clicks: happen only in some of the presets, I recorded two examples: preset IC-3 AnalogBras and preset IB-5 Jazz Organ, you can download here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/za7gli4wl8jet ... s.zip?dl=0

3. It's a request, actually: make the plugin remember a default UI size. In the last update the default UI got bigger and now I have to resize it each time I open a new instance, so it would be nice if the plugin could remember my choice :D

Thanks again for your work on this beautiful plugin :tu:

Yes, I had a similar crash in Reason 10 while changing from one preset to another.

:( just can't adjust it in Orion 6.2 .The plugin is scaled too big for my 19'' screen :o

Thanks anyway Nils !!! :wink: :wink:

The default resolution is 1280x720, is that too large? Opinions please :)
https://k1v.nilsschneider.de - Kawai K1 emulated as VSTi/AU
https://heatvst.com - Android Synthesizer with full VST integration
https://gpuimpulsereverb.de - Use your GPU as reverberation DSP

PietW. wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:25 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:44 pm
PietW. wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:59 pm Class. Runs absolutely stable in FL Studio. GUI is nice and sharp. Is the K5000 coming next? That would be awesome.
didn't Camel Audio do that?
Sorry. I mean the Kawai K5000. :)
I have a K5000s. It’s an amazing additive synthesis beast! It would also be an entirely different league to emulate as opposed to a fairly simple PCM keyboard.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Instruments”