Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

apoclypse wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:49 pmI think a Pipeline Instrument plugin would have been better but imo the Aux track works almost as well for my purposes.
This is exactly my thought :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

They had me at "Support for poly pressure and MPE" <3
Bitwig Certified Trainer

They had me at v5
Say NO to CLAP!

There really should be an additional upgrade discount for people who bought Notion 5, since Studio One 5 pretty much makes it obsolete.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

So AUX Tracks are only routing the HW-Synth Audio, what about the MIDI ? Does it handle the MIDI ? What about a Multi-Timbral Synth, i.e. Yamaha Montage, Roland Integra 7, ... ?

They show Drag-N-Drop of External Instruments from the Browser, do these include the MIDI Instrument track/s ?

jamcat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:19 pm There really should be an additional upgrade discount for people who bought Notion 5, since Studio One 5 pretty much makes it obsolete.
That would make sense
Bitwig Certified Trainer

How are the fonts? Are they improved and easy on eyes, compared to V4? I'm evaluating V4. I like lots of things about Studio One except for poor quality fonts.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:19 pm
Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:14 pm I don't know if people remember, but all this same stuff happened with V4. Servers overwhelmed, people not able to see their existing products in their accounts, much less able to see and access their upgrades. I wish they would get their act together so I could subscribe to Sphere with confidence.
I am very surprised this still happens in this day and age. I somehow managed to register my serial but the site has been pretty much consistently offline for the last 7+ hours.
Perhaps they got a larger crowd then expected? Maybe more people then anticipated wanted to download or register at the same time? It was still kind of early for west coast, I guess not early enough. People were hyped...

Studio One has become very popular over the last couple of years, maybe this is a good sign for Presonus and hopefully lesson learned on the server threshold...

I always wait for Black Friday 50% off sales anyways, so I'm not in a rush to be on a busy server with the rest of the hundreds of thousands of people, perhaps?
When people move the goal posts to make a point, there is no longer an original point to be made.

jamcat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:57 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:08 pm According to sound on sound, V5 adds an Ableton live style clip launching view!

https://www.soundonsound.com/news/preso ... 5-unveiled
Sound on Sound got it wrong.
As is often the case, the article does not support the headline.

Either they were confused by the new Clip Gain Envelopes, they wrote the headline last night, or they're just looking for clicks.
I'm under the impression that the live style clip launcher has been pulled back at the last minute. Atom SQ seems to be more than capable to offer tight integration in that aspect. However, they did not reveal it at the time of S1 launch. Seems like the .0 release seems to be mainly going after Cubase/ProTools camp. While the clip launcher is going to appeal more Ableton/Bitwig/Logic user base hence there might be .1 release around the corner.
resistance is futile. Check my latest mix: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=532758

blizzard wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:42 pm
jamcat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:57 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:08 pm According to sound on sound, V5 adds an Ableton live style clip launching view!

https://www.soundonsound.com/news/preso ... 5-unveiled
Sound on Sound got it wrong.
As is often the case, the article does not support the headline.

Either they were confused by the new Clip Gain Envelopes, they wrote the headline last night, or they're just looking for clicks.
I'm under the impression that the live style clip launcher has been pulled back at the last minute. Atom SQ seems to be more than capable to offer tight integration in that aspect. However, they did not reveal it at the time of S1 launch. Seems like the .0 release seems to be mainly going after Cubase/ProTools camp. While the clip launcher is going to appeal more Ableton/Bitwig/Logic user base hence there might be .1 release around the corner.
Ah, so they're going to rope us in to upgrading while they still have our respect, and then dumb it down once they have our money?

I really hope not. :scared:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I never actually saw anything official that said "Ableton-style clip launcher." Just people posting on forums or blogs predicting it. Looks more like a kind of next-level Mainstage.

Chrisk-K wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:31 pm How are the fonts? Are they improved and easy on eyes, compared to V4? I'm evaluating V4. I like lots of things about Studio One except for poor quality fonts.
No change, still the same dreadful fonts from what I've seen... and nothing in added to the preferences to do anything about it since V4.0. It's the worst thing about Studio One and it's not been properly addressed in 5 years. The V4.0 colour pallet is worse than what it was in V3.0, no change there either. Oh and apart from the incredible amount of bugs there has been in the past 2 years.

Those who have bought it, had better do some deep investigations into just how buggy this version is... before they get serious with it. V4 was horrendous.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

oneway wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:11 am I never actually saw anything official that said "Ableton-style clip launcher." Just people posting on forums or blogs predicting it. Looks more like a kind of next-level Mainstage.
It seems at least plausible that a feature might've been deemed not ready for primetime and pulled at the last minute. That's one that means very little to me personally, but I wouldn't be upset if they went down that road in the current release cycle.

There is no Ableton style clip launcher. Sound and Sound was assuming (like most of us) that the Show page stuff was a new clip launcher like feature.

I'm very sad we didn't get an actual clip launcher and with the Show Page it makes it even less likely now.

eclipxe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:22 am There is no Ableton style clip launcher. Sound and Sound was assuming (like most of us) that the Show page stuff was a new clip launcher like feature.

I'm very sad we didn't get an actual clip launcher and with the Show Page it makes it even less likely now.
You're probably right about the confusion but I don't think it makes it LESS likely.

Look, Studio One is a primarily a linear DAW and I personally think it's silly for it to try to be a "performance DAW" like Ableton or Bitwig. I'm a big believer in staying in your lane and doing a few things really well versus being a jack of all trades.

But at the same time, I think the "Show Page" (which is a stupid name, I'm sorry Presonus) seems to serve an entirely different function than what Ableton or Bitwig are doing. So I don't think it makes it LESS likely that S1 will get a clip launcher as I see those things and not having anything to do with each other personally. To me it's almost like saying "Studio One has a Project Page for mastering so it won't get a clip launcher." They just don't have much to do with one another IMO.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”