2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hmm a reverb and octave pedal, suppose that could self oscillate, youd have the octave being picked up by the reverb and growing i imagine?

elxsound wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:30 pm I'll plug the guitar in next... but I was really curious to see how nicely these played with stereo synths, but aside from Sonar, I think I like my in the box reverb plugins best (especially because of the mono aspect of these) but I can't wait to plug the guitar in next. I'm not a guitarist, but considering how these are known as ambient verbs, I should do alright getting something nice out of them.
i realised a long time ago, im no guitarist, i just happen to use one to play the fx :hihi:

vurt wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:32 pm
elxsound wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:30 pm I'll plug the guitar in next... but I was really curious to see how nicely these played with stereo synths, but aside from Sonar, I think I like my in the box reverb plugins best (especially because of the mono aspect of these) but I can't wait to plug the guitar in next. I'm not a guitarist, but considering how these are known as ambient verbs, I should do alright getting something nice out of them.
i realised a long time ago, im no guitarist, i just happen to use one to play the fx :hihi:
I can't even fake it... My good timing would just give it away. :band2:

My brother is a guitarist, who became a bassist (because he got more gigs here than being yet another guitarist in the city). He's still a good guitarist and yeah... I play it for the fx!

After buying a Prophet 5 Rev 3.3 in the latter half of 2019, I told myself that was it, no more. So this year so far I've bought:

Korg MS10
RE201 Space Echo
AMS DMX 15-80S

So now I'm telling myself no more. Honestly.

looks like the tides coming in.
maybe tomorrow, maybe next week...

Finally received the Acidbox3. Bad ass. One thing I wanted it for was to have the ability to make soft synths sound more analog. Checked that box with ease - just add some input gain and turn down the cutoff knob a bit to shave off some of the top end. Instant weight and solidity. The more digital the synth, the greater the difference. Omnisphere sounds amazing.

Now to figure out the how to make the most of the LFO (now syncd) and envelope follower functions..

I’m also trying to figure out proper gain staging as that has a substantial impact on the sound.

I’m using it only as an insert, as there’s too much phasing as a send (at least in Waveform).

Also, the new Clarett 4pre was a definite audible upgrade from the Scarlett 6i6gen2 - my OB-6 sounds the same now in my DAW as it does if I plug headphones into the jack in back.
Last edited by vitocorleone123 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

just ordered a slate VMS ML-1.. haven't upgraded my mic in forever, can't wait to see what it can do!

Might be a few around here would be interested in this for $15:

Circuits and Electronics Book Bundle...

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/circ ... pool-books?

Paid for a used Korg SQ1 (little sequencer) 8)

Picked up a WMD MSCL compressor, after dithering for a while about several other options.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:22 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:28 pm The Dreadbox stuff probably wont be here till the end of the week, so I might borrow a couple of bits out of Beastie.
This was a lie. I lost track of time, but it turned out that they didnt have the Dreadbox VCO module in stock, and they couldnt be arsed telling me.
Finally got the Dreadbox Hysteria VCO yesterday. Its not in the NiftyCase yet, will do that later today.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Gridlocked wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:38 am After buying a Prophet 5 Rev 3.3 in the latter half of 2019, I told myself that was it, no more. So this year so far I've bought:

Korg MS10
RE201 Space Echo
AMS DMX 15-80S

So now I'm telling myself no more. Honestly.
Just realised I forgot to say I also picked up a Warm Audio Bus Comp!

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:00 pm looks like the tides coming in.
maybe tomorrow, maybe next week...
was today as i missed it on friday.

Just got this Zither from James Jones Instruments in the US. Looks and sounds beautiful, very well built with solid tonewoods etc. Sounds great with ebow too. :) Now I fancy one of his Bowed Psalterys...

https://www.jamesjonesinstruments.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:33 pm Just got this Zither from James Jones Instruments in the US. Looks and sounds beautiful, very well built with solid tonewoods etc. Sounds great with ebow too. :) Now I fancy one of his Bowed Psalterys...

https://www.jamesjonesinstruments.com/
Very nice. Always enjoyed the sound of a zither.
Stormchild

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”