Free Patches for Synapse Audio OBsession (currently 122 patches)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

4 new patches "Blade Brass IW", "Eight Voice Strings IW", "Low Fifths Bass IW" and "Pulsar Pad IW" added to the new patches collection (now 25 patches):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8k7vg0b6alnq ... 0.zip?dl=1
The download includes a folder with NKS presets for the Komplete Kontrol and Maschine plugins
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Love the JX-8P Stab, really nice vintage-analog patch!

The Subdivisions patch sounds great too, particularly on low notes. :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Hi Richard,

many thanks for the kind words. :)
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I am currently doing new patches and already got 13 new ones so far (at the moment 38 new patches overall).

Besides that i started to export the new patches as "*.repatch" files for the new RE (Rack Extension) version of OBsession. This is possible with the VST plugin.
Ingo Weidner

An update of the new patches collection (date: 16.07.2020) with 13 new patches (overall 38 patches in the collection):
The new patches that were added are:
- 5 Octave Saw Lead IW
- Aquatarkus Lead IW
- Four Pulses Pad IW
- Goomy Lead IW
- Logos-ish Lead IW
- Reed-y Lead IW
- Rezzy Bandpass Lead IW
- Rich EVS Strings IW
- SEMmy Rez Sweep Pad IW
- Solina Violin Ensemble IW
- Streethawk Brass IW
- Swell Pad IW
- Terminator Brass IW

NOTE:
The download contains 4 folders with the patches as fxp files (unsorted patches + sorted by category in sub-folders), as NKS presets and as *.Repatch files for the RE version of Obsession.

The download is also found in the collection at the sccond post of this thread.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:37 am An update of the new patches collection (date: 16.07.2020) with 13 new patches (overall 38 patches in the collection):
The new patches that were added are:
- 5 Octave Saw Lead IW
- Aquatarkus Lead IW
- Four Pulses Pad IW
- Goomy Lead IW
- Logos-ish Lead IW
- Reed-y Lead IW
- Rezzy Bandpass Lead IW
- Rich EVS Strings IW
- SEMmy Rez Sweep Pad IW
- Solina Violin Ensemble IW
- Streethawk Brass IW
- Swell Pad IW
- Terminator Brass IW

NOTE:
The download contains 4 folders with the patches as fxp files (unsorted patches + sorted by category in sub-folders), as NKS presets and as *.Repatch files for the RE version of Obsession.

The download is also found in the collection at the sccond post of this thread.
The first version of the *.Repatch files did not seem to work in the RE plugin (which i cant test myself...) but this should be fixed now and the download was updated with the new *.Repatch files. I received a confirmation that the updated files should work in the RE plugin.
Ingo Weidner

Curious, why do you have the 72 patches as a different download as these 38 or am I misunderstanding...
Why not everytime you update the zip put everything in one download?
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:50 pm Curious, why do you have the 72 patches as a different download as these 38 or am I misunderstanding...
thanks
rsp
The 72 patches were created during the Beta but not included in the factory presets and the 38 new ones are new patches created AFTER the Beta (and/or after the official release). Together with the 134 factory presets those are 244 patches that i created so far.

I might add an additional download with the currently 110 patches that were not included in the factory presets.

When i decide to add the new patches to the download section of the plugin database like i already did with the 72 sorted out patches i might replace that one with a single download.
I am talking about this: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/obsess ... /downloads
The target is to post the download for the patches there so it is easy to find without having to search for this thread.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Oh I understood the genesis of them, I was just curious why at this stage you don't just combine them.
Since Obsession is out and they aren't in the factory bank.

Thanks.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:17 pm Oh I understood the genesis of them, I was just curious why at this stage you don't just combine them.
Since Obsession is out and they aren't in the factory bank.

Thanks.
rsp
Sooner or later i will combine them anyway, especially when i want to update the download at the OBsession page in the KVR plugin database. At some point this thread might just "die" and the KVR plugin database then is the only place for the download.

Until then the download for the new patches is always also found in the UPDATE section at the second post of this thread so you do not have to search for it in the thread.
Ingo Weidner

Got ya.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

(edited)
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Currently i am dong more Lead sounds with OBsession and IMHO you can get quite amazing results with it there.
With a combination of the Dual mode and Unison it is possible to get a sound that plays at up to 8 octaves at the same time!!!

With the Dual mode you get up to 4 physical Oscs where each can play at it's own octave and additionally with the SEMI parameter in the voice trimmers each voice can be tuned between -24 and +24 semitones (relative to the tuning of the main oscillators). This means that the Unison voices can be tuned up to 2 octaves lower and additionally 2 octves higher than the 4 main oscillators. This results in a range of 8 octaves for a single note.
Of course you can also add intervals like e.g. a fifths with either the main oscillators or with the unison or combine both of them.

Overall you can get results that are impossible with monophonic synths and also with most polyphonic analog emulations.
Ingo Weidner

zvenx wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:50 pm Curious, why do you have the 72 patches as a different download as these 38 or am I misunderstanding...
thanks
rsp
As you suggested the download (and also the text) in the first post (original post) of this thread now includes a single download for the 72 sorted out patches and 50 new patches (12 that were just added) resulting in 122 patches overall.
Together with the factory presets so far i created 256 patches for OBsession.

The second post of the thread includes the 50 new patches for those who don't need the 72 sorted out patches. The downloads for single atches were removed.

Both downloads now include the fxp files, NKS presets and *,Repatch files for the RE plugin.

The 12 new patches that were added in both downloads are:
- 4th Wave Lead IW
- 4VCO Sync Lead IW
- 1981 4VCO Lead IW
- Brassey Quadrilogy Lead IW
- Eight Octaves Saw Lead IW
- Major Third Lead IW
- Moogy Fifths Lead IW
- Mosquito Lead IW
- Porta Lead IW
- Sharknado Lead IW
- Warm FM Piano IW
- XXLead IW
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Suggested not requested :)
But thanks.

edit: ah you changed it to suggested. thanks.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Return to “Soundware”