bitwig 3.2.4
libm.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.29' not found
Does running

Code: Select all

sudo apt install libc6
in a terminal fix the problem for you?
not really.. apt says:
"libc6 is already the newest version (2.27-3ubuntu1.2)"
TheWaveWarden wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:06 pm Also are you the Thor Helge I provided a non-AVX version a while back?
yes..
but i have since upgraded my computer (ryzen 5 3600), so i have avx now.. :-)

TheWaveWarden wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:56 pm
onerob wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:58 pm I'm afraid it's still showing the same validation error in Logic for me.
Hmmm superweird this one. I was able to reproduce it, but it dissapeared after a while. So I thought a clean build had removed the problem and uploaded that version. Now I can't reproduce it anymore.

Could you try the following:

1.Remove the Odin2.component. You can do so by typing in a terminal:

sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Odin2.component
2. Start Logic once and make sure the plugin is not found int the plugin-manager anymore
(Logic Pro X -> Settings -> Plug-in manager)

3. Close Logic

4. install the plugin again
Still no joy. Is it possible the website is caching an older build?

onerob wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:23 pm Still no joy. Is it possible the website is caching an older build?
Not for a download I think, no.

For what it's worth I think you have the option to still enable the plugin in the plugin-manager by ticking the checkbox.

I'll try to think of a fix :scared:

TheWaveWarden wrote:
1.Remove the Odin2.component. You can do so by typing in a terminal:

sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Odin2.component

2. Start Logic once and make sure the plugin is not found int the plugin-manager anymore
(Logic Pro X -> Settings -> Plug-in manager)

3. Close Logic

4. install the plugin again
I tried this with both LogicPro 10.4.4. and MainStage 3.4.4. Unfortunately, the current AU version still fails validation on my machine. Attempting to resurrect it in the Plug-In Manager failed after multiple tries. Here's the prompt Logic continuously put up:
screenshot_01.png
I mentioned this earlier: I believe you are initially parking your Presets folder in the wrong place. The installer sends it to the BootHD/Library/Audio/odin2 pathway. If it were me, I'd be parking it one level down in Presets. BootHD/Library/Audio/Presets/odin2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On a number of Macs

tor.helge.skei wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:18 pm
TheWaveWarden wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:06 pm
tor.helge.skei wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:52 pm odin 2.2 beta
linux (mint 19.3)
bitwig 3.2.4
Does running

sudo apt install libc6
in a terminal fix the problem for you?
not really.. apt says:
"libc6 is already the newest version (2.27-3ubuntu1.2)"
TheWaveWarden wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:06 pm Also are you the Thor Helge I provided a non-AVX version a while back?
yes..
but i have since upgraded my computer (ryzen 5 3600), so i have avx now.. :-)
there are two ways:
TheWaveWarden downgrades his build environment to Ubuntu 18.*
You upgrade your system to smth with glibc >= 2.29 :)

Kott wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:52 am
there are two ways:
TheWaveWarden downgrades his build environment to Ubuntu 18.*
You upgrade your system to smth with glibc >= 2.29 :)
That's what I was suspecting. During homeoffice I built all releases on my work-pc (Ubuntu 18.4) and now I'm building on my machine (Ubuntu Studio). I didn't realize there's a difference here.

I will compile a Ubuntu 18.4 version today and make that the standard from now.

Thanks for your explanation :tu:

tor.helge.skei wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:52 pm odin 2.2 beta
linux (mint 19.3)
bitwig 3.2.4
I just uploaded the version built with Ubuntu 18.4

If you could verify this one works for you, it would be great :tu:

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:07 am I just uploaded the version built with Ubuntu 18.4
If you could verify this one works for you, it would be great :tu:
just tested it quickly, with bitwig again
and, yes, it seems to work now!
awesome!

I don't believe I am able to browse all the presets in the preset browser. Should I be able to scroll or something?

Erisian wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:01 pm I don't believe I am able to browse all the presets in the preset browser. Should I be able to scroll or something?
Yes, most definitely. Aren't you able to scroll..? Are you using a touchpad?

onerob wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:23 pm Still no joy. Is it possible the website is caching an older build?
I thought about it and one thing I did change was: My Logic Trial expired and I reinstalled. I thereby possibly changed to a newer version.

Dare I say it, but this might be a problem on apples side: The logs say something like parameter was 4.00079 and was changed to 4.00079, which isn't the same value!? :help:

For reference my version of Logic is now 10.5.1

I know this is a lot to ask, but maybe you could try upgrading?

EDIT: I just received word from the JUCE forum that running

sudo killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar
in a terminal could potentially fix the issue. Could you try? Sorry these are rather shots in the dark...

TheWaveWarden:
I tried your [sudo killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar] terminal command and got this as a response:

"No matching processes were found"

Before I tried this, I had removed the Odin2 AU and launched Logic, then quit before using the terminal command. Even though the terminal's response indicated what it did, I relaunched Logic anyway. Sorry, still throws up the same "failed validation" message I posted earlier.

However, here's something interesting. I have an old version of Studio One (v2.6.5) and Odin2's AU is seen and launches just fine in it, as does the VST3 version.
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:44 pm TheWaveWarden:
I tried your [sudo killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar] terminal command and got this as a response:

"No matching processes were found"

Before I tried this, I had removed the Odin2 AU and launched Logic, then quit before using the terminal command. Even though the terminal's response indicated what it did, I relaunched Logic anyway. Sorry, still throws up the same "failed validation" message I posted earlier.

However, here's something interesting. I have an old version of Studio One (v2.6.5) and Odin2's AU is seen and launches just fine in it, as does the VST3 version.
Ok thanks for testing.

Yeah no other host validates your plugin. Especially, no other host has the audacity to take it upon itself to jail said plugin for arbitrary reasons :cry:

I'm pretty sure the plugin itself is fine, the error messages don't really make sense or would cause any problem in a real world scenario.

Anyway, I'll keep on thinking what the cause of this is, thanks for your help!

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:25 pm
I thought about it and one thing I did change was: My Logic Trial expired and I reinstalled. I thereby possibly changed to a newer version.

Dare I say it, but this might be a problem on apples side: The logs say something like parameter was 4.00079 and was changed to 4.00079, which isn't the same value!? :help:

For reference my version of Logic is now 10.5.1

I know this is a lot to ask, but maybe you could try upgrading?

EDIT: I just received word from the JUCE forum that running

sudo killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar
in a terminal could potentially fix the issue. Could you try? Sorry these are rather shots in the dark...
I'm already on 10.5.1. One thing I notice in the list of values is that the last one is actually different:

WARNING: retrievedValue = 0.378178 (was 0.378177), Parameter did not retain default value when set
ERROR: Parameter did not retain set value when Initialized
So, who knows, is it a rounding error? It's true the AU validator is ultra strict in its stress testing, but that should ensure maximum stability of a plugin once its passed, I guess.

I finally found the culprit! This time for real. I will upload the fix tomorrow and notify you then!

Thanks to both of you for your patient testing!

Return to “Instruments”