Ursa DSP Boost

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Boost

Do you remember Lagrange? A unique delay plugin?

This plugin coming soon!

Transparent and professional loudness control, minimal distortion and a unique detection algorithm with no clipping.
yzcoruhT

looks interesting! any release date?

Good news that the developer is still active, Lagrange is marvellous, I would love to have it on a pedal.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

I don't know what exactly about it, but it looks wonderful. If the performance is as pleasant as the GUI, what's not to love.
Take care :wink:

Thankyou all for the very encouraging words.
I promise I'm not neglecting Lagrange, there will be a v2 when I've found the right mix of new and existing features.
A pedal is a nice idea @fcamp, perhaps I should talk to a few hardware vendors, any recomendations?

Boost is a week or two away from it's release, I'm just getting tutorials and audio demos together. To whet your appetite, here's a bit of technical / testing detail.
URSA Boost Test results.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Boost is now available via the Devious Machines store.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_pAQPuTs28

Please let me know if you have any questions.

consordini wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:57 pm I don't know what exactly about it, but it looks wonderful. If the performance is as pleasant as the GUI, what's not to love.
I double that. Makes me wonder why other plugin devs don't get pros to do their GUI's so they look like that.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:39 pm
consordini wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:57 pm I don't know what exactly about it, but it looks wonderful. If the performance is as pleasant as the GUI, what's not to love.
I double that. Makes me wonder why other plugin devs don't get pros to do their GUI's so they look like that.
The UI is based on the design work of Igor Szupluk @ http://craftdigital.pl/
With some very useful feedback from Jim Credland @ Devious Machines.

I recreated the initial drawings using vector drawn graphics. Vector graphics can be a barrier to plugin development as it takes much longer to code all the draw calls for the gradients and shadows, etc... and it can have performance implications.
For instance, the central knob alone is made of 7 gradients, 17 draw calls and fair bit of mucking about with geometry. But damn it was all fun to do.
Aside from the look, the advantage of vectors is that they scale to different screen resolutions well.
p.s. I hope the sound matched your expectations too.

^ Nice to see a good team working on a project. It's also good to see both smaller and bigger companies move to vector graphics, mainly for the reasons you have stated.

I'm not sure about other DAWs, but FL20 has moved to be vector based as well, with their suite of stock plugins getting the vector makeover bit by bit, to now having all of it mostly converted.
Take care :wink:

Previous Lagrange-user reregistering cos I seem to have mislaid my old KVR login, just wanted to delurk to say well done for this one.

I'm one of those people that had been using Maximus liberally because I just had it, and it had been doing OK... But as a drop in replacement the difference is really clear, especially when it comes to how hard you can push it without having to mess around tweaking it, it's incredibly forgiving. On a mix with a lot going on it seems to pull up lost details that required a bunch of delicate balancing otherwise. Does great things on a drum bus as well.

N'thing that it for sure looks much better than Lagrange (which I do love, sonically, but... :D ) I felt it was worth saying that as welcome as the GUI work is, what it does with the audio is worth the trial download and I'll be purchasing.

Interesting plug-in,gonna demo it some more but first impressions are good. Cool as a subtile drum-shaper with the additional controls. And a nice tool to keep your synths in line, automatically ducking the reverbs/delays.

Is it only for sale at the Devious Machines store ? Or will it also be on Plugin Boutique, like Devious Machines stuff ?
More BPM please

I don't really get the timeout demo that still makes noise, pretty annoying. I understand
it was likely not the developers idea as much as the vendor. I just expect a 14 day demo
not to have noise, or at least explain that it does, so I wont bother with it. thx..

*Not everyone wants to test with software, I was using it with hardware, modular and fixed arch
synths, making changes is not instantaneous as it is with plugins. I make changes, right about the
time I've done that, the noise, which I've forgotten about by then, interrupts my train of thought.
So yeah, annoying...

-Cheers

The most interesting thing to me is that it works in a mostly (or purely?) linear fashion - so no harmonics at all and therefore no aliasing either. Seems like it could be an ultra-transparent secret weapon?

Devious Machines have only released a couple of plugins but they are crazy good - so the fact that they backed this makes me think it must be special, otherwise they wouldn't put their name on it.

A new updated version is out
UrsaDSP wrote:Thanks for all your support and encouragement for Boost version 1!

Today we're announcing the new upgrade:UrsaDSP Boost Revision B

Those of you who already have a copy will be getting a free upgrade and should have had emails about this if you're on the UrsaDSP mailing list. You're also welcome to download it from https://ursadsp.com/#boost

Thanks!
Dave@UrsaDSP
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Effects”