DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

ok thanks for your responses here. Im not 100% sure that the device select toggle in Bitwig always grabs the correct device in a chain easily. it might be too much trouble.

as for question number 1. the drums machines pitch control is located in the sampler that is expanded when clicking each drum pad sample. Theres a big pitch knob

as far as using the drum sequencer for any vst drum - have you seen the bitwig script for the livid base? It lets you enable drum sequencer mode for anything. Not sure if that helps. Essentially I use Xo drums and it uses the keys C1-F1 and I want something that looks like fl studios step sequence to control it. Without that feature I dont know.
Either way I appreciate that you are doing so much for controller support

I am on the latest MacOS Catalina.
moss wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:14 pm
marcora wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:37 pm I am pretty new to Bitwig thus I am asking you this... were you (or others) able to use DrivenByMoss with KK M32 and MM MK3 at the same time with previous versions of Bitwig Studio?
I did some tests with Kontrol A61 and Maschine Mikro Mk3. Works fine for me on Windows 10 and Bitwig 3.2.4.
Is anybody still having issues? If yes, on which platform?

Push 2: Is it possible in Note View to start recording a new clip into a new slot without a fixed length?
I.e., until you stop recording?

melodyz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:49 pm ok thanks for your responses here. Im not 100% sure that the device select toggle in Bitwig always grabs the correct device in a chain easily. it might be too much trouble.
It grabs always the first instrument on the channel. But there will be a better API in the future to pick dedicated devices.
melodyz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:49 pm as for question number 1. the drums machines pitch control is located in the sampler that is expanded when clicking each drum pad sample. Theres a big pitch knob
It is not that easy. The pitch you edit with the knob is the Pitch parameter of the note. This parameter needs to be assigned to a pitch (or something else) of the device which is contained in the drum machines cell (this does not need to be a sampler instance). To be honest, I do not know how to do this but send the question to Bitwig or someone else can chime in.
melodyz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:49 pm as far as using the drum sequencer for any vst drum - have you seen the bitwig script for the livid base? It lets you enable drum sequencer mode for anything. Not sure if that helps. Essentially I use Xo drums and it uses the keys C1-F1 and I want something that looks like fl studios step sequence to control it. Without that feature I dont know.
Either way I appreciate that you are doing so much for controller support
The thing is that I wanted to have the sequencers of the Fire as close as possible to the way it is intended to be used with FL Studio, which is only possible to do with a Drum Machine device in Bitwig. But there are also workarounds (search the forum) for putting VSTs behind/inside a Bitwig drum machine.

michael-jennings wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:01 am Push 2: Is it possible in Note View to start recording a new clip into a new slot without a fixed length?
I.e., until you stop recording?
You can use the session view. Press an empty pad of a record enabled channel.

marcora wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:39 am I am on the latest MacOS Catalina.
moss wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:14 pm
marcora wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:37 pm I am pretty new to Bitwig thus I am asking you this... were you (or others) able to use DrivenByMoss with KK M32 and MM MK3 at the same time with previous versions of Bitwig Studio?
I did some tests with Kontrol A61 and Maschine Mikro Mk3. Works fine for me on Windows 10 and Bitwig 3.2.4.
Is anybody still having issues? If yes, on which platform?
I did some tests on Catalina (Mac Mini). Result is that it is not easy to make it work. First I had a USB hub which made stuff behave pretty weird. After switching around some cables and connecting the devices directly to the Mac it worked. Maybe that is what you see too?

Thanks if you can ever get the drum sequencer opened up for any drum vst that would be the best - it would save a step of having to export samples. But I can make due with this for now.

Hello Moss
I have a question about the Push 2.
When I have a track with, for instance, the Poly Grid, and there is more than 8 Preset pages (preset, device, modules, modulator pages), it's impossible to navigate directly on the Push (no arrow) more than the eighth.
I must then select the ninth in Bitwig to see the following pages. It's very annoying when I'm in a live session.
Is it a bug or a limitation ?

Invisble Man wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:59 am Hello Moss
I have a question about the Push 2.
When I have a track with, for instance, the Poly Grid, and there is more than 8 Preset pages (preset, device, modules, modulator pages), it's impossible to navigate directly on the Push (no arrow) more than the eighth.
I must then select the ninth in Bitwig to see the following pages. It's very annoying when I'm in a live session.
Is it a bug or a limitation ?
Seems the navigation is broken. Will fix it in the next update.

Hello moss, do you have any plans to support the maschine jam at some point?

Thanks

Syymian wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:42 pm Hello moss, do you have any plans to support the maschine jam at some point?

Thanks
No.

Hello,

Need some help with my S49 mk2:

PC dual boot: a screen recording & DAW. Both have bitwig 3.2.4 / DBM 10.1

Screen recording boot: S49 works, no issues

DAW boot:
S49 works with komplete kontrol standalone
S49 does not work in bitwig, missing "komplete kontrol DAW - 1". There are two other devices "komplete kontrol DAW - 1" and "komplete kontrol EXT- 1"
Autodetect on/off has no effect.

Tried a different USB port ... no "komplete kontrol DAW - 1"

moss wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:05 pm
Syymian wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:42 pm Hello moss, do you have any plans to support the maschine jam at some point?

Thanks
No.
Big fan of brevity huh? Thanks for the reply 👍

dot.solenoid wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:55 pm Hello,

Need some help with my S49 mk2:

PC dual boot: a screen recording & DAW. Both have bitwig 3.2.4 / DBM 10.1

Screen recording boot: S49 works, no issues

DAW boot:
S49 works with komplete kontrol standalone
S49 does not work in bitwig, missing "komplete kontrol DAW - 1". There are two other devices "komplete kontrol DAW - 1" and "komplete kontrol EXT- 1"
Autodetect on/off has no effect.

Tried a different USB port ... no "komplete kontrol DAW - 1"
If the DAW port does not show up, there is a problem with the NIHostIntegrationAgent service. Check if it is running, try to restart and/or to reinstall it.

moss wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:37 am...
Hi Moss, is it intentional that "arrow" buttons in Launchpad X script while in Custom mode are swapped around? I mean the up/down buttons move between devices, whereas left/right move between remote pages. Shouldn't it be the other way around, to correspond with what's on Bitwig's screen?

Also, is it possible to somehow access devices that are hidden in nesting slots? And reveal the remotes page if it's hidden? Or are those features not available in API at all yet?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Controller Scripting”