All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:10 pm
cptgone wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:50 pm My EHX Memory Man With Hazarai arrived in good shape.
If you're anything like me, going for the cheaper EHX Memory Boy Deluxe is a false economy. I esp. enjoyed the looper and reverse echo 8)
not really, let the father take the son for a walk for example.
nice little family.

(plug them in together in case my metaphor didnt work) rev in to a short delayverb with plenty of feedback, thickens out the rev delay.
or more repeats, always fun.
Speaking of which ...

skipscada wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:01 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:10 pm
cptgone wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:50 pm My EHX Memory Man With Hazarai arrived in good shape.
If you're anything like me, going for the cheaper EHX Memory Boy Deluxe is a false economy. I esp. enjoyed the looper and reverse echo 8)
not really, let the father take the son for a walk for example.
nice little family.

(plug them in together in case my metaphor didnt work) rev in to a short delayverb with plenty of feedback, thickens out the rev delay.
or more repeats, always fun.
Speaking of which ...

see. lovely times :)

cptgone wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:55 pm
khanyz wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:38 pm I decided against any Riot based pedals as my Marshall Guvnor does similar things very well. Similar reason for not getting the Mosky D250X, I have two D250s already.
Good thinking.

Most people emerge from the pedal rabbit hole embarassed to find they bought lots of redundant circuits.
I just emerged with an empty wallet and a month’s wait, just like Vegas :oops:
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

cptgone wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:55 pm
khanyz wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:38 pm I decided against any Riot based pedals as my Marshall Guvnor does similar things very well. Similar reason for not getting the Mosky D250X, I have two D250s already.
Good thinking.

Most people emerge from the pedal rabbit hole embarassed to find they bought lots of redundant circuits.
you mean you?
mr 5000567 pedals.

There are far worse than me. People with loads of similar overdrives, boosts... I never joined the quest for perfect tone, and don't have to worry about interaction with amps.
Also, by the time I started buying pedals, there was a lot of know how around, and an unsurpassed range of products to pick: I enjoy the wisdom of hindsight, so to say.

I do have redundancies though, to some extent:
- in the fuzz dept some pedals overlap somewhat
- some pedals feature on both my guitar and synth boards
- I've been buying cheap mini pedals to couple up with specific synths (while my synth board is working on other synths)

no such thing as redundant fuzz.
fuzzy logic.

cptgone wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:31 pm Meanwhile I paid for a used Bonamassa Fuzz Face FFM4 :party:
In one of the Dunlop shoutouts, the big Bonamassa sounded better than all the other Fuzz Faces to me. I bet the FFM4 will sound amazing. :)

Also, I read that the FFM4 has an internal bias pot. That would be worth playing with.

^
Good to know, thanks Uncle E 8)

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:32 pm no such thing as redundant fuzz.
fuzzy logic.
Tell me about it.
I went for a last drive with my tc Honey Pot, compared her to my Muff reissues, then swapped her for my new Thorpy Fallout Cloud.
And now... I'm not so sure I want to sell my Honey Pot after all :dog:

That remind me of the story of Jimi Hendrix's guitar tech. Jimi wasn't happy with the sound of any of his fuzz pedals and had the tech swap them out. After going through all the pedals, the tech swaps the first fuzz back in and Jimi says "That's the one, you should have given me that one first."

Human nature in a purple psychedelic nutshell.

"You could definitively use these pedals to contribute to some unhealthy behaviour in life"
https://youtu.be/4oDzw99BEJY?t=66

they do look quite nice!
will have to give the vid a watch to hear those!
my wallet is itching at the look of them though.

Do you guys like that fuzz sound? I genuinely want to know if there's a market for this sort of thing.

I do (but I'm weird. I listen to Sonic Youth and industrial music)
If I had more money, I'd own most of the JPTR range.

Return to “Guitars”