The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

WasteLand wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:53 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:55 pm 4th track from my upcoming CD "Disco Everywhere"

This one I just plain took the piss with. A lighthearted poke at The Ohio Players and another "disco flavored" track. The next track will be more classic disco. But I had to do this one. Obviously, not to be taken seriously at all. :lol:

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/funky-disco-me
i kind of crossover ween (music), captain beefheart (vocals) interpreting, or digesting the disco.
me like. had fun, and i liked it.
Fascinating how I keep reminding people of groups I never listened to. Guess I have to go check out Captain Beefheart now. Thanks for the listen and the feedback.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:48 pm 5th track from my upcoming CD "Disco Everywhere"

Returning to traditional, classic disco, this one is totally over the top. IMO, probably one of the greatest productions I've ever come up with. But I'll let you be the judge.

Wrote this one for my wife. Partially explains why it came out so good.

Once In My Lifetime

And so I've waited forever girl
And then you dropped into my dull world
Cookies and cream
You were just like a dream
Turned me from jester to earl

Well here we are love
You and me living the good life
Nothing can top this
Having you with me as my wife
And I know one thing it's something
I'll not take for granted
Once in my lifetime

I can't believe it but it's true
I never thought I'd ever find you
Blissful serene
Never again will be blue

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... y-lifetime
Every track i hear from you is better than the one before i dont know how you do it but i have much respect for you and i get a lot of inspiration from you songs.I tried singing some of them but the way you make them is so hard for a singer and i dont say that as a bad thing,its probably my fault as i am not a pro singer but trying to sing them at least gives me good practice for my voice.Keep them coming

noylis wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:22 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:48 pm 5th track from my upcoming CD "Disco Everywhere"

Returning to traditional, classic disco, this one is totally over the top. IMO, probably one of the greatest productions I've ever come up with. But I'll let you be the judge.

Once In My Lifetime

Cookies and cream

Well here we are love
Nothing can top this
Once in my lifetime

Blissful serene
Never again will be blue

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Outro

Every track i hear from you is better than the one before i dont know how you do it but i have much respect for you and i get a lot of inspiration from you songs.I tried singing some of them but the way you make them is so hard for a singer and i dont say that as a bad thing,its probably my fault as i am not a pro singer but trying to sing them at least gives me good practice for my voice.Keep them coming
Thanks. My songs aren't easy for me to sing either, trust me. :lol: In fact, I wish I could sing. It would make my life a whole lot easier.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:24 pm
noylis wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:22 pm

Once In My Lifetime

Cookies and cream

Well here we are love
Nothing can top this
Once in my lifetime

Blissful serene
Never again will be blue

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Outro

Thanks. My songs aren't easy for me to sing either, trust me. :lol: In fact, I wish I could sing. It would make my life a whole lot easier.
Do you have Melodyne? That might help.

Do i hear a british accent in your song? Are'nt you american? anyway cool song
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:06 pm Do i hear a british accent in your song? Are'nt you american? anyway cool song
I am from the US. People have been telling me I sing with a British accent my whole life. I have no idea why.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:32 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:06 pm Do i hear a british accent in your song? Are'nt you american? anyway cool song
I am from the US. People have been telling me I sing with a British accent my whole life. I have no idea why.
i see. i think that is pretty cool to be honest
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:41 pm
My friends hate it. :lol:

I do a pretty cool Davy Jones.

monkee or sailor?

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:12 pm monkee or sailor?
Monkee. In fact, for my finale of this CD I may do a disco version of "Daydream Believer."

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:59 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:41 pm
My friends hate it. :lol:

I do a pretty cool Davy Jones.
:lol:

right, now youve said it you know you have to. its the rules :D

i knew which one you meant really :hihi:
hes from not far from here originally, over in manc.
same as the bloody bee gees :o

with teh beatles on the other side in lpool, its no wonder i grew up a musical genius. its obviously in the water up here :)

:lol:

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:42 pm right, now youve said it you know you have to. its the rules :D

i knew which one you meant really :hihi:
hes from not far from here originally, over in manc.
same as the bloody bee gees :o
It's a song I've wanted to do my whole life. Not sure how I feel about doing it disco version but it's a done deal now. So we'll see how it goes.

Return to “Music Cafe”