BSOD Problem with TPKD.sys from an old version from iLok Pace (my bad)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I was installing Evo auto-tune thingy effect from a questionable website (my bad), installer didn't even let me choose any folder or anything, I gave it a try (what could be wrong, right?), rebooted computer and bang, BSOD in a loop.
3 hours figuring out how to fix tpkd.sys error, until I gave up, I got enough, I'm not a techy windows nerd.
Now reinstalling Windows again from scratch because there isn't a way to enter my system and delete/uninstall this manually :tu:

Thanks for reading me. All going good.

Have a good day everyone.

PS: Thanks for the downvoting :lol:
Last edited by IrionDaRonin on Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sorry to hear that Ilonka screwed your system.

Still, I‘ve been using ilok for several years with many licenses and no problems whatsoever.

Also been using it for years without any problems. Admittedly, I am scared to let it update since I see these kind of posts often. The old version I have works and I don't want to risk that changing.

Have you tried to boot in safe mode and uninstall/delete/rename the driver?

btfnk wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:34 pm The old version I have works and I don't want to risk that changing.
Same here. Mine is working and I'm not updating unless I am forced. I once had a problem after accepting an update that iLok offered from within the e-licenser. Took quite some effort to get it working again.

Never again unless something stops working. :uhuhuh:
VladK wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:38 pm Have you tried to boot in safe mode and uninstall/delete/rename the driver?
He wrote that's he's reinstalling Windows now so a bit late for that...... :?
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

you're talking about the old Avox4 bundle stuff? I remember installing them back in 2016 and they blindly installed an ancient (2013) version of the ilok manager over the top of my current version. On win7 (which I was still running back then) this was just a minor annoyance - on win10 I could see that causing major issues. Definitely Antares' issue though - smart companies don't even bundle the ilok s/w and tell you to download/install the current version

just had a look in the current (v4.03) installer archive off antares site - they provide the 'legacy' interlok driver package not the full/current one - but at least now it's a 2017 version (which is still the current version of the legacy driver). Still would be better if they just got people to install the current/full ilok license package
Last edited by jdnz on Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abi wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:30 pm Sorry to hear that Ilonka screwed your system.

Still, I‘ve been using ilok for several years with many licenses and no problems whatsoever.
Same here. I feel for the people who have these problems, but I've been using iLok/Pace for about 20 decades any major problems.
A well-behaved signature.

Never any problems with iLok here, sorry...

JerGoertz wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:49 pm Same here. I feel for the people who have these problems, but I've been using iLok/Pace for about 20 decades any major problems.
LOL, have you seen Napoleon Bonaparte alive?

JerGoertz wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:49 pm
abi wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:30 pm Sorry to hear that Ilonka screwed your system.

Same here. I feel for the people who have these problems, but I've been using iLok/Pace for about 20 decades any major problems.
200 years? :P
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Calenberger wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:51 pm Never any problems with iLok here, sorry...
Same.

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:56 pm 200 years? :P
It just seems that long. 2020 feels like it's gone on for a decade or so already....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It was once said in regards to iLok there are two Groups. Group A who have had problems with iLok and Group B who have just been lucky and are waiting for the day they join Group A. :hihi:

VladK wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:38 pm Have you tried to boot in safe mode and uninstall/delete/rename the driver?
I've tried everything i found so far.
But my CMD in safe mode was in X:, instead of C:
As i said, i'm not a techy of computers, so i couldn't find anything else and i found reinstalling everything easier to do. My head was going to explode.

Now installing everything again. Lesson learned, it's totally ok.

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:56 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:49 pm

200 years? :P
Give or take... :P
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Effects”