Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

AnX wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:23 am I'd rather spend 40 minutes trying the demo than watching a video of someone else do it
Sure would be good if everybody grabbed the demo also. People seem to enjoy vids though, the Let's Plays on Youtube can last 20 hours or more and still get plenty of views ;)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

AnX wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:25 am
revvy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:17 am Are those 2 acts mutually exclusive?
trying it yourself is useful
watching someone else do it isnt

so....

does it work on my system?
does it make sounds i like?
is it easy to learn to program?
those kinda things... the stuff you won't get from a video

a tutorial video might be useful for ppl who need it, but this kinda stuff is your basic monetizing waffle....
I've bought it and still watched and enjoyed the video, not sure what the relevance of a demo is. I sometimes learn and sometimes just enjoy too. Different strokes I guess.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Richard_Synapse wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:18 am
AnX wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:23 am I'd rather spend 40 minutes trying the demo than watching a video of someone else do it
Sure would be good if everybody grabbed the demo also. People seem to enjoy vids though, the Let's Plays on Youtube can last 20 hours or more and still get plenty of views ;)

Richard
let's plays?

revvy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:27 am

so....

a tutorial video might be useful for ppl who need it, but this kinda stuff is your basic monetizing waffle....
I've bought it and still watched and enjoyed the video, not sure what the relevance of a demo is. I sometimes learn and sometimes just enjoy too. Different strokes I guess.
thats like buying a car and watching someone else drive it :hihi:

AnX wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:45 am
revvy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:27 am

so....

thats like buying a car and watching someone else drive it :hihi:
As long as they're driving their car and not mine, that's fine.

If the vid guy had been using my version of Obsession I'd be pretty pissed off he didn't ask...
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Demo video clips = find out what someone else can do with a particular synth (piece of software).

Hands on demo = find out what you can do with it.

Although watching demo videos can be enjoyable, nothing beats the hands on approach.

BONES wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:28 am Hardly a critique, I only watched five minutes of it. It's a general thing - I simply don't have time to sit and watch a 40 minute video on anything. e.g. I recently took a week off work so I could concentrate on learning a new 3D modelling/animation application. I spent 4 or 5 hours a day watching YT tutorial videos on my Surface Pro while doing the work on my big laptop and the longest video I watched for that was 12 minutes or so. And trust me, 3D modelling and animation is orders of magnitude more complicated than any VSTi. If someone can manage to teach me how to create realistic flowing water using a fluid simulation in under 10 minutes, then anyone should be able to show us everything a synth as simple as OBsession can do in half that time.
Yeah, he didn't make the video the way you want. So what? The world doesn't revolve around your myopic opinions. You said you could do it in 5 minutes. You still haven't.
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
https://soundcloud.com/biomechanoid

BONES wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:28 am Hardly a critique, I only watched five minutes of it. It's a general thing - I simply don't have time to sit and watch a 40 minute video on anything. e.g. I recently took a week off work so I could concentrate on learning a new 3D modelling/animation application. I spent 4 or 5 hours a day watching YT tutorial videos on my Surface Pro while doing the work on my big laptop and the longest video I watched for that was 12 minutes or so. And trust me, 3D modelling and animation is orders of magnitude more complicated than any VSTi. If someone can manage to teach me how to create realistic flowing water using a fluid simulation in under 10 minutes, then anyone should be able to show us everything a synth as simple as OBsession can do in half that time.
then how the heck you have so much time to post on here all day?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

triple
Last edited by ATS on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double

ADD?

BONES wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:47 am Oh, poor bubba. Grow the hell up. If you're happy to waste your time, be my guest.
I guess thats the point. Dont watch the f**king video if you won't want to and don't worry about anyone else. Some people like this stuff, some don't. Some people think sitting and watching videos all day about 3D modelling is a waste of time. I don't particularly care for the types of videos this dude does but to each his own.

Don't watch the video but, at the same time, don't provide any feedback as to why I'm not going to watch the video. That doesn't seem helpful. People who don't watch 3D modelling videos don't do 3D modelling for a living, I imagine. Time spent expanding/improving your professional skillset is seldom wasted.
biomechanoid wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:03 pmYeah, he didn't make the video the way you want. So what?
You tell me, you're the guy with his knickers in a twist over it, not me.
ATS wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:11 pmthen how the heck you have so much time to post on here all day?
Work. Waiting for previews to cache or renders in After Effects or waiting for a brief from a producer (which is what I am doing now).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:32 pm Don't watch the video but, at the same time, don't provide any feedback as to why I'm not going to watch the video. That doesn't seem helpful. People who don't watch 3D modelling videos don't do 3D modelling for a living, I imagine. Time spent expanding/improving your professional skillset is seldom wasted.
biomechanoid wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:03 pmYeah, he didn't make the video the way you want. So what?
ATS wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:11 pmthen how the heck you have so much time to post on here all day?
Work. Waiting for previews to cache or renders in After Effects or waiting for a brief from a producer (which is what I am doing now).
Hey Bones, if I may ask, what exactly do you do? Sounds like some graphic arts thing.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:36 pm
BONES wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:32 pm Don't watch the video but, at the same time, don't provide any feedback as to why I'm not going to watch the video. That doesn't seem helpful. People who don't watch 3D modelling videos don't do 3D modelling for a living, I imagine. Time spent expanding/improving your professional skillset is seldom wasted.
Hey Bones, if I may ask, what exactly do you do? Sounds like some graphic arts thing.
I assume you mean aside from a KVR curmudgeon? ;)

Return to “Instruments”