Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

m-ac wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:15 pm
msvs wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:58 am the new Avenger drum browser, you can now freely browse through all installed Expansion drumkits and load single samples like claps, kicks, hats etc... Furthermore there will be over 1500 new optimized drumloops to run through the zPlane timestretch algo. This is a lot of fun

https://youtu.be/haiLNhpywyU
Nice. Will there be any sample start/end markers for the loops?
yes you can freely edit the loop, or have a loop-in-loop
Like say I want to see all the Pads I have for all three banks, is this possible?
thanks in advance.
sorry, this isnt possible

msvs wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:32 pm
m-ac wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:15 pm
msvs wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:58 am the new Avenger drum browser, you can now freely browse through all installed Expansion drumkits and load single samples like claps, kicks, hats etc... Furthermore there will be over 1500 new optimized drumloops to run through the zPlane timestretch algo. This is a lot of fun

https://youtu.be/haiLNhpywyU
Nice. Will there be any sample start/end markers for the loops?
yes you can freely edit the loop, or have a loop-in-loop
Like say I want to see all the Pads I have for all three banks, is this possible?
thanks in advance.
Cheers. As far as viewing all pads (for example), it is possible. Just hit the little search icon to expand the preset menu and select pads from the left hand side.

Thanks both for a response. :)
Yep that works m-ac.
Thanks, Maybe Manuel misunderstood my question.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:53 pm Thanks both for a response. :)
Yep that works m-ac.
rsp
I just know the synth better than he does :P

m-ac wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:56 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:53 pm Thanks both for a response. :)
Yep that works m-ac.
rsp
I just know the synth better than he does :P
Lol.
That was the other possibility.
I quickly ruled that out from the valid possibilities....lol
rsp
sound sculptist

indeed I got it wrong, of course the search page do what you desire :)

Lol..... Indeed it does.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:16 pm I think he had told me a year or so when I last asked.
I just noticed on youtube Manuel says the release will be either 2021 or 2022, so we may have over 2 years to wait, oh well.

mitchiemasha wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:52 pm
msvs wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:58 pm ...
What would make a parameter visible to the hardware?

Thank you
This is what I was on about earlier...

The first picture shows some of the Avenger parameters that can be "grabbed". The Auto Grab gives us the first 5 pages of 11 parameters each, 8 knobs, 3 buttons. Using the Learn function we can overwrite them with any parameter that can be grabbed from the VTS. Avengers Filters, Macros and Envelopes can't be grabbed but many others can be. They don't present themselves via whatever the DAWs way of doing this is, I will find out that term soon.

Here we can see Nexus "Home" page.

The P6 will automatically jump to this page when we select the Track in Cubase, if "instrument" is pressed above the screen. If mixer is pressed we still have control of Cubases EQ and Quick controls etc via the same kind of menu system.

Here we can see Nexus "Main" page.

Notice how the buttons are named to access the different sections. If we press Reverb for instance, we get this page (The last button also is the menu to bring up all the pages, which the encoder can now navigate to select).

This is the deeper level of integration we can program into the P series. We can program many pages and sub menus to control the parameters the VST makes visible. organising everything into neat groups. The buttons to turn things on or off, or as quick access to a sub menu (a new set of encoders) related to that pages purpose.

We can even set the faders to be an Envelopes page and these will remain the Envelopes, no matter what other page we are currently in.

That's 8 more faders, 8 more knobs and 8 more buttons.

This is a HUGE level of integration. If the parameters become available... I will map Avenger for it and offer the file free. Meaning the Nektar T series will have an editable version too. It'll be basic at first as the size of Avengers controls is INSANE!

Did I also mention the P series has a MOTORISED FADER, which always follows the currently selected track in the DAW, separated from the rest of the integration. There's even a Standalone piece of software being ported (it's for the T series) so we can easily rename all the folders and knobs... but it's pointless if the main controls don't present themselves via whatever the protocol is that I don't know the name of yet.

This is almost perfect and it'd be a dream if it worked.

Hope my post was easy to follow and thank you for your awesome work. I love Avenger, it's the best.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

It's worth adding... If we press the "internal" mode button, 4th at the top, we now get the standard midi cc operation which does work as expected but this wont give us the visual display named knobs so we know before we touch and the CC's need to be mapped to be consistent across all, standard limitations of the CC way.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Has anyone heard anything about them moving away from Codemeter for licensing?

Right now I own a license but can't use it because whenever I install Codemeter it breaks a bunch of other things on my computer (some other VSTs fail to load, some other software doesn't run, etc).

There are several hundred pages of comments in this very thread that make clear Codemeter is here to stay for Avenger for the foreseeable future. For better, worse, or indifferent (and I dislike CodeMeter as much as anyone and refuse to install it), it's time to accept this and move on.

m-ac wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:43 am
zvenx wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:16 pm I think he had told me a year or so when I last asked.
I just noticed on youtube Manuel says the release will be either 2021 or 2022, so we may have over 2 years to wait, oh well.
To me that may be good news...... Hopefully lots of improvements/additional optimisations and new features :)
rsp
sound sculptist

I really like the look and the loop function in Avenger 2.0.

I hope there will be come Round Robin and Velocity import for Multisamples too.
That would be so amazing and opens the possibilities much more.

And Midi 2 Arp converting import. Also for Chords :)

I would also pay an update fee of € 50 if this feature would come.

Can't wait! :clap: :tu:
Last edited by Demuvi on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Unless I am misunderstanding something this is possible. Be sure to not choose/click on an expansion icon, click the magnifying glass in the right corner. Categories show up on the left side with results on the right. So if you click on pads every pad that you have should show up on the right. I just verified that this does work for Factory and Syntruments. I do not have any other expansion so this could cause things to be different although I have no clue why it shouldn't work the same.

Return to “Instruments”