Pulsar 900 Series

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
900 Series Modular Synthesizer

P900 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:28 pmYou might have noticed that a high percentage of plugins these days have the same sound, behavior/character and only differ in GUI. The reason being, recycled publicly available DSP code/libraries.
Got some examples to prove this claim?

pdxindy wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:17 pm
P900 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:28 pm We will post in this forum next time. Our main beta testers where hardcore P900 users; because we needed people who know the P900 inside out, to let us know if we nailed the same organic feel and sound.
You might have noticed that a high percentage of plugins these days have the same sound, behavior/character and only differ in GUI. The reason being, recycled publicly available DSP code/libraries. Peter has spent nearly 3 years working on this masterpiece. It has a soul, it has character, it is organic. If I thought for a second that other free or expensive soft synths can do what p900 does, then I wouldn’t have gone to the hall of Valhalla to bring back the P900.
Here is a recent review, where P900 was voted number one soft synth.
https://www.heavyweightbass.net/index.p ... t-plugins/
... I don't have P900 cause I use Bitwig on a Mac and it doesn't support AU. I'll give it consideration if a new version I can use comes out. However, I already have a lot of modular synthesis and me buying it is not a foregone conclusion. It would have to prove itself extremely reliable with a very good workflow. And there is no chance I would buy a subscription.
Thanks for the detailed feedback and constructive criticism. I appreciate it and will try to work through the points you mentioned. Could you please test drive Lunar Lander, as it is VST3 and AU and share your experience. I will add you as a beta tester. PM me to coordinate.
https://www.pulsarmodular.com/
Pulsar Modular
The Sound is... UNBELIEVABLE!

P900 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:38 pmMan this is a heavy grit sandpaper forum. While I do appreciate the input from this forum thread, I am hesitant now to express my opinion or direction.
Leaving one's own echo-chamber can often be quite a jarring experience. But eventually you may come around to the benefits of opinions that differ from your own :tu:

0AC1E5DF-3C0C-4011-B87D-FBC32F4D53C7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

les claypool's gettin' on

P900 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:18 am
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:41 am
P900 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:38 pm but equally others did like it as refreshingly unique.
Yeah, blind people probably.
Critical people are often not aware that they are being critical, because their criticisms are a projection of their own issues onto someone else. So, if they’re already unwilling to engage in self-awareness and self healing, chances are you lashing out at them is not going to change that.”

It’s also not helpful to stay silent. That’s because a critical person may misinterpret your silence as acceptance, and “criticize even more because they assume they’re being helpful.”
Oh I'm very well aware that I'm critical. You're taking something that was a great thing (even if limited to one OS only) and making it not so great with your approach to marketing, pricing strategy and so on. I am not at all a fan of that, so I am voicing that.

P900 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:18 am
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:41 am
P900 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:38 pm but equally others did like it as refreshingly unique.
Yeah, blind people probably.
Critical people are often not aware that they are being critical, because their criticisms are a projection of their own issues onto someone else. So, if they’re already unwilling to engage in self-awareness and self healing, chances are you lashing out at them is not going to change that.”

It’s also not helpful to stay silent. That’s because a critical person may misinterpret your silence as acceptance, and “criticize even more because they assume they’re being helpful.”

EvilDragon is well respected at KVR, and has quite a good overview of the whole plugin industry one might say. And following this thread and other pulsarmodular posts/threads, I myself feel that his view, no matter how 'lashing', is valid.

Get someone with thick skin and good people skills to do your forum posting... or i would suggest you don't post at all. You're digging a ditch for yourself. I'm not saying that in any argumentative way, but coming out and just saying (paraphrasing) that you will release the most expensive plugin and you don't care what people think of that... it's a bit weird. This attitude, not the price, instantly makes me want to avoid your company. And the Louise Hay esq cul-de-sac of a post above, i hope you're not drinking and posting. I can well admit, it's never a good idea.

(nevermind)
Last edited by giant_panda on Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

from my perspective:
some geezer codes a beautiful sounding soft synth and prices it quite high
the UI is not great - particularly on laptops
is au only

said geezer vanishes periodically - occasionally re-appearing to do updates and ting
(meanwhile other people are coding good stuff too - and charging less for it)
then sells to a Facebook page who cut out a chunk of geezer's code, slap an unpleasant graphic on it
and sell at stupid price... 132 euros - really?

I'm dyslexic and getting old
I can't look at Lunar Lander never mind use it
in the meantime other companies have also got everything pretty much right
no brainer

Dave

sqigls wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:48 am i hope you're not drinking and posting. I can well admit, it's never a good idea.
it's fantastic idea :hihi:

You tend to see the scroll to use synth once in a while when it comes to "precise"/"authentic" emulation. Personally, I find it somewhat charming. Not the most fun using it on a laptop though.
Take care :wink:

dave dove wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:00 pm some geezer codes a beautiful sounding soft synth and prices it quite high
How much was it?
Wasn't it around $100 (which I would call a reasonable price)?

Back to the present... P900 gave an (actually pretty weird and unrelated to the question) hint on PulsarModular being about to become the most expensive softsynth on the market.
Is Omnisphere at $500 the current record holder?
This doesn't sound too good :neutral:

Everything about this turns me off. Charging more than the full instrument price for a few of the modules? An ugly amateurish GUI that looks like bad freeware? A marketing decision to make it the most expensive soft synth ever? The creepy vibe of the spokesperson? Really makes me appreciate u-He and Synapse even more! P900 sounds wonderful, but not worth all this BS.

@Niowiad
much more than $100
think it was @129e last I looked
obvs not for sale any more

Dave

dave dove wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:07 pm @Niowiad
much more than $100
think it was @129e last I looked
obvs not for sale any more

Dave
Still, not an extreme price. Diva for example is 179€ and u-he in my opinion is a good measure for fair prices.
Yorgos Simeonidis

Return to “Instruments”