Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

Great!

Weasel-Boy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:44 pm Even though the terminal's response indicated what it did, I relaunched Logic anyway. Sorry, still throws up the same "failed validation" message I posted earlier.
onerob wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:23 pm Still no joy. Is it possible the website is caching an older build?
The fixed version is up!

TheWaveWarden wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:41 pm
Weasel-Boy wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:44 pm Even though the terminal's response indicated what it did, I relaunched Logic anyway. Sorry, still throws up the same "failed validation" message I posted earlier.
onerob wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:23 pm Still no joy. Is it possible the website is caching an older build?
The fixed version is up!
Great thanks, it's working here. Nice to have presets baked in.

Couple of thoughts: Would it be possible to have a category of 'All' in the category list? Also, arrows to select next/previous preset (not sure where they'd fit)?

onerob wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:59 pm Couple of thoughts: Would it be possible to have a category of 'All' in the category list? Also, arrows to select next/previous preset (not sure where they'd fit)?
The browser currently simply represents the files you find in /Library/Audio/odin2/Soundbanks, so in order to have an 'All' category I'd need to put in some extra layer which scrapes all sibling directories. Then the question arises, where do patches get stored if you press "save" and so on :wink:

AU loads in Logic here. Fast work, man and thank you. I gotta ask...is there any way I can move your odin2 presets folder into the Audio/Presets pathway and get Odin to see it without you having to recode something?
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:39 am AU loads in Logic here. Fast work, man and thank you. I gotta ask...is there any way I can move your odin2 presets folder into the Audio/Presets pathway and get Odin to see it without you having to recode something?
man this really bugs you , doesn't it :hihi:
I need to recode a few lines, but it's not much work. It is not the right place after all, so I'll do it these days an notify you.

Hi, just letting you know that installing Odin_2.2-1.deb on Ubuntu 18.04 was easy and seems to be working just fine so far (Reaper 6.08) :-)

TheWaveWarden wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:19 pm
Erisian wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:01 pm I don't believe I am able to browse all the presets in the preset browser. Should I be able to scroll or something?
Yes, most definitely. Aren't you able to scroll..? Are you using a touchpad?
Yes. Laptop touchpad.

Erisian wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:43 pm Yes. Laptop touchpad.
Hmmm ok, yeah that's something I didn't think about. Right now I'm only reacting to scroll events from the mouse.

TheWaveWarden wrote:
I need to recode a few lines, but it's not much work. It is not the right place after all, so I'll do it these days an notify you.
Thank you. I appreciate it.
On a number of Macs

I've been playing around with Odin, and to me it seems to be ready to go. The (minor) details, like the Presets storage place in macOS can be corrected at any point. I really think it should be announced as ready by now.

Too bad we can't have a VST2 version :(
Fernando (FMR)

TheWaveWarden wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:41 pm The fixed version is up!
Are there any plans or possibility of improving the unison's CPU consumption on a future release? Otherwise I don't know if there's anything else I would like to ask for. Really great work on this TheWaveWarden!! :clap:
Thanks for sharing this gem! :tu:

Any possibility of a Windows version without installer (manual installation) for people don't like it, like me.

Gabriel Garcia wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:27 pm Are there any plans or possibility of improving the unison's CPU consumption on a future release?
I might try to improve performance overall, which would improve unison as well: Unison is really just many voices stacked.

But for what it's worth I'm sketching my next synth project right now, including all the suggestions I can't add into Odin without completely rewriting the synth :wink:
L-EctroBit wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:44 pm Any possibility of a Windows version without installer (manual installation) for people don't like it, like me.
Why would you prefer the plain thing?

The big problem is the patch library: It needs to be in a very specific location, which is also handled by the installer. If I distribute the synth alone, the patch-browser will display an error message :clown:

TheWaveWarden wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:46 pm Why would you prefer the plain thing?

The big problem is the patch library: It needs to be in a very specific location, which is also handled by the installer. If I distribute the synth alone, the patch-browser will display an error message :clown:

Ok. Thanks for your answer.

Return to “Instruments”