u-he on Apple silicon (Updated)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't get the point of this thread. No news, no information and discussions on unrelated topics.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:18 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:05 pm Evidence sir.
rsp
Even 2 years back they had like 70k downloads daily. That is a LOT.

https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=186749

A bunch of those downloads become recurring users.
dls don't equal sales, or usage

at that rate, in approx ten years, there would be 1 billion FL users, and i very much doubt that is the case... even after 20 years

Gregorius wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:34 pm Don't get the point of this thread. No news, no information and discussions on unrelated topics.
Sadly I played my part in going OT. Apologies to Urs.

The purpose I believe is for Urs to let us know that his software will work on Apple Silicon and he is already working on it.
rsp
sound sculptist

Good point, apologies. Carry on.

Heh, now apple will really show you guys how to make a profit from over-pricing. :tu:
Wonder what the markup on those chips is going to be, 1000% ?

Thanks Urs for supporting all relevant platforms and caring about your customers! I think the sole purpose of this thread is to let a significant part of the user base know that u-he continue developing for their platform... (why some understand this as an invitation for platform debates/wars, I don't get - wrong thread, wrong company, wrong everything).

And I am pretty sure that Urs knows the business better than most of us. Still remember him as a one person business (back from the OSX Audio/Big Blue Lounge days :-) - I even did a few presets for the original Zebra back then), and he's still here, providing us with great stuff, while other companies disappeared into nirvana. Guess he does something right then, both design/product and business wise.

Urs wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:11 pm I don't have the energy to explain business models here. I'll let peeps know well in advance when I need valuable advice from strangers who have never seen any of our numbers, let alone those who have no idea what this thread is actually about.
Is this directed at me? My comment was meant in good fun, obviously to be taken with a grain of salt (hence the smiley at the end). I use MacOS myself, as well as Windows and Linux. I'm sorry if this hit a nerve or so, this was not my intention. No need to get angry.

Not angry, just tired of *any* platform arguments.

Huh ... That's weird. Earlier I had a feeling which came over me. I guess it was more like a whisper, which came through the ether, telling me that a platform argument might be taking place, somewhere ... Then the whispers went silent.

Urs wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:56 pm Not angry, just tired of *any* platform arguments.
Linux Roolz woo hoo.... :wheee: :hyper: :party:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:18 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:05 pm Evidence sir.
rsp
Even 2 years back they had like 70k downloads daily. That is a LOT.

https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=186749

A bunch of those downloads become recurring users.
If you look closer, you've just argued against your own point.

Those numbers were published exactly a week after FL Studio 20 was released, the biggest version upgrade they've ever had, for the first time officially introducing a Mac version. It's not "downloads per week/day, any week, any day", it's "downloads that week, those days".

If you factor "296,065 existing users on Win checking out the upgrade" vs. "61,100 Mac users demoing long anticipated newly available DAW", even if you factor in 2 years of beta testing the Mac version prior, it means FL Studio went from 0% Mac to just below 20% Mac in 2 out of 20+ years, thus, if sales correlate to downloads at all, making the Mac version their absolute top seller.

... that week

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:49 am... that week
You mean from 0 to 20% not in two years but in one week? Now, that would be a swift move from one platform to another.

no, I mean the numbers (they give) are from that week, could have gone up or down massively the weeks after (or could be total fiction anyway)

Yes, absolutely.

Return to “u-he”