Hyakken (HY Plugins) releases HY-POLY

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-POLY Motoko The Computer Music Soundbank

exmatproton wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:22 pm Great synth. Love it. But, is it me, or is the attack quite "soft"? Sounds, with a clean saw, if it is set to 5 or 10 ms or so when dialed all the way off.
The new update fixed the very soft (slow) attack. Very nice. Also, he added phase settings per osc :tu:

Lovely synth

it's sitting real pretty next to pieces like Dune or arcsyn. really liking it.

Dasheesh wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:46 am it's sitting real pretty next to pieces like Dune or arcsyn. really liking it.
Only then with midi fx and a cool mod system :hihi:

Some users would argue we don't need midi fx in a plugin (because DAW etc...) but i like it. No more hassle to load extra plugins just to apply some midi fx. I like that

At current OSC we're several to encounter serious issue with last version of hy poly free. Once updated, the plugin just disapear (reaper 6 win 10 64 bits for my part).

WYG_E wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:08 am
BONES wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:02 amWhy? Don't you have drum machines for drums? I've never understood why anyone would want to waste a whole synth just to make a drum sound. It makes no sense at all to me.
This is why;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=548540&sid=82c97f15 ... 32fc913e93
That's a ridiculous reason.
exmatproton wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:09 amSome users would argue we don't need midi fx in a plugin (because DAW etc...) but i like it. No more hassle to load extra plugins just to apply some midi fx. I like that
Realistically, though, what this synth labels as MIDI FX a lot of other synths have anyway. Arpeggiators, and step sequencers are MIDI effects whether you label them as such or not.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

It seems hugely unfair to me that a synth with the narrow appeal of OBsession gets a 66 page thread while a synth like this, with way broader potential than any emulation could hope to manage, is largely ignored. I can't imagine anyone trying this out and not thinking it was worth way more than $60. It must be hugely frustrating for new/small developers.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Lovely sounding synth. And the drag and drop modulation is brilliant (especially for happy accidents fans of random like me). Looking forwards to seeing where this one ends up.

BONES wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:48 am It seems hugely unfair to me that a synth with the narrow appeal of OBsession gets a 66 page thread while a synth like this, with way broader potential than any emulation could hope to manage, is largely ignored. I can't imagine anyone trying this out and not thinking it was worth way more than $60. It must be hugely frustrating for new/small developers.
I agree, HY-Plugins are almost criminally underrated. For HY-Poly specifically, it's already starting to take over the role of my go-to "not a gigantic workstation" synth. It's spot on in just about every aspect: sound, versatility, modulation, layout, workflow.

The OSC Tune Mod Range doesnt seem to be doing a thing (live10/win10).

Anybody else?
find free samples and presets at
:troll: https://fatpassfilter.com

BONES wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:48 am It seems hugely unfair to me that a synth with the narrow appeal of OBsession gets a 66 page thread while a synth like this, with way broader potential than any emulation could hope to manage, is largely ignored. I can't imagine anyone trying this out and not thinking it was worth way more than $60. It must be hugely frustrating for new/small developers.
Said it before, will say it again. Sound is always personal.

Many of us rate sound over features....
Even whilst waiting for Obsession and this was on sale, I tried it but didn't gel with the sound (same with one of your favourites, Phase Plant).

For me it is sound, sound, sound, ........ and features coming further down in the list...

Features aren't the big yardstick for everyone.

rsp
sound sculptist

This looks like a quality synth for an affordable price which is really nice overall.
I'll definitely check this one out one day. But currently I don't need another synth.

But I think the presentation could be better.
Copy paste from the website: "It’s a subtractive type poly phonic synthesizer with midi effects and audio effects.
And many of synth and audio fx parameters can be modulated.
You can create wide variety of synth sound with those midi/audio fx and modulations."

Thats all ? Come on you can do better. Were are the marketing Buzzwords like "Next Level of sounddesign" , "Makes creating patches a breeze" "A Huge arsenal of audio fx" stuff like that. Also how many presets are there ? I can't find that information. While most people on kvr will ignore presets anyway they are a selling point and should at least be mentioned. Also the videos could need a voice over or alternatively an audio demo with big texts and 3d renders of the synth. :D

I would suggest that very few people on KVR will ignore presets. It is quite clear to me that many people's entire opinion of any synth is based on listening to the presets and nothing more. See below for an example of what I mean. I have no idea how many presets HY-Poly comes with but it's a decent amount, maybe in the ball park of 200? Possibly more.
zvenx wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:30 pmFor me it is sound, sound, sound, ........ and features coming further down in the list...
Of course sound comes first and HY-Poly sounds great. But, of course, you can't necessarily get good sound without features - cross-mod for FM and Hard Sync, Unison, sub-oscillators for a bigger sound, envelopes with slope adjustment, etc., etc. One or the other on its own is useless, you need both.

To be fair, that's an area where OBsession surprised me - it has a lot of features for so few controls, but things like Hard Sync are pretty gentle and the X-Mod is very limited. Neither are all that useful. That is reflected in the uses I have so far found for it, which are all fairly generic parts that I could probably have used anything for. I prefer bx_oberhausen - it is a lot rawer and it's filter is much better, both in sound and flexibility - and I have found a couple of uses for it where it is the pivotal part of a piece, as well as using it for more mundane chores.

I just testet the demo against some other synths (Serum,Spire,ANA2,SynthmasterOne). Some things I noticed:
Unison sounds somewhat dirty. (In a way I don't like. (It still sounds better than synthmaster one))
The Unison width seems to not go far enough.
The Envelopes are to soft. (Even when I change the slope or add an envelope shaper).
The filters sound "dull" if thats the right word to describe it.

Is the demo the full version with a time limitation or is it the free version?

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:17 pm Is the demo the full version with a time limitation or is it the free version?
I don't think either has a time limitation but the demo you can't save stuff. The free version has fewer features. I have only been using the free.

FYI, to other poster there is a 60 plus page thread talking about hy poly in effects.

Return to “Instruments”