The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think i'm just tolerant/understanding to people's behaviours. ;)

Maybe I should listen to the 27 people in the poll who say my music sucks and not do anything. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:36 pm Maybe I should listen to the 27 people in the poll who say my music sucks and not do anything. :lol:
It add up to more than 27 the other choices, so greater than 50% do want you to make your concept CD.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:24 pm Sure, because we all sing songs to our synthesizers. :lol:
i used to. now we are past all the wooing stage and we just get straight to kissin!

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:47 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:24 pm Sure, because we all sing songs to our synthesizers. :lol:
i used to. now we are past all the wooing stage and we just get straight to kissin!
Well, that's an image forever burnt into my brain.

Here's something to pass the time while waiting for my first disco track.

A piano concerto I wrote about 7 years ago.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... or-opus-33

looking forward to your falsetto

polarsky wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:22 pm looking forward to your falsetto
LMAO. NO, I am NOT doing Barry Gibb. :lol:

My you do have a hefty list of songs Wagtunes!

Which songs did you say i should listen to? at the start of the thread do you mean?

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:59 pm My you do have a hefty list of songs Wagtunes!

Which songs did you say i should listen to? at the start of the thread do you mean?
Well, the early stuff was still when my mixing was pretty bad. Plus, I was using Vocaloid which is an acquired taste.

You probably want to start with when I started singing myself. That would be around page 45 or so.

To make it easy for you, listen to any one of these CDs

Untitled Masterpiece
Still Out Of Sync
The Cool Cat In The Wind
Queen For A Day
We Are John Doe
In The Blink Of An Eye
Chroma
RPM
RPM II
Hammers And Nails
Outtakes II

You can find them all at my Soundcloud page so you don't have to go hunting through this thread.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim

Then just go to Playlists and pick out the one you want. It's a lot easier than wading through this ridiculously long thread.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:44 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:59 pm My you do have a hefty list of songs Wagtunes!

Well, the early stuff was still when my mixing was pretty bad. Plus, I was using Vocaloid which is an acquired taste.

You probably want to start with when I started singing myself. That would be around page 45 or so.

Untitled Masterpiece
Still Out Of Sync
The Cool Cat In The Wind
Queen For A Day
We Are John Doe
In The Blink Of An Eye
Chroma
RPM
RPM II
Hammers And Nails
Outtakes II

You can find them all at my Soundcloud page so you don't have to go hunting through this thread.

Then just go to Playlists and pick out the one you want. It's a lot easier than wading through this ridiculously long thread.
OK thanks Wagtunes. I've had a look, and i'll have a listen but not today.

Outtakes II, that's the one i like! So is that old then?

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:24 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:44 pm

Untitled Masterpiece
Still Out Of Sync
The Cool Cat In The Wind
Queen For A Day
We Are John Doe
In The Blink Of An Eye
Chroma
RPM
RPM II
Hammers And Nails
Outtakes II

OK thanks Wagtunes. I've had a look, and i'll have a listen but not today.

Outtakes II, that's the one i like! So is that old then?
The oldest one is at the top. It's in chronological order from oldest to newest.

1st and title track from my upcoming CD "Disco Everywhere"

This song started out to be a total train wreck. In fact, it was so bad that I had to scrap it and start from scratch. I was starting to think that this was just a bad idea all around. Eventually, it started to come together, even going as far as recording a measure at a time to make sure I got everything just right.

Anybody who thinks doing "decent" disco is easy has no clue. This is without a doubt the toughest thing I've ever attempted musically. Comparing it to my other recent tracks, I think it holds up well. But I'll let you be the judge of that. Really curious to know what all you people who wanted to hear me do disco think.

Disco Everywhere

And the lights come on
And the room is jumping all around
All your cares are gone
And you're lifted up by the sound

Dance it
Baby take me
Baby won't you chance it
You know that you can make me
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Feel good
In your arms
Baby if you would
Let me feel your charms
Disco there
Disco everywhere

Can't you feel the beat
While I spin you all around the floor
You know it's a treat
And you know that you want some more

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... everywhere

I think I'm gonna dig WagsDisco. Dance it, baby!

The strings arrangement is great! This is going to be a fun album. :)

I'm not so sure about the snare sound. I would like to hear something closer to a clap.

Hi Wags... I don't think you and I have ever had a conversation before but I have been listening to your music and I admire your work and efforts.
I can see you doing metal, much in the Black Sabbath vain.
Good luck with your future work.
Regards,
Michael.

Return to “Music Cafe”