Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Can anyone think of a product that's had a worse launch day from a technical perspective? I mean, it went on sale 9.5 hours ago and I haven't been able to log on once. This is the worst product launch I can remember from anyone, and I've been around for more of these "the server is getting slammed" events than I care to admit.

I'm sure the IT folks at Presonus are having a really bad day, and that's going to turn into a bad week once the boss wants to know how the hell things went wrong. Been in those meetings. Not fun. Unless they've outsourced their infracture/IT work, at which point...well good for you then!

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:17 am
Chrisk-K wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:31 pm How are the fonts? Are they improved and easy on eyes, compared to V4? I'm evaluating V4. I like lots of things about Studio One except for poor quality fonts.
No change, still the same dreadful fonts from what I've seen... and nothing in added to the preferences to do anything about it since V4.0. It's the worst thing about Studio One and it's not been properly addressed in 5 years. The V4.0 colour pallet is worse than what it was in V3.0, no change there either.
I've watched a couple review videos. Disappointing....

Chrisk-K wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:59 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:17 am
Chrisk-K wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:31 pm How are the fonts? Are they improved and easy on eyes, compared to V4? I'm evaluating V4. I like lots of things about Studio One except for poor quality fonts.
No change, still the same dreadful fonts from what I've seen... and nothing in added to the preferences to do anything about it since V4.0. It's the worst thing about Studio One and it's not been properly addressed in 5 years. The V4.0 colour pallet is worse than what it was in V3.0, no change there either.
I've watched a couple review videos. Disappointing....
Posted a video about it several weeks back...highlighting this very aspect, when compared to V2..

Presonus can't be bothered or are just too short-sighted to do anything about it...here's V2 and whilst it's somewhat dated GUI wise, it is in many areas, far better, with better clarity, with greater depth.

https://youtu.be/3x9EFmAdjMU
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Great update! Pretty much everything I want in DP10. I'm not switching, far too many DAWs on my mac as it is, but an outstanding list of improvements!

The new score editor, dedicated Listen Buss, and extended mixer scenes have me welling with respect for PreSonus. If they were to add a clip launcher that would wreck it for me.

If they are planning on adding a clip launcher in the future, they should make it a paid add-on.
They could give it to people for free if they register an ATOM SQ. That would be a win-win for everyone.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:37 am Can anyone think of a product that's had a worse launch day from a technical perspective?
Obamacare. :lol:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

oneway wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:11 am I never actually saw anything official that said "Ableton-style clip launcher." Just people posting on forums or blogs predicting it. Looks more like a kind of next-level Mainstage.
So the Show Page has no way to launch clips? Was ready this morning to purchase the upgrade but thanks to their server issues and having more time to look at the new feature details, I don't see anything about multithreading (or performance) and nothing to urge me to do the upgrade. Studio One is struggling lately with some heavy projects and not able to use all the available CPU... my windows meter stays around 60% but Studio One is maxed out...

If I am not mistaken, most of the last few Studio One updates were almost immediately followed by FL Studio updates. Did anyone else ever notice that coincidence? Since Studio 5 is a major release, I wonder if FL Studio 21 will be released in the near future.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Chrisk-K wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:31 pmHow are the fonts? Are they improved and easy on eyes, compared to V4? I'm evaluating V4. I like lots of things about Studio One except for poor quality fonts.
What screen size & resolution you're running on? What is your Windows scaing factor? Do you have high-DPI support enabled in Studio One itself?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Rik wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:24 amI don't see anything about multithreading (or performance) and nothing to urge me to do the upgrade. Studio One is struggling lately with some heavy projects and not able to use all the available CPU... my windows meter stays around 60% but Studio One is maxed out...
Have you even tried understanding anything about DSP? The situation you describe - DSP is close to 100%, CPU shows (much) less - is pretty typical in certain situations in all DAWs, so complaining like that without any specifics about your project structure, VSTs used, length of device chains, routing, etc. pretty is useless...
Music tech enthusiast

Bounce early, bounce often - 4 words that will save your hairline if you’re hitting a CPU ceiling in a DAW. Bounce, deactivate, profit.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Was almost ready to impulse-buy the Studio 5 upgrade from JRRShop, but saw that the typical voucher codes got disabled (and now the site is down). Same with AudioDeluxe and its SUMMER2020 code. That small difference is what can tip a scale :D

Any other vendor that might still run with a small discount?

Small things, but make whole lot of difference on a 15'' laptop where screen space is at premium :)

Auto-expanding inserts/sends:

Track-coloured plugin window header:

Music tech enthusiast

BeeDog wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:49 am Was almost ready to impulse-buy the Studio 5 upgrade from JRRShop, but saw that the typical voucher codes got disabled (and now the site is down). Same with AudioDeluxe and its SUMMER2020 code. That small difference is what can tip a scale :D

Any other vendor that might still run with a small discount?
Check out these posts:

viewtopic.php?p=7825561#p7825561

viewtopic.php?p=7825574#p7825574
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, but in my account it says "Upgrade to PreSonus Sphere
You are eligible for 1 year free of PreSonus Sphere (which includes Studio One 5 Professional and much more), or an upgrade to Studio One 5 Professional. Choose the option you prefer." but alas when I click, I am offered only 4 months Sphere for free :?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”