Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:57 am Could someone please point me to the differences between Studio One 5 Artist and Professional?

Never thought about using a second DAW and I am very happy with FL Studio, but S1 5 Artist at $84 for VST support and unlimited tracks seems interesting to try out someday.

Thank you. :tu:
Here you go:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=546102&p=7827186#p7827186

jamcat wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:56 am
jinotsuh wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:41 am
MadDogE134 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:08 pm when did you get your 15% discount slic? just popped onto audiodeluxe site after reading your comment and in fact it is NOT discounted. :? it is full price with $14.99 deluxe bucks as incentive. at time of initial release it was down to i think $126 or so... no deluxe buck thing. then it was pulled and posted to $149 with the deluxe buck incentive.

also from my reading jrr allowed the 'group' code for discount on initial release then stopped it which reinforces my original speculation :? so if folks can get from best service for a discount i would grab it if you are a mind to purchase because it may eventually get bumped up to retail.
$128.03 at Best Service.
https://www.bestservice.com/studio_one_ ... rades.html

I was lucky, I got in at JRR before it went down for $126 or something.
I'm beginning the suspect the "GROUP' discount put Studio One 5 below cost and likely put JRR Shop out of business. Losing money on every sale but making up for it in volume, and all that.
hmmm, I don't think so, there were 2 Group codes, one applied automatically which came to $126 something, and then the Group code that you entered yourself which took it down to $125 something iirc. He's still in business, he just sent me a PM if he could help with anything I am after while the site is down. I'm trying to think what I want, it's hard when you can't go through looking and everything is right there in front of you.
Say NO to CLAP!

mdstudio wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:57 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:57 am Could someone please point me to the differences between Studio One 5 Artist and Professional?

Never thought about using a second DAW and I am very happy with FL Studio, but S1 5 Artist at $84 for VST support and unlimited tracks seems interesting to try out someday.

Thank you. :tu:
Here you go:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=546102&p=7827186#p7827186
Thank you so much. :tu:

the best service ad a few posts back is what started this end of the conversation :)

actually all businesses are only in business to make money and none sell below cost unless they are forced to liquidate stock which can't be the case in the digital domain. most are only selling serials and licenses... there is nothing to liquidate from bankruptcy or going out of business. most resellers sell pennies above their price and profit from bulk selling... hence the lower price wars. well unless price is dictated to them :) cheers

p.s. last i heard the 'group' code no longer worked for discount at jrr... but again this is based on what i read.. not what i know :) if it is working now that is great. i think it was the lowest price around to start off with. :)
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

It was working when I purchased Studio One Pro upgrade on release, I know that for a fact.
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:24 am
MadDogE134 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:08 pm when did you get your 15% discount slic? just popped onto audiodeluxe site after reading your comment and in fact it is NOT discounted. :? it is full price with $14.99 deluxe bucks as incentive. at time of initial release it was down to i think $126 or so... no deluxe buck thing. then it was pulled and posted to $149 with the deluxe buck incentive.

also from my reading jrr allowed the 'group' code for discount on initial release then stopped it which reinforces my original speculation :? so if folks can get from best service for a discount i would grab it if you are a mind to purchase because it may eventually get bumped up to retail.
$128.03 at Best Service.

I'm beginning the suspect the "GROUP' discount put Studio One 5 below cost and likely put JRR Shop out of business. Losing money on every sale but making up for it in volume, and all that.
hmmm, I don't think so, there were 2 Group codes, one applied automatically which came to $126 something, and then the Group code that you entered yourself which took it down to $125 something iirc. He's still in business, he just sent me a PM if he could help with anything I am after while the site is down. I'm trying to think what I want, it's hard when you can't go through looking and everything is right there in front of you.
Good to hear. It does seem that the shop was taken offline intentionally, though. It was my assumption he did it to stop the bleeding. Is that not the case?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Uncle E has said, over in the Bargain Discussion thread, that Presonus instructed them to remove all site discounts.

Fair enough I guess as it undermines the Presonus shop sales.

jamcat wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:58 am
jinotsuh wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:24 am

$128.03 at Best Service.

Good to hear. It does seem that the shop was taken offline intentionally, though. It was my assumption he did it to stop the bleeding. Is that not the case?
I mean, in that case why not just remove the Studio One upgrade from the shop? Even if they are somehow unable to deactivate the discounts, they lose a ton more money by taking the entire store offline. They don't just sell Studio One...

The shop going down is a technical issue, they tried to get a new landing page up but that had issues too, it's not related to Studio One.

antic604 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:07 pm
apoclypse wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:49 pmI think a Pipeline Instrument plugin would have been better but imo the Aux track works almost as well for my purposes.
This is exactly my thought :)
After playing around with this (and watching Gregor's video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfdUtczw4rI

It seems like you can get the Aux channels and Midi track channel to link. You just have to make sure to create the channel first set some settings on it and in the instrument save as default for that instrument. Delete the Instrument and Aux channel and drag and drop the instrument again in S1, then when you make changes to the track color it affects both the aux and midi channel.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

My current tools are Musescore + Tracktion Waveform. I would get happy enough to have these two combined in one DAW. Gotta look how the notation works in SO 5. I didn't like to use the Notion 6 however when I tried it, so my expectations are not that great.

The other new features - well I can understand they are heavensend to some users, but to me not important.

mrcleats wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:55 am The shop going down is a technical issue, they tried to get a new landing page up but that had issues too, it's not related to Studio One.
That is my understanding.
Say NO to CLAP!

apoclypse wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:30 pm
It seems like you can get the Aux channels and Midi track channel to link. You just have to make sure to create the channel first set some settings on it and in the instrument save as default for that instrument. Delete the Instrument and Aux channel and drag and drop the instrument again in S1, then when you make changes to the track color it affects both the aux and midi channel.
I've not downloaded the trial because I'm waiting till later in the year so not to waste a trial period with things that might be of more interest, but I do have one question. Instead of exporting the hardware instrument/audio combo track instrument that's new in version 5, can you not bounce the track down from the Bounce to Track option from the right click menu, so you have the audio track below that of the hardware instrument track, without using the big popup window ?

Thanks..
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Does anyone know if any of the Presonus audio interfaces or the ATOM pad controller come with the new SO 5 or just SO 4?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”