Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

Weasel-Boy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:02 pm I just installed version 2.2 and have discovered a number of serious problems.
The VST3 version does nothing but play a slightly distorted sine wave, no matter what waveform or oscillator is chosen ...
I have the same problem on Win7/64 in Reaper. It seems, that all analog OSC are only sounding like sinewave. I testet a lot of presets, not only mine, and it seems to be a genral problem.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Could we also get a 200% UI for the official release ?

photonic wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:30 pm
Weasel-Boy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:02 pm I just installed version 2.2 and have discovered a number of serious problems.
The VST3 version does nothing but play a slightly distorted sine wave, no matter what waveform or oscillator is chosen ...
I have the same problem on Win7/64 in Reaper. It seems, that all analog OSC are only sounding like sinewave. I testet a lot of presets, not only mine, and it seems to be a genral problem.
Oh my, Windows as well :scared:
Fix is compiling as we speak....

photonic wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:30 pm I have the same problem on Win7/64 in Reaper. It seems, that all analog OSC are only sounding like sinewave. I testet a lot of presets, not only mine, and it seems to be a genral problem.
Windows version should be fixed as well now. Again, happy if someone could verify it is actually working now.

Sorry for the troubles guys :cry:

Win7 64 working in Reaper - thank you.

Yeah, that was quick! THANKS :tu: :hug:
A quick test showed all OK!
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

TheWaveWarden wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:27 pm
Xbucket wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:33 am Checked this one out the last 2 hours and got some interesting sounds out of it. I like it for basses especially! Every synth is Odin with a few plugins afterwards.

This is what i got:
https://soundcloud.com/cross_ed/odin2
Nice! Too bad you're two weeks late for OSC ;-)
that don´t stop me from having fun! :D

2.2 is working fine here on Cubase 10.5. Only my CPU is killing me...

onerob wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:59 pm Odin2.2 is not validating in Logic (10.5.1). I did a full removal of all files associated with the previous version before installing.
Weasel-Boy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:02 pm The AU does not pass validation in LogicPro 10.4.4. so I can't test it there.
This issue is fixed now as well! Thanks for notifying me :tu:

Clem4 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:38 pm Could we also get a 200% UI for the official release ?
I already asked Frederik for bigger sizes to fit ultra wide screens or 4k screens.
The answer was yes but not before the official release...

akira2 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:27 pm
Clem4 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:38 pm Could we also get a 200% UI for the official release ?
I already asked Frederik for bigger sizes to fit ultra wide screens or 4k screens.
The answer was yes but not before the official release...
The answer is maybe sometime in the future ;-) Currently I don't have it on my roadmap, but on the "maybe-list".

Problem is I need to rerender over 400 assets, which takes ages (rendering the knobs for 150% alone took three days). People are also asking for 125%, I need to make adjustments to my code virtually everywhere etc.

What I can promise you is that I will consider this from minute one of my next synth :wink:

TheWaveWarden wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:23 pm
onerob wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:59 pm Odin2.2 is not validating in Logic (10.5.1). I did a full removal of all files associated with the previous version before installing.
Weasel-Boy wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:02 pm The AU does not pass validation in LogicPro 10.4.4. so I can't test it there.
This issue is fixed now as well! Thanks for notifying me :tu:
I'm afraid it's still showing the same validation error in Logic for me.

odin 2.2 beta
linux (mint 19.3)
bitwig 3.2.4
libm.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.29' not found

onerob wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:58 pm I'm afraid it's still showing the same validation error in Logic for me.
Hmmm superweird this one. I was able to reproduce it, but it dissapeared after a while. So I thought a clean build had removed the problem and uploaded that version. Now I can't reproduce it anymore.

Could you try the following:

1.Remove the Odin2.component. You can do so by typing in a terminal:

Code: Select all

sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Odin2.component
2. Start Logic once and make sure the plugin is not found int the plugin-manager anymore
(Logic Pro X -> Settings -> Plug-in manager)

3. Close Logic

4. install the plugin again

tor.helge.skei wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:52 pm odin 2.2 beta
linux (mint 19.3)
bitwig 3.2.4
libm.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.29' not found
Does running

Code: Select all

sudo apt install libc6
in a terminal fix the problem for you?

Also are you the Thor Helge I provided a non-AVX version a while back?

Return to “Instruments”