Is asking for a minimum of 50 posts too much before doing business with someone in the marketplace?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Solution: print the numbers on a piece of paper, and ship by snail mail so you get tracking ID's.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Hmm yea that's a good point.. there are some other precautions you can take too, like insisting on an email confirming the sale from the buyer's PayPal email.

EDIT: but that would require faith in PayPal's dispute resolution being objective, which I no longer have based on personal experience. Again I think it also depends on which country you're from. The fail-safe (relatively speaking) is to not deal with new members, and I'm happy sticking to to older members at a slightly lower price the next time I need to sell something.

Note: Starting in August, Paypal will now provide Seller Protection for digital goods:

For the sale of intangible goods and services to be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection, the
sale must meet the basic requirements and the following additional requirements:
 Integration requirements:
 Where you have integrated a PayPal checkout product, you must:
o be using the current version of that product if you are accepting payments directly via a website or mobile optimised website; or
o ensure you are passing session information to PayPal at checkout if you are integrated with PayPal via a third-party or if you have a native app integration.
 Other integration requirements may apply depending on your business model. We will let you know those requirements ahead of time, if needed.
 For the sale of digital goods or licenses for digital content to be eligible for Seller Protection, you must have paid Standard Transaction Fee on the sale.
 Delivered the item and provide Proof of shipment or delivery for Intangible Goods.

NOTE: I have not found Paypal to be helpful, so I would use their policy as a last resort.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Unaspected wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:14 pm
revvy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:02 am Maybe you're just too demanding.
Maybe I'm just like my father, too bold.
Maybe you're just like my mother

elxsound wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:38 am
She's never satisfied.

delete

maschinelf wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:03 pm The risk is PayPal being deliberately one sided or biased. Might differ from country to country and depending on your country's laws, but another possible complication is that some transactions might involve two or more countries.
If this is true, that there is a risk of PayPal being biased. The fee the seller's paying, but often asks the buyer to compensate for, is no guarantee that the buyer gets the money back in case of him/her getting scammed?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

maschinelf wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:03 pm The risk is PayPal being deliberately one sided or biased. Might differ from country to country and depending on your country's laws, but another possible complication is that some transactions might involve two or more countries.

In my particular case having the kvr conversations, emails and other relevant info didn't make a difference. I almost felt like PayPal are obligated to decide in favour of the buyer and didn't even bother checking any of the stuff I submitted as evidence. I also searched around and found that this is not just a problem with individual sellers like on kvr, but even registered sellers with legit businesses face this problem, and PayPal is clearly biased in favour of settling disputes in favour of buyers. I think it also makes a difference if something was actually shipped and there is proof of that, because despite my repeating it multiple times that it was an online transfer of serial numbers, they kept asking for a tracking ID and basically ruled in his favour because there was none.

I'd actually feel safer buying from a new kvr member than selling to one.
I hope you made the decision to abandon pp forever?

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:17 am .. no guarantee that the buyer gets the money back in case of him/her getting scammed?
IIRC the entire amount was refunded so that would include fees.

In my particular case having the kvr conversations, emails and other relevant info didn't make a difference. I almost felt like PayPal are obligated to decide in favour of the buyer and didn't even bother checking any of the stuff I submitted as evidence. I also searched around and found that this is not just a problem with individual sellers like on kvr, but even registered sellers with legit businesses face this problem, and PayPal is clearly biased in favour of settling disputes in favour of buyers. I think it also makes a difference if something was actually shipped and there is proof of that, because despite my repeating it multiple times that it was an online transfer of serial numbers, they kept asking for a tracking ID and basically ruled in his favour because there was none.

I'd actually feel safer buying from a new kvr member than selling to one.
In what way could the buyer scam the seller though? Isn't it the buyer the one who risks everything at first because he's the first one who gives the money?

Unaspected wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:38 am
elxsound wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:38 am
She's never satisfied.
Why do we scream at each other?

This is what it sounds like, when nerds post.
A well-behaved signature.

But yeah, V0RT3X, I think your request is reasonable, and frankly, you're free to place whatever requirements/restrictions on your sales you want, just as buyers are free to decide under what conditions they'll buy.
A well-behaved signature.

I think it' safer to look for users feedbacks.

elhendil wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:27 am I think it' safer to look for users feedbacks.
Yes, 50 positive feedbacks.

Nice to see people finally aware of lack of seller protection on digital goods.
I've warned about this for years at this forum but no one seemed to care!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

djmagn wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:43 am In what way could the buyer scam the seller though? Isn't it the buyer the one who risks everything at first because he's the first one who gives the money?
I believe I already did explain this before, and even in the quoted post. I can't say for sure whether or not it's an exact thing so YMMV. I'll also add that one is free to carry on believing that if it makes them feel better. I did too for years until it happened to me and I realised PayPal guarantees mean squat, atleast for me.

If you want more info about the transaction, feel free to pm me.
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Yes, 50 positive feedbacks.

Nice to see people finally aware of lack of seller protection on digital goods.
I've warned about this for years at this forum but no one seemed to care!
Yea exactly, I think this is the only way to be more certain. Tbh I'm still not sure people are finally aware of it or acknowledge it as something to watch for.

It's good to be skeptical and someone like djmagn is asking sensible questions, but there are also others that seem dismissive or snarky.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”